Alcoa Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Customer Service for Extrusion (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC1 June 2017
Always challenging but great. each day I learned something new internally or with customers. Management was great. Work place was enjoyable and pleasant. Hardest part was when we need to collect a customer, but I do enjoy what I do.
travail de groupe
Mécanicien d'entretien (Former Employee) –  Baie-Comeau, QC27 April 2017
Protocole en santé sécurité tous les trois mois et rigueur au travail avec supervision accru de la qualité et du respect de l`équipe.
Pros
Sécurité d`emplois et salaire.
Cons
polluant gaz et poussieres.
Excellent company
Quebec .Plant engineering and management (Former Employee) –  Baie-Comeau, QC9 February 2017
I have been involved on Alcoa projects as an SNCLAVALIN employee between 1989 and 1990, working as area engineer in the extension of the company's plant in Baie-Comeau, Quebec.

I was again involved on Alcoa projects as a Hatch employee between 2001 and 2002, as a plant engineer in Baie-Comeau, Quebec.

A typical day was an eight hour day.Management was courteous and considerate and workplace culture was friendly and cooperative.

We all did our best to produce the best results for the company, which, in my case at least, expressed their appreciation.

Working as a plant engineer, in charge of the structural team, I learned many important things regarding the functioning of the company and its organization, and many of the aluminium plant's
working procedures.
Pros
Excellent organization and appreciative management
Cons
Can't find any.
good place to work
Sand Blaster (Former Employee) –  Acton, ON25 November 2016
Good place to work, only left to go to GTW in Georgetown. I enjoyed it there. Was there for a few years doing the same thing I do now. little room for growth.
Great
Uploading of data entry (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON3 October 2016
It is a great company to work for and very secure, they are very professional and know what they are doing, they are a company I very much enjoyed working for.
une entreprise qui n’arrête pas grandir et y travailler est une source très attirant pour les autres entreprises
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Donnacona, QC6 September 2016
Pour une emploi étudiante se fut un plaisir de travailler avec eu ainsi le salaire est très bien !
Pros
pause et repas payer
Cons
travailler parfois sous pression
A most dynamic organization
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Clarendon, Jamaica9 August 2016
Alcoa is a multinational company with several locations all over the world. Alcoa is a people friendly and dynamic organization which takes pride in its most important asset - people.
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON16 July 2016
Working at Alcoa was great
I've learned different departments even though my sole job was a welder.

It opened my mind to different careers and helped me to help others

co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. Some of the best people I know still works there

Meeting deadlines was a big factor at Alcoa, so as a team we strived to accomplish this.
Entreprise Prospère
Coordonnateur de l'Amélioration Continue (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC16 March 2016
Bon contrat à long terme avec Boeing, Airbus et Bombardier. Employés sympathiques et dévoué à la prospérité de l'entreprise. Directeur Général humain et très compétant.
Good Company. Good Benefits
Area Operator (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TX2 March 2016
Low rating for job security because i am currently laid off. Overall the job provided a comfortable living for my family.
Great place to work!
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB, Canada26 January 2016
The management team does a great job of recognizing and rewarding top talent! Highly ethical environment that fosters respect for fellow Alcoans!
alcoa
Foundry Leadhand-operator (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON18 January 2016
Alcoa was good company but unfortunately they have closed .the people are some of the best people I know, management were great. How to work as a team .
see below
Layout Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 December 2015
I worked there for 37 years when it was called Kawneer Company of Canada and then it I couldn't stand the changes when Alcoa took over. They downsized and took all our manufacturing. Lots of good workers lost their jobs.....so sad!
i love voluntary my serves to the most needed ones
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarendon, QC14 November 2015
Tedious and competitive workplace with supportive management system to work with. There are training seminars to assist with personal and educational growth and development benefits. The most challenging part of the job is being threatened by thieves and unfair persons when I carry out my duties. The most fun aspect of the job is working alongside my co-workers each day, participating in yearly voluntary projects and other developmental activities.
Pros
Health Cards, subsidies for children attending school.
Cons
Personal life at risk while carrying out duties.
Travail Stimulant
Technicien de procédé (Former Employee) –  Deschambault, QC16 May 2015
Autonomie et initiative encouragé.
Environnement de travail sécuritaire.
Protection de l'environnement une priorité
difficult area to work and live but that is the nature of the beast
AREA CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Northern desert in Saudia Arabia7 March 2015
Workdays are long but with nothing else to do in a camp situation long days a re good. I was senior management on site and reported to the project director by eamil and phone as he was located in a different part of the coubtry.
The hardest part of the project was to get various nationalities work work as a coheisive force for the benifit of the project
The most enjoyable part of the project was when we saw it all start to run and trains being loaded with ore.
communication médiocre
poste de Technicien bureau de méthodes (Former Employee) –  Roques, B330 December 2014
bon rapport avec mon chef
aucune opportunité de développement
bonne ambiance
Pros
travail de bureau donc assis
Cons
travail répétitif
Very dynamic workplace
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Choloma, Honduras17 November 2014
Deal with our very demanding customer, as far as quality issues are concern.
Without mistaken Alcoa was the company the I learned the most in all matters.
I did manage over than 1000 associates, with environment heavily involved with environment, heath and safety producers (EHS).
As the fist plant in Honduras like Alcoa, it was challenging to set up and running the productions lines as well the training in all areas in how Alcoa runs its operations and EHS protocols.
The hardest part of the job was the set up of the Safety and Environmental protocols in place for Alcoa and Honduras's regulations.
The must enjoyable part of my job was the job itself and dynamism.
Pros
Safe enviorment workplace
Cons
Very stressful sometimes
A workplace where the learning environment is extremely high.The challenges to excellence is ever present.
Labour/Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Halse Hall Clarendon Jamaica16 July 2014
Alcoa Minerals of Jamaica is a great place to work in terms of the learning opportunities, the company's value of integrity and the collaboration amongst peers.
Productive environment
Metallurgical NDT Quality Inspector Level II (Former Employee) –  Montreal10 April 2014
Challenging workload to complete with no impact on Quality objectives, manufacturing process and requirements reviewed an d optimized. Co-workers and management silos inherent to productivity... but over all camaraderie.
Pros
Leading aerospace casting technologie
Cons
Expectations and futur buisness targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcoa. Our community is ready to answer.