Alcohol Countermeasure Systems Corp. is a privately held expanding international group of companies, with the manufacturing headquarters located in Toronto and diverse operations in traffic safety markets. We are currently looking for a permanent, full-time Shipping Clerk for our Toronto, Ontario location, to position, pack, and ship items, maintain shipping supplies, maintain tracking systems and general housekeeping.
ACS encourages the development and advancement of its employees, and offers a competitive total compensation program, including:
- Complete employee benefits plan, including medical, dental, paramedical services (physiotherapists, etc.) and vision care coverage.
- Company matched Pension plan
- Training & development programs
- Employee assistance program
- Subsidized public transit program
- Fill orders, obtaining merchandise from the stockroom, noting when inventories run low, and wrapping or packing the goods in shipping containers
- Keep records of all outgoing shipments
- prepare shipping documents and mailing labels and make sure that orders have been filled correctly
- Occasionally assist with receiving new shipments
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse
- Indoors. Comfortable area, air-conditioned, well-heated and lighted.
- No noticeable noise or other distractions
- Shipping and receiving materials not considered dangerous.
- Applicant should have at least normal strength and be able to stand for some periods throughout the day
- Usually works a 40 hour week, however may be required to work evenings and weekends on some occasions
- Safety shoes is a must
- At least 1-2 years experience in a Shipping/Receiving environment
- Strength, stamina, good eyesight, and an ability to work at repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of shipping and customs procedures
- Some computer skills in Microsoft Office
- DHL, UPS, FedEx online shipping experience considered to be an asset
- Experience with inspection measuring tools a plus
On-Site Training Requirements:
- Specific requirements regarding custom software related to SAP B1 regarding shipping and inventory control
- Ability to apply Six Sigma methodologies for process improvements
- WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods training
- Adherence to relevant health and safety policy and procedures
- Health & Safety
- Quality (QOS,ISO/TS requirements)
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted
Indeed - 9 months ago