Manager, Customer Service Management
Alberta Investment Management Corporation, Edmonton -
Investing in the future….that’s what we do….for our clients and our team. We didn’t get to be one of Canada’s largest fund managers by only growing our investments. At AIMCo, we grow our people too. You provide the capability and desire….we’ll provide the opportunity for you to progress your career with an investment fund manager that manages a portfolio of about $70 billion.
We invest globally. To do that successfully, we embrace talent with new ideas, fresh thinking….and we are committed to a culture of continuous learning. We are currently seeking a Manager, Customer Service Management, based in Edmonton.
Position Summary: AIMCo is transforming its Systems and Technology group into a Business Technology Group to better deliver business value and execute its services in a customer centric approach. This position is responsible for leading Business Technology’s internal Customer Service supporting all of AIMCo through an Enterprise Service Desk and Service Level Management. This is your opportunity to make a significant impact to your organization, and put your leadership, strategic thinking and change management skills to the test.
AIMCo is transforming its Systems and Technology group into a Business Technology Group to better deliver business value and execute its services in a customer centric approach. This position is responsible for leading Business Technology’s internal Customer Service supporting all of AIMCo through an Enterprise Service Desk and Service Level Management. This is your opportunity to make a significant impact to your organization, and put your leadership, strategic thinking and change management skills to the test.
- Develops a short and long term plan to establish a customer service and continuous improvement culture for the service functions through well-defined service expectations and standards and develops tools, processes and methodologies to promote customer service and promote high performing teams;
- Develops close customer service relationship to collaborate effectively with customers to not only respond to, but anticipate needs and to identify any emerging service needs or trends which need to be addressed;
- Liaises with other sections and portfolios within the AIMCO to share information on technology service issues and needs and advocates on behalf of the AIMCOs to support integrated, customer responsive results to achieve the AIMCOs visions, goals and operations to serve the public;
- Develops and implements Service Level Agreements collaboratively with the customers; Maintains service reporting and communicates results to AIMCO to demonstrate achievement of service standards, collaborate on solutions where there are service issues and demonstrate value;
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communications plan and outputs to educate, inform and keep customers advised of service offerings and events;
- Plans new initiatives for defined technology projects, for the section or as part of a cross portfolio team, and their implementation into the AIMCO sector by assessing impacts on the business, process, policies, relationships, funding requirements and sources, etc. and developing comprehensive plans with stakeholder input for the implementation of significant initiatives.
- Leads business projects to ensure the continuous improvement and evolution of key services such as Service Desk, Help Desk, and Service Level Agreements;
- As a member of the AIMCO leadership team works to fulfill the vision and mission of the AIMCO, provide input to strategic planning and the development of an integrated operational plan for the portfolio.
- Provides: direct/indirect leadership to employees, exemplary customer service, responsible resource management, collaborative partnerships within the AIMCO, and with other Investment Organization, integrated solutions and models the AIMCO cultural values;
- Performs other projects/assignments as assigned by the VP- Senior Technology Officer.
- University Degree in Business or Computer Science supplemented by 10+ years of experience in IT Customer Service
- Experience with investment management is an asset with preference given to candidates with exposure to front-end business processes and workflow.
- Considerable expertise providing leadership as it relates to the development and implementation of new and existing enterprise service desk technologies.
- A self-starter and initiator with the demonstrated ability to help align Customer services with the broader business requirements of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with clients, builds sustainable relationships, provide mentorship for team members, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in managing and delivering major changes or conversions.
- Strong customer service skills, adhering to corporate policies and procedures, and taking consideration of industry best practices and standards.
- Demonstrable track record of managing multiple teams and projects on a multi-level and excellent track record of delivery for internal client.
- Possess strong analytical/problem solving skills to analyze technical issues, assess impact on clients and implement optimized solutions to address client needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to deal with conflicting issues and environmental changes, demonstrating the ability to take ownership of issues and ensure they are resolved.
NOTE: Final candidates will also be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Location: Edmonton Salary: AIMCo offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the potential for a performance based bonus.
Closing Date: Until Filled
TO APPLY for the above position: Online applications are preferred. Please visit: www.aimco.alberta.ca 1100-10830 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2B3.
Fax: (780) 392-3898
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted