Manager, Real Estate - Investment Administration
Alberta Investment Management Corporation, Edmonton -
Investing in the future….that’s what we do….for our clients and our team. We didn’t get to be one of Canada’s largest fund managers by only growing our investments. At AIMCo, we grow our people too. You provide the capability and desire….we’ll provide the opportunity for you to progress your career with an investment fund manager that manages a portfolio of about $70 billion.
We invest globally. To do that successfully, we embrace talent with new ideas, fresh thinking….and we are committed to a culture of continuous learning. We are currently seeking a Manager, Real Estate - Investment Administration, based in Edmonton.
The Manager, Real Estate Investment Administration is responsible and accountable for leading, developing, and managing the day-to-day activities of the Real Estate Administration Team to effectively support the Real Estate Investment Management department.
Monitors and manages the team’s accurate and timely completion of investment transaction processing and settlements, cash receipts and disbursements, monthly data collection from property managers for property level financial and lease data, management of cash flows and balances, tax, accounting and reporting and other required administration functions related to the area. Develops the infrastructure and processes related to in-sourcing activities of asset management functions.
Manage direct reports and completes annual goals, performance review, monthly coaching and personal development plans.
- Leading, managing, monitoring, and responding to the needs of the Real Estate Investment Administration group, including: assuming the financial management functions from external asset managers related to property accounting and financial reporting; effective and timely processing of investment transactions; ensuring the completion of all regulatory, governmental, and tax filings; maintenance of the Real Estate investment management system (Yardi); completion of the operating entities’ financial and management information reporting; and maintenance of documentation for legal entities within the real estate portfolio.
- Provide expertise and oversight to staff to ensure consolidated property accounting adheres to common accounting standards.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the processes, procedures, and other appropriate controls required for administration of the real estate portfolio, specifically related to Yardi.
- Ensure investment transactions are appropriately reflected in FMC/Simcorp portfolio accounting system.
- Coordinates operating and capital budget submissions into Yardi database, as well as on-going monitoring activities.
- Provide analysis and reporting to internal and external parties: real estate investment management, asset managers, and Investment Property Databank (IPD).
- Working closely with project managers on any system implementation, providing subject matter expertise and assistance as required.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the processes, procedures, and other appropriate controls required for new strategies and investments related to real estate investments.
- Performs other projects/assignments as assigned by the Senior Manager.
- A university degree in business or another related field supplemented by an accounting designation (CA, CMA, or CGA) is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in progressively senior financial roles in property management or commercial real estate, demonstrating strong accounting skills related to real estate operations.
- Ability to communicate with property managers, asset managers, and real estate investment professionals effectively.
- Strong people management (collaborating, motivating, coaching, developing, and managing a team) and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and make decisions under strict time deadlines are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as strong interpersonal and analytical skills is required.
- Prior working experience with Yardi Systems software (Yardi Voyager) or similar property management/investment management software is an asset.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Access and PowerPoint) and familiarity with database applications are required.
NOTE: Final candidates will also be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Salary: AIMCo offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the potential for a performance based bonus.
Closing Date: Until Filled
TO APPLY for the above position: Online applications are preferred. Please visit: www.aimco.alberta.ca 1100-10830 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2B3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -