Alcatel

Alcatel Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very friendly work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2013
While working ALU team, i have enhanced my managerial and technical skills.
Fun workplace
Junior Hardware Optical designer (Current Employee), OttawaJanuary 7, 2013
The optics team at Alcatel Lucent are very friendly and always trying to help.
I have learned alot about optics and testing boards.
Good company to work for
Order Administration Coordinator II (Current Employee), Kanata, ONDecember 3, 2012
Pros: 37.5 hour work week
Cons: short lunches
Its busy, stressful and truly rewarding work. Everyone helps each other and not one day goes by that you learn something new. Love the fast pace, team work that happens day in and day out
Fun place to work, great people
Human Resource Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa,ONNovember 14, 2012
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: long hours
My manager is amazing always has an open door, we work as a team in one office.

We are a Service Center that deals with all aspects of HR including;

Benefits, Compensation,Job Data, Pension, and Stock options.
Productive workplace
Finance-Sales Administration (Former Employee), Kanata, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: dragonwaves social committee held frequent activities for all employees to participate in.
A typical day at work is liasing with the sales executives,and logistics teams ensuring all purchase orders received met the contractual obligations between the company and the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and recongition of a job well done.
I learned that my extensive background in Sales Administration helped the company improve and benefit from my input on how to improve in the automation of processes for a faster turn around time in sales orders from the time the PO was received to the customer receiving product.
Great people work there
Integrated Design Test Environment Developer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 18, 2012
The strength of this company is its outstanding workforce.
Very repetitive work environment
Order Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: repetitive work
A typical day at work would consist of get sales orders from the management team to process into a system called SAP. However the sales orders are the same type of orders because our account is Sprint (telecommunications company) and they want a lot of the same work done in several areas in the United States. So because of that our work is very repetitive. I've learned how to use SAP and how to work in the corporate culture. My co-workers are awesome, we get along very well and I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is when our lunch comes, because the co-workers and myself get to laugh and talk about things not related to work. There isn't a lot of movement within this department, therefore it's a very entry level kind of job.
Technical skills
Functional Test Engineer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONApril 22, 2012
My first new grad job, Experience in C/C++, Technical documents preparing, touble shooting with hardware and software.
Good place to work at. On site gym, cafeteria, Tim Hortons. Job security and internal opportunities.
IPD Hardware Designer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 15, 2012
pas mal
Engineer Consultant/Support 3G (Former Employee), Villarceaux, A8August 12, 2013
environnement assez agréable, beaucoup de mission à l'international

About Alcatel

Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, – Read more

Alcatel Photos