Alberta Investment Management Corporation, Edmonton -
Investing in the future….that’s what we do….for our clients and our team. We didn’t get to be one of Canada’s largest fund managers by only growing our investments. At AIMCo, we grow our people too. You provide the capability and desire….we’ll provide the opportunity for you to progress your career with an investment fund manager that manages a portfolio of about $70 billion.
We invest globally. To do that successfully, we embrace talent with new ideas, fresh thinking….and we are committed to a culture of continuous learning. We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Treasury, based out of Edmonton.
AIMCo is looking for an experienced Treasury professional to help us develop and execute an enhanced Treasury strategy.
The Senior Manager, Treasury is responsible for development and execution of strategies, plans and budgets for, and the oversight of, the AIMCo Treasury function.
For new initiatives:
- Identify key risks, and revenue generating or cost-savings opportunities related to treasury management
- Acquire resources, and implement opportunities
- Participate in broader initiatives, as they relate to treasury management.
Ensure the effective completion of operational responsibilities designed to address new and existing treasury management functions:
- Liquidity risk monitoring and reporting
- Daily cash flow forecast monitoring and reporting
- Administration of bank accounts and services, and cash accounts with the custodian
- Collateral management
- Mentorship and coaching to staff.
- Maintain and develop relationships with banking and custodial counterparties.
- Be aware of emerging issues, including risks, opportunities and threats related to treasury.
- Respond to emerging issues and disseminate information to individuals impacted with AIMCo.
- Manage and develop relationships with key internal clients within AIMCo and the Government of Alberta.
- Bachelor level University Educated preferably with a finance/economics focus.
- Manager level experience within a Treasury or Corporate Finance group (5 to 7 years).
- Experience with investment management treasury applications.
- Results oriented leader who can motivate and drive Treasury team to excellence.
- Strong customer service skills, high professional and ethical standards (adherence to corporate policies and procedures), and knowledge of industry best practices and standards required.
- Ability to manage multiple teams and projects, and an excellent track record of delivery.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills to identify business and client service opportunities, and risk and risk mitigation strategies.
- Ability to deal with conflicting issues, solve problems, and implement solutions.
- CFA/CA/CGA/CMA, MBA, or post graduate designation with emphasis on Investment Finance and Treasury.
NOTE: Final candidates will also be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Salary: AIMCo offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, which provides for annual and long-term performance incentives.
Closing Date: Until Filled.
Competition No.: KS 10079
TO APPLY for the above position: Online applications are preferred. Please visit: www.aimco.alberta.ca 1100-10830 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2B3.
Phone: (780) 392-3962. Fax: (780) 392-3898
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.