Alcatel

Alcatel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Roll Out Manager (Former Employee), GuayaquilMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: breaks
Monitor project progress and daily
overcome and optimize , solve daily problems
manage project within a given budget
Good team work
make daily goals are met and the manager sastifacer country
the completion of the project in a timely manner
A great place to work where your hard work and efforts were rewarded
Senior Manager, Customer Program Management (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 28, 2014
Again, a great place to build a career. Where hard work and is rewarded with advancement and added responsibility.
product based company and worked with merger programmes
IT Analyst (Former Employee), bangalaoreMay 16, 2014
Pros: free food 2 times a day
Cons: very particular on break hrs management
-> new look on the administration side.
-> definitely follows great discipline at the work place.
MY Present Organization
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), BanagloreMay 15, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no salary increment
Work atmosphere is good
Co- workers are good .
Zero work Incentives .
Hectic Schedule.
I have learned how to handle customers.
RF Planning & Optimization
Engineer (RF Planning & Optimization) (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 10, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
I have 3.5+ years of experience in the field of RF Planning and Optimization. Currently I am employed with Alcatel Lucent Managed Solutions as NPO engineer in National Head Quarters at Mumbai location.
Hands on experience in Huawei, Alcatel & Zte systems. I am having widespread knowledge on various tools of RF Planning and Optimization which includes – more... Huawei tools like M2000, LMT etc.ALU NPO Tool Zte MINOS, Planning Tool ATOL. Automated frequency planning using Optimi xAFP, xACP. In addition to this i worked on other RF related tools like Mapinfo, Google earth, MIPT etc. Drive test tools like NEMO and Post processing of Drive log using Gladiator. – less
Very large company. Working within my group was enjoyable.
SYSTEMS TEST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Westford,MAMay 6, 2014
ALU is very large, but my group was closeknit and have worked together for several years. Management let us do our work and we all responded well to that. Benefits were good, paid time off was very flexible.
Great Learning
Sr. IT Executive (Current Employee), Jaipur, RJApril 25, 2014
It is a vary challenging work you have to work project sites in all weather conditions.
Contractor (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJApril 24, 2014
Pros: worked with different people and learned more from them.
Typical working day includes working directly with clients from various places in the world to assist with break/fix, software/hardware difficulties, printer setup, VPN connection, documentation assistant, LAN/Wireless network troubleshooting and more.
its too good to work in alcatel
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 15, 2014
no typical days and i learned lot of things , and management is good , co-workers are very friendly ..
Talented Researchers
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Murray Hill, NJApril 11, 2014
Wonderful working with researchers from all over the world. My department members and I were like family.
overall good experience
MTS (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 9, 2014
Technical Staff, Wireless Network Feature Test Group 1998-2009
Led and contributed subject matter expertise in all stages of software development life cycle: Proactively reviewed systems engineering requirements; reviewed high and low-level design documents and developed unit test plans.
Great Management
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 6, 2014
ALU offers great mentorship and training opportunities for young professionals.
Excellent environment to hone skills.
Watch Engineer (Current Employee), Murray Hill, NJApril 6, 2014
Pros: 4 days off after schedule rotation
Cons: 24/7 schedule rotations, split days off
No day is routine. 24 hour shift coverage is challenging but has its advantages.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Istanbul, TurkeyMarch 31, 2014
Productive and useful summer intern, provide all necessary information to the trainees
factory-like company.
Electronic Testing Technician (Former Employee), Rieti, Italy.March 28, 2014
- 8 work-hours on a Computer controlled Toshiba multi test machine.

- I learnd alot about new and dvanced electronic systems.

- Co-workers were nice and funny.

- the hardest part of the job was working all the day long on a computer.

- the most enjoyable part of the job was fixing the electronic devices.
Hard work place
Integration Drive Test Team Leader (Former Employee), CairoMarch 18, 2014
Cons: working long hours without sleeping & sometimes working days without sleeping
As a drive tester I don't need to go to the company everyday, I stay home on call so whenever the call comes, I call the company driver & the technical so that we all meet & go to work any place in the country & any city, so if we are traveling to another city we take our bags with us, if we are working in the same city then we go to work & return home. – more... We travel hours by car to the site we are going to work at, I let the technical climb up the tower to check the azimuths & tilts of the antennas & the cables, I call the supervision to open the site so I can frequencies of the site if there's interference or not & the calls on each frequency then we make drive test around the site in the areas where the site should cover to check the level of the signal & quality also to check if there's cross sector or cross feeder or not, if the site is working good I send approval to the team leader if not we solve the problem till the site is accepted. As Team leader I go to the company 2 or 3 times a week & manage the teams which work in the field by phone from home, when I get the order from the operator I call the engineers to give them the order & send them pdf of the site & the location of the site in it, if they face any problem in the site they call me & i give them solutions if there's severe problem I call the operator to solve the problem so that the team can continue working & accept the site.
I learned from the company how to manage teams, how to work under pressure, how to cooperate with my team & managers.
I managed to make friends out of my co-workers we became close friends, help each other in work & things.
The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling as I used to travel to all cities in Egypt see places I didn't see before, although it was touch but I like to travel. – less
Alcatel is a good compnay to work for if given the opportunity
Customer Technical Advocate/Engineer (Current Employee), Plano, TX.March 14, 2014
Pros: technology company
Cons: no job security
I recommend the company to anyone looking for work it's a good company if you can find the right fit based upon your skill set.
processed employee data/changes for North America and Canada
Generalist (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flexability in hours including working virtual
Cons: little to none opportunities for advancement
Maintain employee records, work with managers, business partners, compensation, directors, and VP's for Global company.

enter promotions,salary increases, bonus, awards, job codes, business titles, sales payments, collect I9's from new hires.

I enjoy working with people both internal customers and HR co-workers.

Meeting critical payroll deadlines – more... in fast paced environment to meet employee expectations. – less
one of the worst company i have worked for
Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: nothing at all
Cons: filthy language, start company mode of operation, one of the worst company, employees have bad manners.
The company name is MOTIVE . It was acquired by Alcatel-Lucent, the Motive office in Austin Texas.
One of the worst companies you can work.
Culture is at its worst. Most of the managers and employees use filthy language on the Job.
Motive was a start up company and they still operate in that mode.
No good process and tools at all.
Never ever consider – more... working for this company and if you do you will regret it. good by Motive! – less
Tech Support
Tech support (Former Employee), NoidaMarch 5, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: 1 hour
It was day shift job,there i was resolved the issue over phone related to internet.

About Alcatel

Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, – Read more

Alcatel Photos