Alberta Motor Association Employee Reviews in Canada

Personal Lines Insurance Agent
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Worked on salary for steady daily hours; available to switch weekly from 9-5 to 10-6. Worked Saturdays as well.
Quoting and selling motor vehicle and personal property insurance policies. First point of contact for managing policies, customer inquiries and existing policies. Referrals for customer needs into Life or Commercial insurance needs. Completing all neccessary paperwork required. And did continuing education annually to meet credit requirements to maintain certification and licence. I enjoyed the team I worked with and the management had an open-door policy which was helpful in harder tasks.
Pros
Salary, regular hours, office setting.
Cons
Dissatisfied customers, due to the industry stereotyped for only a money maker.
Good Company to work for
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
AMA was a good company to work for .
Every second Friday off, was a plus
Team was positive
Great Location, lots of parking and C-train stopped right infront of building which is a plus
productive
Registry Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2015
Great environment and good people to work for. Helping customers with all their registry needs. Handling lots of paper work and collecting payments.
Pros
Great Management, Clean environment
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Great Environment and Training!
Claims (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Great company to work for. Very helpful managers and fun work environment. They're very flexible with their hours. I overall really enjoy working there.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
When a company slogan is 'We treat are members like family and friends' that in itself speaks volumes about A.M.A.
Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 28, 2015
AMA is a forward thinking company. Advancing within the company is a definite plus. They pay for your courses if they help to improve your chances for advancement, or if they are part of the criteria for the job.
They promote a somewhat relaxed atmosphere with a business casual dress code.
They often bring in lunch or arrange group barbecues within each department.
By being an AMA employee you receive a 25% discount on your Insurance if purchased at AMA. You also get a 50% discount on your AMA membership.
They are a company that gives back to the community by allowing each employee a paid volunteer day,
They support a variety of charities and use their own staff at shredding events offered free to the general public.
We work within a team environment, and encourage co workers to
invest in that ideal.
Work can be hectic, frustrating, busy but yet satisfying , pleasant and very rewarding.
I love my time there.
Pros
good pay, benefits, and a pleasant and inviting work environment
Cons
compartmentalized work space with high walls
Broken Company
Outside Independent Contractor - Member Relations (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 9, 2015
Poor upper management. Letting skilled workers go to benefit the need to hire unskilled works.
Use to be a good company to work for..
Would not waste time working here..
Dead end job.
Alberta Motor Association
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2015
AMA was a fantastic company to work for. The culture within the organization was family and friend oriented for employees and customers alike. AMA excelled at ensuring everyone within the company understood the expected behaviour of respect towards one another and the clients.

At AMA not only did I learn how to promote and enhance organizational culture but various avenues within the field of Human Resources. As an entry level professional I was given the tools and opportunities to explore each faucet of HR assisting with projects, recruitment, employee programs, benefits and largely, health and safety initiatives. My typical day included data entry, but whenever I had "free time" I was able to explore other areas of interest.

The hardest part of my job was that I was wanting more responsibility and opportunity to explore further into my interests and due to my position, I was unable to reach out of my primary responsibilities more often and there was no foreseeable advancement in the near future.

The most enjoyable part of my job was giving the employee the best possible benefit package, answering inquiries in regards to their employment and assisting my manager and co-workers with any "outside the box" projects.
Great team building environment
Emergency Response Operator (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONDecember 10, 2014
Awesome company to work for. As an emergency response operator, we take emergency calls throughout our shifts. Dispatching the necessary vehicles to assist our members in need. We have full support from our shift leads and supervisors at all times.
Excellent team atmosphere, great company
Centre Coordinator / Registry Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2014
an excellent company to work for, the management and staff really cared about the customers and the employees. many great benefits and opportunities were provided to all that wanted them.
I loved going into work every day, management and my coworkers respected and cared about me.
Sometimes it would get tough with difficult registries situations that weren't flexible but they handled it excellently.
Pros
great benefits, caring staff
Cons
Overall a decent place to work.
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2013
Provides technical expertise and resolve tier 2 & 3 level issues relating to PCs, printers, IP phones, WiFi, VPN and/or network connections, server management, etc.
Pros
the organization do invest on its it infrastructures.
Cons
zero advancement opportunity, managements are based in edmonton and spend little time on evaluation of work performance.
Ama is a great place to work and the customer service I believe is second to none.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2013
AMA is a great place to work, I enjoy helping people and I have great trouble shooting skills. I have worked with AMA for 14 yrs on the road and it is very dangerous. I feel that it is time to get off the road.
Pros
benefits, flex days, helping people
Professional Work Environment
(AMA) as Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 20, 2013
I loved working there, got really good experience.

They have highly professional working environment. Freshers are treated very well.

They make you understand about the organization and help to learn about there culture and working ethics.
Productive and fun place to work at.
North American Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2014
Worked with an amazing group of people. Over 10 months I learned something new on a daily basis. The environment was a fun and supportive office everyday.
Pros
listening to customer travel stories.
Cons
wrong side of town
Meet new people every day
Service Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton ABSeptember 15, 2014
Overall good place to work

Starting wage $21-22/h

Top wage $29-30

Unlimited OT paid at 1.5

Accumulate 3 weeks vacation first year

Service Vehicle Operator aka Tow Truck Driver

Pros:

Mechanics stay on top of truck inspections/maintenance.

Independence... you are your own boss really. On your own helping others

Supervisors are always there to help if needed.

Decent benefits.

Only required 40/h per week, 5 8's or 4 10's

Good equipment.

Con's:

Low pay

Like anywhere, people complain. Biggest complaint from drivers.... "someone made my truck dirty!" or "Dispatch made me do a dollie call at the end of my shift" or "dispatch is on glue! I had to go from one end of the city to the other!" No one cares! do your job! you will hear drivers complain however it's always the usual suspects.

Shift work.

Expectations:

Keep a clean truck with clean tools.
Provide stellar customer service
Don't damage anything....

Keep a positive attitude with your nose outa trouble and stay below the shitpump/complainer raider and AMA will have to at top wage of 29-30$/h in 2-3 years.
Pros
home every night
Cons
low pay
100 % i would not have brought my friends there if not and I have dreamed of coming back!!!!!
Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2014
The best place I have ever worked!!!!!! It was family and alot of people still are.
Pros
everything
Cons
i was not allowed to work longer
nice place to work for
Tow Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
this company is the best place to work for the best day is helping people out when they are broken down I learn how to be on time and driving this big city the management are great
Great job
Automotive Transporter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2012
It's a great job, long hours but good money. you work alone and you learn lots of stuff. they pay for training and put you through cources which will help in other aspect of life.
Review
Appraiser/Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2012
great place to learn and advance ones education and practical expirience.

4.3