Alcatel Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
Vice President (Former Employee), APACAugust 8, 2015
It is a glorious company with honorable history and unique culture of growing business and at the same time making a lot of efforts to develop employee's career. Most of the executives are visionary, open-minded and well-trained in management skills.
Good oppertunity to grow technically because that is the only growth you get here
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Freindly work envioronment.
Cons: low pay & no salary growth. Salaries not in sync with market average.
Only growth possible is technical. If you get really good at your work you will be rewarded with more work . Keep on changing roles internally. It used to be difficult to change roles but not any more.
Great workplace
Process and Application Deployment Sr. Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 1, 2016
Very balance company with clear vision and diversity.

Management allows employees to take initiative and implement ideas.
Fun place to work
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: Time to research and study
Cons: Low salary
Fun place to work, work and personal life balance,
quiet work environment, no stress , job security,
no work pressure, have access to a good gym
Awesome place to do a internship with ample support from within the team and outside the team
Service Portal System Tester, Intern (Former Employee), Kanata, ONFebruary 2, 2016
1) Great place to work for as an intern with wide exposer in both technical and non technical side.
2) Great support from team mates in understand the project
3) Good to increase your knowledge in networking side.
Helped engineer to solve customers’ issues
global technical support (Former Employee), 600 march rd, ottawa, ONMarch 7, 2016
Setup and configured network devices in a lab
Compared and analyzed Tec-support files of device to find the root cause of issue
Provide solutions and suggestions to the customers about their issues
n/a______________________________________________________________
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJanuary 18, 2016
• Worked with customers on daily basis
• Setup and maintained laptop, tablets, cell phones, hardware and software
• Replaced laptop screens, motherboards, CPU’s, hard drives and other components
• Troubleshooting of electronic components
• Ordered replacement parts from suppliers
Great work-life balance
Small Cell Design Engineer (Current Employee), St. John's NL (work from home)September 1, 2015
The work-from-home culture is a huge plus. You get to work with a group of people that are immensely talented, and there is a wealth of information and expertise to tap into
Nice to work on hot technologies
Senior Datapath Designer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Work/Life Balance, Self Managed
Cons: none
Its a great place to work if you are interested in cutting edge technologies.Complete independence and self managed environment.
excellent work place
Software Developer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 12, 2015
excellent work place
very dynamic
a lot of meetings
a lot of software updates daily
opportunity to learn,
teamwork-oriented environment
Flexible work environment
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: fun environment and flexibility depends on the department.
Cons: lack of awards and appreciation. freeze salary
The flexibility is great. The self leaning is possible but not through instructor. Upper Management is poor on decision making for the road map of the product, ended up with layoffs.
A good telecom company
Senior S/W Designer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Alcatel-Lucent is a good company with long history. My colleagues are nice. But like other big company, the process is slow and sometime not very clear.
Very repetitive work environment
Order Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Kanata, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: repetitive work
A typical day at work would consist of get sales orders from the management team to process into a system called SAP. However the sales orders are the same type of orders because our account is Sprint (telecommunications company) and they want a lot of the same work done in several areas in the United States. So because of that our work is very repetitive. I've learned how to use SAP and how to work in the corporate culture. My co-workers are awesome, we get along very well and I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is when our lunch comes, because the co-workers and myself get to laugh and talk about things not related to work. There isn't a lot of movement within this department, therefore it's a very entry level kind of job.
productive and skilled working in teleworking
Software Customer Application Engineer (OSS) (Current Employee), lebanonNovember 20, 2014
Working in alcatel lucent for 9 years gave me dedication to job market in telecomunication industry. Alcatel gave me a great experience with multicultural customer in the globe. as a daily work with Alcatel provided great deal of experience in dedication and high deal of performance and integration management. I learned to be a proffessional in OSS integtration, system and network administration, training big amount of resources, and customer experience. Co-workers has a sense of great deal of communication, and cooperation. The enjoyable thing about my work in alcatel is the high performance and motivation.
Company culture and work balance
IP ARCHITECT (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 9, 2015
good work and life balance, and pretty good culture environment.

Overall, it is good company and has good benefit policy
Great
IP CSS Remote Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Network SupportApril 5, 2014
Great work/life balance, competitive benefits. Great learning environment, friendly coworkers, only thing is that it is hard to get higher salary.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Sales Administration Coordinator level 4 (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: great team experience and free team building events.
Cons: quarter ends had long hours.
My typical day at work was to review stats, to ensure that we would meet our one time deliveries. Help team members with the portfolio's and projects that the were working on to ensure that the customer would receive their material on time. Assist with high profile conference calls to help set up projects and resolve any issues that we might have. Example shortages, equipment failure etc. The hardest part of the job is for me was putting the job down and going home, especially if we had issues with a project. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the people at Alcatel and help accomplishing the task at hand.
Fun place to work, great people
Human Resource Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa,ONNovember 14, 2012
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: long hours
My manager is amazing always has an open door, we work as a team in one office.

We are a Service Center that deals with all aspects of HR including;

Benefits, Compensation,Job Data, Pension, and Stock options.
Productive workplace
Finance-Sales Administration (Former Employee), Kanata, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: dragonwaves social committee held frequent activities for all employees to participate in.
A typical day at work is liasing with the sales executives,and logistics teams ensuring all purchase orders received met the contractual obligations between the company and the customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was customer satisfaction and recongition of a job well done.
I learned that my extensive background in Sales Administration helped the company improve and benefit from my input on how to improve in the automation of processes for a faster turn around time in sales orders from the time the PO was received to the customer receiving product.
no enough product delivery ability
prime of UMTS RNC UPlane (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 6, 2015
no enough funds
no enough product delivery ability with bad management
usually delay release