Digital Communications Associate
Alberta School of Business - External Relations
Competition No. - S103023115
Posting Date - Mar 21, 2014
Closing Date - Apr 02, 2014
Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded
Salary Range - $49,195 to $66,816 per year
Grade - 08
Hours - 35
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing & Communications, the Digital Communications Associate engages our stakeholders while providing message-rich content in keeping with the Alberta School of Business strategic communications plans.
The Alberta School of Business is one of the world’s leading institutions in business education and research. Our vision is Leaders from Alberta for the World. Our mission is to excel and lead through research, teaching and external engagement. We are one of the largest business schools in Canada. For more information about the School please visit our web site at www.business.ualberta.ca.
- Interacts daily with our audiences via the social media accounts to include: moderating, posting, tracking social media metrics, and responding via social media or traditional (email, phone) methods
- Creates and maintains a coordinated production schedule of content and information for our social media communities and liaising with Central’s production schedule and priorities
- Guides the development of new digital communications initiatives
- Executes a broad range of communications duties, including writing and editing news and feature stories, e-newsletters, and communications plans for social media
- Advises on best web communication practices: how to write and organize contents, creates concepts and monitors contents for quality and usability
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders such as university students, alumni and donor members of social networks, faculty, staff and our community
- Interviews key members of the School community for various social media campaigns
- Collaborates and coordinates with other communicators’ social media campaigns around University-wide and School-specific events and conferences
- Creates and reports on consolidated social media metrics for the School
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or a related field preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum five years experience leading online/Web community engagement initiatives, including bringing digital campaigns to life using emerging new media
- Minimum three years of public relations or broad communications experience, including writing different types of materials for different audiences, media relations, and event management
- Superior writing, interviewing skills and sound editorial judgment
- Exceptional track record for developing and implementing social media strategies
- Proven track record in strategic expansion of social media beyond simply using Facebook and Twitter
- Deep familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Tumblr, Blogger, and Foursquare interfaces
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suites: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, etc.
- Experience in video editing or working with a video editor
- Understanding of Google Analytics and the ability to set up custom reports
Please apply online via http://careers.ualberta.ca/Competition/S103023115/
Indeed - 12 months ago