Alberta Schools’ Athletic Association (ASAA)
Assistant Director, Provincial Championships
The ASAA is inviting applications for the position of Assistant Director, Provincial Championships. This is a full time position (covering a maternity leave) will be located in Edmonton, Alberta and is intended to start mid to late February 2013 and run through to end of May 2014.
The ASAA is the governing body for high school sport in Alberta, administering provincial championships in 12 sports for approximately 370 member schools. In addition to overseeing schools coordinating 30 championships, the ASAA coordinates initiatives aimed at enhancing not only the school sport experience but also provides administrative assistance to school athletic directors and coaches.
This position is primarily one that provides assistance to the ASAA’s member schools and provincial championship hosts.
The Assistant Director, Provincial Championships will:
- Provide assistance as the major ASAA liaison to provincial host committees, provincial sport commissioners and officials associations in a number of the ASAA’s high school sports
- Maintain and update Association website
- Oversee online registrations
- Assist with the annual update of publications and championship items (policy handbook, calendar, directory, yearbook, newsletters, scorepads, banners, etc.)
- Be the association’s point person for media relations and promotion
- Represent the Association at various events/presentations as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer) and Adobe Programs (Contribute, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Ability to manage and prioritize a number of tasks at one time
- Degree or diploma in sport administration, business, education or related field
- Preferred: knowledge of the school sport system in Alberta and general understanding and passion for sports.
Salary range: $45,000 - $50,000
Qualified applicants are invited to express their interest by sending letter of application and resume via email only by February 4, 2013 to:
John Paton, Executive Director
Alberta Schools’ Athletic Association
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6
Fax: (780) 415-1833
Thank you, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Indeed - 14 months ago