Alberta Investment Management Corporation, Edmonton -
Investing in the future….that’s what we do….for our clients and our team. We didn’t get to be one of Canada’s largest fund managers by only growing our investments. At AIMCo, we grow our people too. You provide the capability and desire….we’ll provide the opportunity for you to progress your career with an investment fund manager that manages a portfolio of about $70 billion.
We invest globally. To do that successfully, we embrace talent with new ideas, fresh thinking….and we are committed to a culture of continuous learning. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Project Management, based in Edmonton.
AIMCo is building a Business Solutions Group to leverage the capability delivered by AIMCo Innovations; a business transformation to deliver improved data for investment decision-making and the reduction operational risk. This new initiative will be instrumental to achieving our business strategies and objectives. This is a unique opportunity to be a leader that is truly involved in a business transformation of this magnitude. This is your opportunity to make a significant impact to your organization, and put your leadership, strategic thinking and change management skills to the test.
As Senior Manager of Project Management, you will oversee the entire Project Management office function as well as being deeply involved in our ongoing project. Change management, integration and implementation will be the first priority for the project, but the true demonstration of your skills is how we bring the system to life and take best advantage of our investment. You will also play a key role on the AIMCo wide Project Prioritization Committee.
You will lead the charge in developing the Project Management strategy for the company, and ensure that you have an engaged, empowered and highly skill oriented team who is working in close partnership with the business. This is a senior role within the Business Solutions Group and will report directly to the Vice President, Business Solutions Group.
Vision for Service Delivery:
- Ensures the organization receives best return for its Project investments.
- Oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the PMO department.
- Participates as a member of Senior Management in the development of strategic and tactical plans for the Business Solutions Group.
- Ensures program management for timely completion of projects
Strategic Partner to Business:
- Provides strategic advice to the VP and the Executive Committee regarding best in class Business solutions and in Projects.
- Drive contributions that PMO can make to the achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
- Creates strategic partnerships within the organization such that IT and the business are working collectively together.
- Viewed as a leader within the organization who is contributing to its long term success.
- Builds Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and sprit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success terms of the whole team;
- Manages Vision and Purpose: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turnout to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Develops Direct Reports: provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executive them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
- University Degree in Business or Computer Science supplemented by 10+ years of experience in Project Management
- Experience with investment management is an asset with preference given to candidates with exposure to front-end applications such as Charles River and Calypso and data applications, such as Eagle Pace
- Considerable expertise providing leadership as its relates to the development and implementation of new and existing technologies.
- A self-starter and initiator with the demonstrated ability to help align Project Management services with the broader business requirements of the organization.
- Expert leadership, supervisory and project managerial skills. Demonstrated ability to interface with clients, builds sustainable relationships, provide mentorship for team members, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in managing and delivering major changes or conversions.
- Strong customer service skills, adhering to corporate policies and procedures, and taking consideration of industry best practices and standards.
- Demonstrable track record of managing multiple teams and projects on a multi-level and excellent track record of delivery for internal client.
- Possess strong analytical/problem solving skills to analyze technical issues, assess impact on clients and implement optimized solutions to address client needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to deal with conflicting issues and environmental changes, demonstrating the ability to take ownership of issues and ensure they are resolved.
NOTE: Final candidates will also be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Salary: AIMCo offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the potential for a performance based bonus.
Closing Date: Dec 15-2012
Competition No.: KS10066
TO APPLY for the above position: Please visit: www.aimco.alberta.ca
Fax: (780) 392-3898
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.