Alcatel

Alcatel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place for activities
Transmission Engineer - UNOC Manesar (Current Employee), Manesar, Gurgaon, IndiaDecember 9, 2012
Pros: only knowledge gain option
Cons: isolaton from the city, no restraunts/ break-out area near the premises
The overall experience is good as we have a multi vendors in our network. Each day I learn something new from the network. All the colleagues are supportive. Management is sometime harsh over the work completion, yet the work is done in time. Isolation of the of the workplace from the city. No stalls/ facility of snacks near the premises.
Good company to work for
Order Administration Coordinator II (Current Employee), Kanata, ONDecember 3, 2012
Pros: 37.5 hour work week
Cons: short lunches
Its busy, stressful and truly rewarding work. Everyone helps each other and not one day goes by that you learn something new. Love the fast pace, team work that happens day in and day out
Fun place to work, great people
Human Resource Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa,ONNovember 14, 2012
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: long hours
My manager is amazing always has an open door, we work as a team in one office.

We are a Service Center that deals with all aspects of HR including;

Benefits, Compensation,Job Data, Pension, and Stock options.
Productive workplace
Finance-Sales Administration (Former Employee), Kanata, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: dragonwaves social committee held frequent activities for all employees to participate in.
A typical day at work is liasing with the sales executives,and logistics teams ensuring all purchase orders received met the contractual obligations between the company and the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and recongition of a job well done.
I learned that my extensive background in Sales Administration helped – more... the company improve and benefit from my input on how to improve in the automation of processes for a faster turn around time in sales orders from the time the PO was received to the customer receiving product. – less
Great people work there
Integrated Design Test Environment Developer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 18, 2012
The strength of this company is its outstanding workforce.
It is good place to show your abilities and get appreciated
Project Financial Controller (Current Employee), Abu DhabiAugust 30, 2012
The company has multicultural environment where you got chance to interact with different custom and get opportunity to harmonize yourself in global village
Very repetitive work environment
Order Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: repetitive work
A typical day at work would consist of get sales orders from the management team to process into a system called SAP. However the sales orders are the same type of orders because our account is Sprint (telecommunications company) and they want a lot of the same work done in several areas in the United States. So because of that our work is very repetitive. – more... I've learned how to use SAP and how to work in the corporate culture. My co-workers are awesome, we get along very well and I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is when our lunch comes, because the co-workers and myself get to laugh and talk about things not related to work. There isn't a lot of movement within this department, therefore it's a very entry level kind of job. – less
Alcatel-Lucent
AT&T Level 3 CO Installer (Current Employee), Monroe, MIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: been here 4 years
Cons: getting laid off soon
Good company getting ready to down size. Looking to stay in the telecom industry. I was told I'm getting laid off soon so I'm looking for a new job.

Central office/Cell Site Installation technician.
A great international telecommunications company but undergoing dramatic internal changes.
Solutions Architect - Global Deployment Expert (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: leading edge telecommunications equipment provider with strategic counseling.
Cons: misaligned internally
The most exciting piece of this position was being able to work internationally whilst being based in the U.S.

Typical project deployments could send you working with teams all of the world while at the same time also being a 'solution' to a leading edge technological problem here in the U.S.
Flexibility
Program Evaluation Lead/Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 28, 2014
Flexibility for women
Easy working hours
Good Management
Extra curricular activities
Understanding Manager
Managed installation project valued in the million of dollars
Project Installation Manger (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: excellents benefits
Cons: 98% travel
Outstanding company. To bad they terminated the installation division
fun at work place
Asst manager-Transmission (Current Employee), Brahmapur, ORJune 12, 2014
Pros: oppertunity to study
Cons: less salary, no increament
On basis of salary,company is not so worth.managers are not coperative.
A good place to work for (starting around 2016)
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: telecommuting, work/life balance
Cons: everything else
I came into Alcatel-Lucent when the company was struggling financially. Once we gained a new CEO, confidence in the company surged and I believed everything would be better.

Long story short, because of ALU's soaring costs, the company has suspended raises (even with promotions), given bonuses very sparingly, and reduced benefits (including 401k compensation). – more... This results in overworked and underpaid employees, which dampens company morale and makes the workplace strained.

I do believe the company's cost-cutting measures will result in the ultimate turnaround and ALU will be a successful company: however, that will take a couple of years. The company needs to (and eventually will) learn how to treat its employees better as many left the confusing re-organization structure for better opportunities (myself included).

The company supports telecommuting and working at home which is very helpful for those who would have a long commute or need a flexible schedule for family arrangements. – less
Originally a start up company (Xylan) bought by Alcatel. Great learning experience
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst/Administrator (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Exciting company, originally a start up (Xylan Corp). Great benefits
Great work environment and new challenges everyday.
Communications Service Installer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: traveling and compensation.
Cons: being on call sometimes.
Always a new challenge and change of scenery working in the field. Management were great with communication and coworkers were very supportive of each other. Sometimes on call, but traveling was enjoyable.
good
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), ChennaiJune 6, 2014
Salary is only concern for old employees ,, because while hiring new employees they are given very good hike but employee who has been working for long term not getting good hike.

Very good comfortable zone to work with peoples.
Good company to work
Customer Care Coordinator / Training Analyst (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the unknown future - constant downsizing
ALU objectives are in the best interest of the business and it's customers. ALU is hard pressed to satisfy and rebuild it's reputation as a leading communications company. In doing so very flexible in supporting their employees hours and life outside of ALU with many opportunities to work onsite as well as remote. Happy employees makes productive employees.
productive
Roll Out Manager (Former Employee), GuayaquilMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: breaks
Monitor project progress and daily
overcome and optimize , solve daily problems
manage project within a given budget
Good team work
make daily goals are met and the manager sastifacer country
the completion of the project in a timely manner
A great place to work where your hard work and efforts were rewarded
Senior Manager, Customer Program Management (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 28, 2014
Again, a great place to build a career. Where hard work and is rewarded with advancement and added responsibility.
product based company and worked with merger programmes
IT Analyst (Former Employee), bangalaoreMay 16, 2014
Pros: free food 2 times a day
Cons: very particular on break hrs management
-> new look on the administration side.
-> definitely follows great discipline at the work place.

About Alcatel

Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, – Read more

Alcatel Photos