Reporting to the Team lead of Server and Data Storage, the Systems Engineer manages all system hardware and software. The Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring the optimized performance, integrity, and security of all IT Infrastructure systems, including but not limited to, Windows OS, Exchange, Storage Area Networks, Backup technology, Servers, VMware, Anti-virus/spam, and Active Directory.
- This position is responsible for ensuring the network is secure, robust and stable in support of the business of the Corporation.
- The IT Systems Engineer applies a sound understanding of client business processes within the Corporation and has expertise of hardware, software and technology to support clients in achieving business plans.
- The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for strategic planning, architecting, network design, operating systems and systems software administration, capacity planning, and project management.
- Provides expertise and direction of IT network infrastructure operations and controls, ensuring the integrity of servers and data storage.
- Leads the IT organization in architecting, administrating server and storage infrastructure.
- Responsible for the System Administration for Exchange, Active Directory, Anti-Virus, Windows Operating system, and other infrastructure software and hardware components.
- Responsible for server and SAN strategic planning, architecting, design, capacity planning, and project management.
- Responsible for all networking software and monitoring tools to enable optimum performance and ensures components of the disaster recovery infrastructure and technical plans are maintained.
- Responsible for the security of servers and data, maintaining software licenses and server inventory and that security patches/patch levels are implemented in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage networking components and complete tasks and projects assigned based on priorities.
- Understands the importance of adhering to corporate and IT policies and procedures.
- Possess strong analytical/problem solving skills to analyze technical issues, assess impact on existing infrastructure, and implement optimized solutions to address client needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, handle conflicting priorities in order to meet deadlines and demonstrates the ability to take ownership of issues and ensure they are resolved.
- A self-starter and initiator who can adapt to change and turn challenges into opportunities.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience
- Expert knowledge of Windows Operating System and server networking.
- Expert knowledge in architecting the computing infrastructure for new applications and services.
- Expert Knowledge DNS, Active Directory, Exchange, and DHCP.
- Knowledge of Storage (SAN) and Backup (VTL) technology.
- Knowledge of patch and server management software, and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies relating to network security, operating systems and computing infrastructure.
- A thorough knowledge of industry standard best practices, policies and procedures is required to secure, monitor, and architecture the computing infrastructure.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and server performance tuning.
- A thorough knowledge of industry standard best practices is required to secure, monitor, and architecture the computing infrastructure.
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard -