Alberta Safety & Environmental (ASE) Services is a fully integrated and growing environmental health, safety and hygiene company specializing in the field of hazardous materials Headquartered in Calgary, with offices in Edmonton and Lethbridge, ASE Services’ highly trained, industry experienced safety consultants will identify all hazardous building material concerns and then work with our clients to design an effective course of action. With the flexibility to structure our services to meet the needs of our customers, ASE Services’ line of operations include; project management, assessments and surveys, industrial hygiene services and indoor air quality. Our work takes us into a variety of different industries, such as government, educational facilities, oil and gas, construction, as well as residential services and we coordinate on projects with a variety of stakeholders in the process. We are committed to professional excellence and client satisfaction as well as providing a productive work environment that offers our team variety and challenge. We are dedicated to helping our employees succeed through training and offering opportunities to grow and learn. As a result of some exciting business changes, we are now recruiting for the position of:
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TEAM LEAD - CALGARY
The Team Lead will be responsible for ensuring that the resources allocated to each project are being used effectively. This will involve reviewing detailed scopes of work, supervising, and providing specific tasks to the field technicians on site. The Team Lead will provide the necessary support to Technicians both on project sites and in the office. The Team Lead is responsible for communicating all project information to the Project Manager in a timely manner and will actively participate in resolving any issues that occur on a project or within the team itself.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to field technicians in a timely and clear fashion.
- Acquire and/or organize the necessary equipment required on site.
- Provide timelines and contact information if meeting clients or other supervisory personnel on site.
- Supervise field staff and monitor performance.
- Provide clear and definitive tasks to field technicians after conducting pre-job hazard assessments and entire initial site walk-throughs.
- Provide a good example of proper work procedures and wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when conducting tasks on site.
- Be available to assist technicians if issues arise on work sites.
- Review and edit technical reports.
- Track project milestones and deliverables on a daily basis.
- Provide basic recommendations to include in project deliverables.
- Ensure deliverables are submitted for review in a timely manner and within budget.
- Provide weekly project updates to the Project Manager.
- University degree or college diploma in a science or environmental field.
- Previous experience as an Environmental Consultant or Technician and experience working on a number of different and complex projects.
- Previous experience as a Supervisor or as a Team Lead.
- Ability to identify safety or other project issues while conducting site walk-throughs and/or work on sites.
- Strong attention to detail, reviewing, and writing skills.
As an ideal candidate, you will also possess the following skills:
- High degree of leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Customer Service skills an asset.
- Overtime may be required depending on project deadlines.
- Will be required to be available by phone after hours and weekends to provide support for field staff conducting work at these times. These standby times will be compensated separately and will be on a rotational schedule with other senior management.
- Will be required to transport equipment in personal vehicles and drive to and from project sites throughout the work day.
- Will be expected to provide both office and field staff support as required on a 50/50 basis.
- May be expected to receive phone calls regarding generic project details or answer basic questions regarding services provided by the company.
- Some travel may be required for out of town work.