Alberta School of Business - MBA Office
Competition No. - S103021798
Closing Date - Nov 21, 2013
Hourly Range - $22.59 to $30.25 per hr
Grade - 06
Hours - 17.5 per wk
This position is located in Calgary, Alberta and has an expected end date of March 31, 2014.
The Alberta School of Business is the first and longest continually accredited business school in Canada, with a number of executive programs and courses hosted at the University of Alberta Calgary Centre. The Alberta School of Business holds the mission to excel and lead through research, teaching and external engagement with a vision to develop leaders from Alberta for the world.
Reporting to the Director, Recruitment and Academic Services, MBA Office, this position provides administrative support for the Masters of Financial Management program at the University of Alberta Calgary Centre. When courses are in session, the incumbent will be expected to attend the office for extended hours. This is a part time position working 2.5 days per week. Overtime, evening and weekend work is required. All hours exceeding 8 hours in a day will be paid overtime rates. Courses are delivered every other weekend with classes all day Friday and Saturday. There are many opportunities for training and advancement to learn within a dynamic, international business market.
- Administrative assistance with classes, forums and events: arranges catering, coordinates with vendors, assists with room set-up and tear-down
- Cultivates relationships with, and supports, clients, instructors and guest speakers
- Prepares and distributes course materials
- Coordinates travel and accommodation arrangements for instructors
- Cultivates relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Provides reception duties
- Maintains and orders office supplies
- Post-secondary diploma in office administration preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years related office experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive documents and tasks within a complex work environment
- Self-motivated and independent
- Ability to process numerical calculations (e.g. Grade Point Average)
- Computer proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) and experience with enterprise wide databases such as PeopleSoft OASIS preferred
The Alberta School of Business is the first and longest continually accredited business school in Canada, with a number of executive...