Investing in the future….that’s what we do….for our clients and our team. We didn’t get to be one of Canada’s largest fund managers by only growing our investments. At AIMCo, we grow our people too. You provide the capability and desire….we’ll provide the opportunity for you to progress your career with an investment fund manager that manages a portfolio of about $70 billion.
We invest globally. To do that successfully, we embrace talent with new ideas, fresh thinking….and we are committed to a culture of continuous learning.
Reporting to the Senior Network & Security Architect, the Senior Network & Security Engineer administrates the corporate LAN/WAN network and security infrastructure.
This position is responsible for ensuring AIMCo’s connections to the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Network and 3rd party vendors are managed to deliver uninterrupted business transactions.
The Senior Network & Security Engineer is responsible for the followings:
- Ensuring the optimized performance, integrity, and security of all network access points and network systems, including but not limited to, firewalls, DMZ, external DNS, switches, routers, VoIP, wireless, remote access, video conferencing, and unified communication applications.
- Responsible for ensuring the network is secure, robust and stable in support of the business of the corporation.
- Applies a sound understanding of security threats and has expertise of networking hardware and software.
- Provides expertise and direction of IT network infrastructure operations and controls, ensuring the integrity of networks, servers, and physical security of IT assets are maintained at all times.
- Provides technical networking expertise for projects and documents all networking components.
- Provides network strategic planning, architecting, design, network vulnerability assessments, network penetration tests, capacity planning, and project management.
- Responsible for all networking hardware, software, and monitoring tools and ensure network components of the disaster recovery plans are maintained.
- Provides System Administration for IT Infrastructure networking and security hardware and software.
- Work with vendors to procure products and services and to insure that contracted services are provided in compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco lOS.
- Expert knowledge of the Network (mainly Cisco) components (Firewalls, routers, switches) deployment, troubleshooting, and configuration.
- Expert knowledge of monitoring tools, Wireless, and VolP Systems.
- Expert knowledge of IP, WANs, LANs, and Internet, failover technology.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Data Storage Devices and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of network audit tools and procedures, hacker tools, vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies relating to network security and lOS.
- A thorough knowledge of industry standard best practices is required to secure, monitor, and architecture the computing infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to architect and manage networking components and complete tasks and projects assigned based on priorities.
- Demonstrate ability to manage the security of internal and external access points.
- Understands the importance of adhering to corporate and IT policies and procedures.
- Possess strong analytical/problem solving skills to analyze technical issues, assess impact on existing infrastructure, and implement optimized solutions to address client needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, handle conflicting priorities in order to meet deadlines and demonstrates the ability to take ownership of issues and ensure they are resolved.
- A self-starter and initiator who can adapt to change and turn challenges into opportunities.
NOTE: Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Salary: AIMCo offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the potential for a performance based bonus.
For more information visit the careers section of AIMCo's website at www.aimco.alberta.ca
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -