Alcatel

everything well managed
everyday is fun
Good with the Bad
Technology Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: low morale, no concern for work/life balance, management thought process is outdated, too many lifers/not enough young minds, little innovation taking place
The earlier days of Lucent and then the merger times were okay. Post merger into the 2010 time frame + totally sucked. After spending 10+ years there I had the opportunity to see a constant decline in staff, morale and innovative thinking.
Porductive and fun
Senior Scientist (Former Employee), Claremont, NCSeptember 24, 2014
It was an interesting and challenging job. Good compensation, nice people
Good Workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 23, 2014
Good workplace for freshers to work as interns. Its fun working in this company you get to learn a lot about various services that they provide and how they approach to setting up an particular service to a particular customer with optimum utilization of resources.
Very good company for aspiring engineers
Team Leader (Former Employee), Whippany, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Lots of technical roads to choose for, Alcatel/Lucent provides one of the best work environment I've seen in my career.
Good place to work.
Associate technical support engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: overtime will be given for our work.
Cons: nothing to say in cons
a good place to work and employees will be respected by their concern team heads. we have fun with our co workers since we dont have any hardest day in our job.
I did my internship, good place to learn and work.
Network Engineer Co-op, IPD Team (Former Employee), Westford, MASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: work and experience
Cons: office with no cafeteria and was half empty and scary
I worked in Westford office, since downsize took place in that office, office was empty, though work was good, the environment seemed lonely and couldnt enjoy the work as a team.
good benefits, room for advancement, loyal staff
Supervisor (Former Employee), Andover, MASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent employee recogniton, above average compensation
Learned many things while working for this company, started as a production associate , advanced through the years to a transportation associate and then to a supervisory program and promotion to supervisor in 1995.Management was very helpful with mentoring and women had good support from their peers in management. .

The hardest part of the job was – more... not always being able to spend enough time one on one with employees. There was time for large group meetings but not always the informal chat.

The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing our goals as a team and being recognized by management in that manner. – less
good to work here
Site Design Professional (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi , Sky towerSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good
its a multinational , i have experiance in Alcatel-lucent for 3 years ,
in Pakistan ALcatel-lucent office ,
then in Qatar and now in abudahbi ,
flexible ,Project oriented
alcatel lucent
regional business development manager (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 8, 2014
good place to work.
sole "hick" forget promotion.
becaue of its XXL exposure, descison cycle is killing the motivation.
dont try to be creative and just follow the process.
Good workplace
SAP SD/MM (Former Employee), Strasbourg - FranceSeptember 5, 2014
Nice team,
Interesting work
Too much administrative procedures.
Lot of projects.
Good place with sport area.
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: night shift
Alcatel Lucent 7750's and 7705's. Cisco routers 6900. MPR, CNM 8000, SAM 5620. IPSEC, Ethernet, Frame Relay. maintenance, troubleshooting, administration.
National Coordinator-Operations
Logistics Executive (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRAugust 28, 2014
Pivotal in handling 6 major customers such as Bharti Airtel Ltd., Vodafone, Reliance Telecom, Nortel Telecom and Idea Mobile Network.
 Instrumental in interacting with CHA for export and import documentation & timely clearance of consignments from customs.
 Coordinated with multiple agencies at single point of time and regularly followed up with Vendors, – more... Global Team, Freight Forwarders, Project Team Engineers, etc. for the smooth running of the business. – less
Close Knit Work Environment, Small Office
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Accra, GhanaAugust 25, 2014
Pros: strong cohesion and understanding within the business unit
Cons: limited opportunity for growth due to reduction of nation wide contracts
Alcatel-Lucent is one of the largest equipment vendors in the Telecom industry. The company had a stable presence during my time there but lost out on contracts that resulted in a limit to the amount of work available.

Half of the workers were from French speaking countries and this offered me the opportunity to improve my proficiency in the language.

I – more... gained an invaluable understanding of Logistics and how to plan, track and manage human resources and equipment. This allowed me to grow as a leader and equip myself with the tools I needed to become an effective project Manager. – less
One of the best Multinational company
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Islamabad and Karachi, PakistanAugust 22, 2014
Provides great learning platform for fresh graduates in IT and Telecom field.
Work culture is very good
Provisioning Engineer (Current Employee), MumbaiAugust 20, 2014
Everyday there is new challanges regarding network as we also do troubleshooting on customer issue

Very healthy environmnet in our team.
Good work place
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee), SwindonAugust 19, 2014
Great company
Great colleagues
Great work
Cutting edge technology
Good office
Free drink
Overall below average
Senior Manager-Bell Labs Research and IPS CFO (Current Employee), Murray Hill, New JerseyAugust 16, 2014
There are good points and bad points. My direct manager is wonderful. There is a good balance between job work and family issues. The job security is very poor whereas they are outsourcing a significant piece of the finance group.
I left with a generous buy-out offer
SCST- Senior Communications Systems Technician (Former Employee), customer premisesAugust 13, 2014
Pros: best job ever, hard to leave.
Cons: long hours and long stays away from home
As technologies changed, my training was updated. I was never layed off in 27yrs. Our union CWA, never had a strike.
Overall work environment was good
Construction / Quality Assurances Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2014
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: slow on information
Good hours, low stress, telecommunicating from home all Pros for this company

About Alcatel

Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, – Read more

Alcatel Photos