Alcatel

Alcatel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very repetitive work environment
Order Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: repetitive work
A typical day at work would consist of get sales orders from the management team to process into a system called SAP. However the sales orders are the same type of orders because our account is Sprint (telecommunications company) and they want a lot of the same work done in several areas in the United States. So because of that our work is very repetitive. – more... I've learned how to use SAP and how to work in the corporate culture. My co-workers are awesome, we get along very well and I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is when our lunch comes, because the co-workers and myself get to laugh and talk about things not related to work. There isn't a lot of movement within this department, therefore it's a very entry level kind of job. – less
Technical skills
Functional Test Engineer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONApril 22, 2012
My first new grad job, Experience in C/C++, Technical documents preparing, touble shooting with hardware and software.
Good place to work at. On site gym, cafeteria, Tim Hortons. Job security and internal opportunities.
IPD Hardware Designer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 15, 2012
good company to work in.
Test Manager (Former Employee), ChinaOctober 17, 2014
Pros: good team work and culture.
Cons: the company itself doesn't doing well.
Typical large company to work in. Good team work and culture.
Alcatel-Lucent is great company to work for
SAP Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 15, 2014
A global leader in telecommunication and working for this company has given me more opportunity to learn and grow as a person.

The knowledge that I have gain from people that I have worked with over the years has meant more to me then anything I could have learn in a classroom.
Decent place to work
Prototype / Reworker Assembler (Former Employee), Westford, MAOctober 9, 2014
It was interesting working there. Did many different jobs, repair, inventory, ordering parts etc. The co-workers were great to work with. We were a small group so we worked together.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get replacement parts for board repairs. Many of the parts were obsolete.
My favorite part of the job was doing board repairs – more... and updates and working with the engineers. – less
Good Company
Process / Voice Coach (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 8, 2014
Learnt a lot. Amazing work culture. Employee Friendly. Process oriented. Management was good.
Good company
Global Telecom Thermal Commodity Manager (Current Employee), murray hill NJOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: too many issues
good to work for and management is laid back but sometimes not well structures.
great company
everything well managed
everyday is fun
Good with the Bad
Technology Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: low morale, no concern for work/life balance, management thought process is outdated, too many lifers/not enough young minds, little innovation taking place
The earlier days of Lucent and then the merger times were okay. Post merger into the 2010 time frame + totally sucked. After spending 10+ years there I had the opportunity to see a constant decline in staff, morale and innovative thinking.
Porductive and fun
Senior Scientist (Former Employee), Claremont, NCSeptember 24, 2014
It was an interesting and challenging job. Good compensation, nice people
Good Workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 23, 2014
Good workplace for freshers to work as interns. Its fun working in this company you get to learn a lot about various services that they provide and how they approach to setting up an particular service to a particular customer with optimum utilization of resources.
Very good company for aspiring engineers
Team Leader (Former Employee), Whippany, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Lots of technical roads to choose for, Alcatel/Lucent provides one of the best work environment I've seen in my career.
Good place to work.
Associate technical support engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: overtime will be given for our work.
Cons: nothing to say in cons
a good place to work and employees will be respected by their concern team heads. we have fun with our co workers since we dont have any hardest day in our job.
I did my internship, good place to learn and work.
Network Engineer Co-op, IPD Team (Former Employee), Westford, MASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: work and experience
Cons: office with no cafeteria and was half empty and scary
I worked in Westford office, since downsize took place in that office, office was empty, though work was good, the environment seemed lonely and couldnt enjoy the work as a team.
good benefits, room for advancement, loyal staff
Supervisor (Former Employee), Andover, MASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent employee recogniton, above average compensation
Learned many things while working for this company, started as a production associate , advanced through the years to a transportation associate and then to a supervisory program and promotion to supervisor in 1995.Management was very helpful with mentoring and women had good support from their peers in management. .

The hardest part of the job was – more... not always being able to spend enough time one on one with employees. There was time for large group meetings but not always the informal chat.

The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing our goals as a team and being recognized by management in that manner. – less
good to work here
Site Design Professional (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi , Sky towerSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: good
its a multinational , i have experiance in Alcatel-lucent for 3 years ,
in Pakistan ALcatel-lucent office ,
then in Qatar and now in abudahbi ,
flexible ,Project oriented
alcatel lucent
regional business development manager (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 8, 2014
good place to work.
sole "hick" forget promotion.
becaue of its XXL exposure, descison cycle is killing the motivation.
dont try to be creative and just follow the process.
Good workplace
SAP SD/MM (Former Employee), Strasbourg - FranceSeptember 5, 2014
Nice team,
Interesting work
Too much administrative procedures.
Lot of projects.
Good place with sport area.
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: night shift
Alcatel Lucent 7750's and 7705's. Cisco routers 6900. MPR, CNM 8000, SAM 5620. IPSEC, Ethernet, Frame Relay. maintenance, troubleshooting, administration.

About Alcatel

Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, – Read more

Alcatel Photos