Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency (ALMA), Edmonton – a catalyst, provincial agency is seeking a talented communication professional that is as passionate about working with the livestock and meat industry as we are.
The Communications Officer will support our corporate communications efforts through our website, news announcements, industry articles and updates, social media and other publications. The successful candidate will possess strong writing and editing skills to help ensure all communications products convey clear and consistent messages, and support ALMA’s efforts in industry engagement and industry relationship building.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan, write and edit news releases, information bulletins, media notices, brochures,
speeches, presentations, web content, videos and other publications;
- Monitor, research, develop and implement communications/public relations projects
including social media initiatives (ie. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Digg, etc);
- Participate in the ongoing management of ALMA’s website to ensure information is timely and accurate (develop content for web and monitor web trends);
- Use of media relations to support major communication activities (monitors and analyzes edia coverage, coordinates technical briefings and responses to media inquiries, coordinates media interviews, etc.);
- Coordinates graphic design and promotional material production;
- Manages event planning for both internal and external events (logistics, venue,
presentation materials, multimedia, catering services and media relations);
- Coordinate and supervise video creation, editing and design;
- Work with other communications staff, providing assistance as required, to ensure
communications are timely and support ALMA’s mandate.
You will contribute to the success of ALMA’s communication with our industry stakeholders – from producer through to retail. You must have a good knowledge of communications planning, web communications and media relations techniques. An understanding of graphic services and print production techniques is also required. This role works with all areas of the organization and team work is essential.
Qualifications: related degree plus a minimum of two years related experience, including writing and substantive editing. Experience writing for various communications formats (print, web, technical reports/publications, and social media marketing tools) is required. Experience with the livestock industry, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act, and government processes are assets. Equivalencies will be considered.
Annual Salary Range: $63,192 - $82,884
We will be accepting applications until March 23, 2014.
To work for the Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid work permit issued by the Government of Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.