Alcatel

Alcatel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very repetitive work environment
Order Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: repetitive work
A typical day at work would consist of get sales orders from the management team to process into a system called SAP. However the sales orders are the same type of orders because our account is Sprint (telecommunications company) and they want a lot of the same work done in several areas in the United States. So because of that our work is very repetitive. – more... I've learned how to use SAP and how to work in the corporate culture. My co-workers are awesome, we get along very well and I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is when our lunch comes, because the co-workers and myself get to laugh and talk about things not related to work. There isn't a lot of movement within this department, therefore it's a very entry level kind of job. – less
Technical skills
Functional Test Engineer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONApril 22, 2012
My first new grad job, Experience in C/C++, Technical documents preparing, touble shooting with hardware and software.
Good place to work at. On site gym, cafeteria, Tim Hortons. Job security and internal opportunities.
IPD Hardware Designer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 15, 2012
Work culture is very good
Provisioning Engineer (Current Employee), MumbaiAugust 20, 2014
Everyday there is new challanges regarding network as we also do troubleshooting on customer issue

Very healthy environmnet in our team.
Good work place
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee), SwindonAugust 19, 2014
Great company
Great colleagues
Great work
Cutting edge technology
Good office
Free drink
Overall below average
Senior Manager-Bell Labs Research and IPS CFO (Current Employee), Murray Hill, New JerseyAugust 16, 2014
There are good points and bad points. My direct manager is wonderful. There is a good balance between job work and family issues. The job security is very poor whereas they are outsourcing a significant piece of the finance group.
I left with a generous buy-out offer
SCST- Senior Communications Systems Technician (Former Employee), customer premisesAugust 13, 2014
Pros: best job ever, hard to leave.
Cons: long hours and long stays away from home
As technologies changed, my training was updated. I was never layed off in 27yrs. Our union CWA, never had a strike.
Overall work environment was good
Construction / Quality Assurances Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2014
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: slow on information
Good hours, low stress, telecommunicating from home all Pros for this company
Associate RF Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2014
• 5+ Experience in the field of UMTS/LTE network Optimization and testing.
• Experience in Modem (Voice, Data and Concurrency), Connectivity (WLAN and Bluetooth) and Concurrency testing in baseband processors.
• Experience in debugging and troubleshooting of Android and Windows platforms.
• Experience in 1x, EVDO and LTE protocols and regression and – more... stress testing
• Experience working with Actix spotlight. Analysis of coverage, pilot pollution, missing neighbor and event explorer.
• Good understanding of KPI in cluster and market acceptance both in loaded and unloaded configurations. – less
Sales Leader, Ghana & Key Account Manager (KAM) (Current Employee), AccraAugust 5, 2014
Interesting experience in managing customers from the Board level to middle-level and low-level management.
A good place to work
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 3, 2014
Cool place
service provider networking technologies
Good management
excellent guys
shift job
Fun Work Place
Fault Rectification Engineer - Access (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 30, 2014
Cons: night shift
What is Network & how Mobile Network Work i learn in this Job. co-workers are very help ful.
Software Testing
Software Development Engineer IV (Former Employee), Plano TexasJuly 29, 2014
Alcatel was a good place to learn about telephony and protocol testing.
Decent place to work if you are young.
Telecommunications Network Architect/Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2014
Pros: pay & benefits
Cons: overexpectations of upper management
Often high stress levels, short due dates. Constantly pushing training even if that training doesn't apply to your job requirements. Great co-workers and immediate management, but upper management was overbearing.
great company with good pay
Telecom Implementation Supervisor (Former Employee), Doha, QatarJuly 14, 2014
having worked as a consultant for several project i can say that working with them is financially good, pay rates is good.
Alcatel-Lucent
AT&T Level 3 CO Installer (Current Employee), Monroe, MIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: been here 4 years
Cons: getting laid off soon
Good company getting ready to down size. Looking to stay in the telecom industry. I was told I'm getting laid off soon so I'm looking for a new job.

Central office/Cell Site Installation technician.
A great international telecommunications company but undergoing dramatic internal changes.
Solutions Architect - Global Deployment Expert (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: leading edge telecommunications equipment provider with strategic counseling.
Cons: misaligned internally
The most exciting piece of this position was being able to work internationally whilst being based in the U.S.

Typical project deployments could send you working with teams all of the world while at the same time also being a 'solution' to a leading edge technological problem here in the U.S.
Flexibility
Program Evaluation Lead/Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 28, 2014
Flexibility for women
Easy working hours
Good Management
Extra curricular activities
Understanding Manager
Managed installation project valued in the million of dollars
Project Installation Manger (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: excellents benefits
Cons: 98% travel
Outstanding company. To bad they terminated the installation division
fun at work place
Asst manager-Transmission (Current Employee), Brahmapur, ORJune 12, 2014
Pros: oppertunity to study
Cons: less salary, no increament
On basis of salary,company is not so worth.managers are not coperative.

About Alcatel

Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, – Read more

Alcatel Photos