Alberta Investment Management Corporation, Edmonton -
Investing in the future….that’s what we do….for our clients and our team. We didn’t get to be one of Canada’s largest fund managers by only growing our investments. At AIMCo, we grow our people too. You provide the capability and desire….we’ll provide the opportunity for you to progress your career with an investment fund manager that manages a portfolio of about $70 billion.
The Investment Operations team is looking for a Summer Student to complement the existing team by providing administrative support, completing research, aiding in communications development, and assisting with a variety of systems implementations and projects.
Key responsibilities include performing account reconciliations, reviewing transactions for assisting in completion of uploading financial data, and other duties assigned by the Manager. The Summer Student has ongoing communication with team members and management, and maintains and develops relationships with internal clients.
- Completion of 3 years of University with focus in Finance preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Office, Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint) paired with strong Excel skills, including experience with pivot tables and complex formulas.
- Presentation/Facilitation experience an asset
- Professional demeanor coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- A self-starter and initiator with the demonstrated ability to help align Customer services with the broader business requirements of the organization.
- Possess strong analytical/problem solving skills to analyze.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to deal with conflicting issues and environmental changes, demonstrating the ability to take ownership of issues and ensure they are resolved.
NOTE: Final candidates will also be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Salary: AIMCo offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the potential for a performance based bonus.
Closing Date: Until Filled
TO APPLY for the above position: Online applications are preferred. Please visit: www.aimco.alberta.ca 1100-10830 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2B3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.