Alberta Motor Association Employee Reviews

Focuses on work/life balance...
Executive Assistant Gov't & Stakeholder Relations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
I appreciate the ability to take care of my family commitments, with the understanding that work priorities do come first...My Manager is awesome and I am very lucky to work with him...
Pros
Great work/life balance...
Cons
Communication needs to improve (top - down)...
I love my job
Registries / Member Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2017
I love my job, and the team that works with me. The main reason I am looking for a change is that I have come to realize that I need a more equal work/life balance, and it is not possible in the position I now hold.
Benefits
Cons
On salary, I work long hours and receive no OT or bank time, and the work/life balance is very skewed.
Best job. Easy and fun
Tow Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2017
Truck does the work for you. People are great. 1000$ a week in your pocket after taxes if you do well. Collect tips. (Sometimes) everyone is there to help you.
Pros
New job everyday . Never know what you're going to do.
Cons
Non really. Depends on the weather
Meetings, Meetings and then canceled meetings.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 May 2017
No typical day, focus changes a lot.
Management seems just happy to be there.
No one really cared. No incentive to achieve.
Recognition basically non existent, lots of lip service.
Pros
Been around a long time.
Cons
Rudderless ship
Fun Exciting Environment
Membership Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
This company has since been closed down. It was a great company to work for and an experience I will carry with me throughout my life. The owners have sold their stores and now work in Real estate.
Busy with good benefits
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
It is a very busy environment, where you need to have a lot of patience to deal with members. They do offer great benefits and bonuses every 3 months.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Dealing with very rude members
Well established company - sometimes fun to work at.
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
Most of the time, it was a good place to work. The work was not really demanding and I got paid probably the right amount for the work but it was not enough to support a family very well so I found something else.
Pros
Worked with good people - had a good time often
Cons
Not enough pay
TRAVEL SALES & SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2017
AMA is a very good place to work, they truly care for their employees. They do their best to train and keep motivation and morale high. Unfortunately the opportunity for advancement seem to be only available to a select few team members, they don't do as much to prepare many employees to advance.
Pros
Job Security, Benefits
Cons
Little advancement opportunity
great place to work
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 March 2017
Working at AMA was very fun as well as challenging for me. Once i cleared the license exam, i was on floor and was helped by all my co workers in the initial phase. Great place to work. Very friendly
Feels like a family enviroment.
Advanced Registry Agent (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB24 February 2017
Depending on the time of the month we can be very busy. Which makes the day go by fast. If we're not busy we are doing our daily tasks and getting everything we need to get done out of the way. For example checking our daily documents from the previous day and making sure there are no mistakes that need correcting. I've learned so much since starting here a little over 2 years ago. I have taken a number of tests and received the certifications required of me. All listed on my resume. Our management team we have here at the St. Albert branch are fantastic. Always there to help us out and are very easy to talk to when it's needed. They are very supportive and push us to do our best. Work place enviroment is very friendly. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with policy and all the changes that comes with the job. The most enjoyable would have to be the people I work with and a lot of the customers that come through our doors. They know how to make us laugh and make the job worth it.
Benefits
Cons
Working on a salary base
New Executive Management team
Insurance Underwriting Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
With new management in place there has been a lot of down sizing.
Staff no longer able to make decisions
Insurance staff available 6 days a week
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
New management team -Insurance
Loved working at AMA
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
AMA was like my second family! The staff and management were fantastic. Great environment to work in. Hours were great, advancement was available, pay was reasonable.
Pros
Great environment
Learned Alot
EMERGENCY DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2016
Fast Paced call centre, changes happening everyday. Staff was wonderful to work for and management was great. Everyday was different, enjoyed working with everyone
Good Company to work for
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2015
AMA was a good company to work for .
Every second Friday off, was a plus
Team was positive
Great Location, lots of parking and C-train stopped right infront of building which is a plus
productive
Registry Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2015
Great environment and good people to work for. Helping customers with all their registry needs. Handling lots of paper work and collecting payments.
Pros
Great Management, Clean environment
Cons
Sometimes stressful
When a company slogan is 'We treat are members like family and friends' that in itself speaks volumes about A.M.A.
Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2015
AMA is a forward thinking company. Advancing within the company is a definite plus. They pay for your courses if they help to improve your chances for advancement, or if they are part of the criteria for the job.
They promote a somewhat relaxed atmosphere with a business casual dress code.
They often bring in lunch or arrange group barbecues within each department.
By being an AMA employee you receive a 25% discount on your Insurance if purchased at AMA. You also get a 50% discount on your AMA membership.
They are a company that gives back to the community by allowing each employee a paid volunteer day,
They support a variety of charities and use their own staff at shredding events offered free to the general public.
We work within a team environment, and encourage co workers to
invest in that ideal.
Work can be hectic, frustrating, busy but yet satisfying , pleasant and very rewarding.
I love my time there.
Pros
good pay, benefits, and a pleasant and inviting work environment
Cons
compartmentalized work space with high walls
Alberta Motor Association
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2015
AMA was a fantastic company to work for. The culture within the organization was family and friend oriented for employees and customers alike. AMA excelled at ensuring everyone within the company understood the expected behaviour of respect towards one another and the clients.

At AMA not only did I learn how to promote and enhance organizational culture but various avenues within the field of Human Resources. As an entry level professional I was given the tools and opportunities to explore each faucet of HR assisting with projects, recruitment, employee programs, benefits and largely, health and safety initiatives. My typical day included data entry, but whenever I had "free time" I was able to explore other areas of interest.

The hardest part of my job was that I was wanting more responsibility and opportunity to explore further into my interests and due to my position, I was unable to reach out of my primary responsibilities more often and there was no foreseeable advancement in the near future.

The most enjoyable part of my job was giving the employee the best possible benefit package, answering inquiries in regards to their employment and assisting my manager and co-workers with any "outside the box" projects.
Great Environment and Training!
Claims (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2015
Great company to work for. Very helpful managers and fun work environment. They're very flexible with their hours. I overall really enjoy working there.
Pros
Flexible
Personal Lines Insurance Agent
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 September 2015
Worked on salary for steady daily hours; available to switch weekly from 9-5 to 10-6. Worked Saturdays as well.
Quoting and selling motor vehicle and personal property insurance policies. First point of contact for managing policies, customer inquiries and existing policies. Referrals for customer needs into Life or Commercial insurance needs. Completing all neccessary paperwork required. And did continuing education annually to meet credit requirements to maintain certification and licence. I enjoyed the team I worked with and the management had an open-door policy which was helpful in harder tasks.
Pros
Salary, regular hours, office setting.
Cons
Dissatisfied customers, due to the industry stereotyped for only a money maker.
Broken Company
Outside Independent Contractor - Member Relations (Former Employee) –  Calgary9 July 2015
Poor upper management. Letting skilled workers go to benefit the need to hire unskilled works.
Use to be a good company to work for..
Would not waste time working here..
Dead end job.