Alcoa Employee Reviews

WELDER (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON16 July 2016
Working at Alcoa was great
I've learned different departments even though my sole job was a welder.

It opened my mind to different careers and helped me to help others

co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. Some of the best people I know still works there

Meeting deadlines was a big factor at Alcoa, so as a team we strived to accomplish this.
i love voluntary my serves to the most needed ones
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarendon, QC14 November 2015
Tedious and competitive workplace with supportive management system to work with. There are training seminars to assist with personal and educational growth and development benefits. The most challenging part of the job is being threatened by thieves and unfair persons when I carry out my duties. The most fun aspect of the job is working alongside my co-workers each day, participating in yearly voluntary projects and other developmental activities.
Pros
Health Cards, subsidies for children attending school.
Cons
Personal life at risk while carrying out duties.
Great
Uploading of data entry (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON3 October 2016
It is a great company to work for and very secure, they are very professional and know what they are doing, they are a company I very much enjoyed working for.
Good Company. Good Benefits
Area Operator (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TX2 March 2016
Low rating for job security because i am currently laid off. Overall the job provided a comfortable living for my family.
alcoa
Foundry Leadhand-operator (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON18 January 2016
Alcoa was good company but unfortunately they have closed .the people are some of the best people I know, management were great. How to work as a team .
Great place to work!
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB, Canada26 January 2016
The management team does a great job of recognizing and rewarding top talent! Highly ethical environment that fosters respect for fellow Alcoans!
difficult area to work and live but that is the nature of the beast
AREA CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Northern desert in Saudia Arabia7 March 2015
Workdays are long but with nothing else to do in a camp situation long days a re good. I was senior management on site and reported to the project director by eamil and phone as he was located in a different part of the coubtry.
The hardest part of the project was to get various nationalities work work as a coheisive force for the benifit of the project
The most enjoyable part of the project was when we saw it all start to run and trains being loaded with ore.
see below
Layout Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 December 2015
I worked there for 37 years when it was called Kawneer Company of Canada and then it I couldn't stand the changes when Alcoa took over. They downsized and took all our manufacturing. Lots of good workers lost their jobs.....so sad!
Productive environment
Metallurgical NDT Quality Inspector Level II (Former Employee) –  Montreal10 April 2014
Challenging workload to complete with no impact on Quality objectives, manufacturing process and requirements reviewed an d optimized. Co-workers and management silos inherent to productivity... but over all camaraderie.
Pros
Leading aerospace casting technologie
Cons
Expectations and futur buisness targets
Very dynamic workplace
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Choloma, Honduras17 November 2014
Deal with our very demanding customer, as far as quality issues are concern.
Without mistaken Alcoa was the company the I learned the most in all matters.
I did manage over than 1000 associates, with environment heavily involved with environment, heath and safety producers (EHS).
As the fist plant in Honduras like Alcoa, it was challenging to set up and running the productions lines as well the training in all areas in how Alcoa runs its operations and EHS protocols.
The hardest part of the job was the set up of the Safety and Environmental protocols in place for Alcoa and Honduras's regulations.
The must enjoyable part of my job was the job itself and dynamism.
Pros
Safe enviorment workplace
Cons
Very stressful sometimes
Diffeent processes from casting / machining and painting.
Quality Auditor / Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain, ON26 September 2012
My duties included maintaining the Quality System. Writing and updating Document and Data Control. I performed Internal Audits to the ISO Standard.
I performed final inspection on the product as well as rework.
Audited Suppliers for compliance to the Quality Standard.
Reinspected finish goods due to a nonconformance.
I enjoyed the different duties as well as the challenges. Each day was always different.
I worked with all levels in the organization.
Pros
learning on a continuous bases.
Cons
sometimes i would start a job and get pulled away for other duties, due to that fact i took some work home on weekends.
Very friendly people and a fast passed working environment.
Mould Assembly Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON14 May 2013
I learned several different tasks within the factory. I was responsible for organizing my time efficiently and effectively to get each task done. I learned to work with different types of people and in different work environments. Overall, my co-workers we fairly friendly. The hardest part of my job was learning to deal with extreme heat and learning all the precautions while trying to work at a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new tasks when work was slow.
Pros
learning new tasks
Cons
hot
A workplace where the learning environment is extremely high.The challenges to excellence is ever present.
Labour/Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Halse Hall Clarendon Jamaica16 July 2014
Alcoa Minerals of Jamaica is a great place to work in terms of the learning opportunities, the company's value of integrity and the collaboration amongst peers.
Casual Work Environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON12 May 2013
Learned to work with a Dyna-Lab System to build a wide variety of wire harnesses for the truck industry.
Pros
Detailed, problem solving, manual dexterity work.
Cons
Contract Work.
Best Employer
Tool & Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON11 December 2012
Productive environment with encouragement to learn and improve skill sets.
Pros
training opportunities
Cons
plant closed
busy European bakery
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2013
waiting tables, preparing meals, taking inventory orders, receiving shipments, closing bakery, working lottery machine, dealing with customer orders and complaints.
Great place to learn.
EDM machine operator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CA23 August 2012
Learned different positions and developed great team work stategies.
Pros
great people
Cons
long hrs not much room to grow
not fun
grinder (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC2 July 2013
nothing to say...Not the most enjoyable place to make friends.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long days
une entreprise qui n’arrête pas grandir et y travailler est une source très attirant pour les autres entreprises
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Donnacona, QC6 September 2016
Pour une emploi étudiante se fut un plaisir de travailler avec eu ainsi le salaire est très bien !
Pros
pause et repas payer
Cons
travailler parfois sous pression
Entreprise Prospère
Coordonnateur de l'Amélioration Continue (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC16 March 2016
Bon contrat à long terme avec Boeing, Airbus et Bombardier. Employés sympathiques et dévoué à la prospérité de l'entreprise. Directeur Général humain et très compétant.