Alberta Investment Management Corporation, Edmonton -
Investing in the future….that’s what we do….for our clients and our team. We didn’t get to be one of Canada’s largest fund managers by only growing our investments. At AIMCo, we grow our people too. You provide the capability and desire….we’ll provide the opportunity for you to progress your career with an investment fund manager that manages a portfolio of about $70 billion.
We invest globally. To do that successfully, we embrace talent with new ideas, fresh thinking….and we are committed to a culture of continuous learning. We are currently seeking a Director of Data Management, based out of Edmonton.
AIMCo is building a Business Solutions Group to leverage the capability delivered by AIMCo Innovations; a business transformation to deliver improved data for investment decision-making and the reduction operational risk. This new initiative will be instrumental to achieving our business strategies and objectives. This is a unique opportunity to be a leader that is truly involved in a business transformation of this magnitude. This is your opportunity to make a significant impact to your organization, and put your leadership, strategic thinking and change management skills to the test.
As Director of Data Management, you will oversee the entire Data Management team.
This role will be responsible for the quality and integrity of Data on a daily basis, Data Governance across AIMCo and Data Architecture. This is a senior role within the Business Solutions Group and will report directly to the Vice President, Business Solutions Group.
- Lead the Data team to ensure the cleanliness and accuracy of Data across AIMCo on a daily basis
- Key contributor to projects ensuring alignment with standards and future state architecture roadmaps. Promote and increase the use of data as a re-usable asset.
- Work with business leaders to establish and implement Enterprise Data Governance standards and processes.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure Data Architecture is aligned across the organization while ensuring a consistent vision of leveraging the centralized data warehouse.
- Demonstrate the ability to present complex information in a way that is equally understood by both, business leaders and technical experts.
- Interact with the vendor community to ensure that accuracy, timeliness and all regulatory specifications are met, along with interacting with peer Data Management organizations;
- Advise the data owners and users of potential improvements in the systems processes with a view to improving efficiency and good governance.
- University Degree in Business or Computer Science supplemented by 7+ years of experience in Data Management
- Experience with investment management data with preference given to candidates with exposure to front-end applications such as Charles River and Calypso and data applications, such as Eagle Pace
- Strong leader who can motivate and drive Data Management team to excellence.
- Savvy in the field of data manipulation (power user in SQL, Excel/Access, VBA/Macro writing abilities.
- Knowledgeable in data profiling, root cause analysis, and quality improvement
- Thought leader in Information Architecture and Management, with a focus on Data Warehousing and Analytics
- Strong customer service skills, adhering to corporate policies and procedures, and taking consideration of industry best practices and standards.
- Demonstrable track record of managing multiple teams and projects on a multi-level and excellent track record of delivery for internal clients.
- Possess strong analytical/problem solving skills to analyze technical issues, assess impact on clients and implement optimized solutions to address client needs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to deal with conflicting issues and environmental changes, demonstrating the ability to take ownership of issues and ensure they are resolved.
NOTE: Final candidates will also be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.
Salary: AIMCo offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the potential for a performance based bonus.
Closing Date: Until Filled
TO APPLY for the above position: Please visit: www.aimco.alberta.ca
1100-10830 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 2B3.
Fax: (780) 392-3898