Are you an entrepreneurial editor or journalist in the agriculture industry with a passion for written communication, both print and online?
The Western Hog Journal, Canada’s leading technical publication for the pork industry, is in search of an editor. Established in 1972, the WHJ is shipped to producers and industry across Western Canada and provides updates on relevant research and industry issues.
Reporting to the publisher, the editor will be responsible for the final delivery of five editions per year, including the development and layout of articles and advertising. He or she will be comfortable working with freelance writers and/or contributors to research and develop news stories and features of vital interest to the industry.
In addition to skills and experience in writing, editing, photography and research, preferably in trade publishing, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- good knowledge of the North American pork industry
- skills in writing and editing technical material
- an ability to work to tight deadlines
- excellent computer skills while comfortable and experienced with all forms of digital
communication, including websites and social media
- great organizational skills, a strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send a resumé and cover letter by February 1, 2013 to Darcy Fitzgerald - Publisher of the Western Hog Journal.