Administrative Program Support
Administrative Support 3
Alberta Human Services, Athabasca. We are looking for an organized and client-focused individual to provide administrative support to the office. If you aspire to expand your administrative professional background to include an understanding of Alberta Works programs, this may be the ideal opportunity for you.
You will be responsible for providing excellent client service to Albertans and Employers by providing technical, administrative and informational services to those using our Alberta Works office. This position is the first point of contact for all walk-in and/or call-in inquiries and ensures clients are received in a welcoming, professional manner and are given accurate information regarding our Ministry?s programs and the various services provided in our community. Working within existing guidelines, processes and legislation, the incumbent will provide administrative assistance and support to a busy employment focused delivery site within the Human Services Ministry. Working in a rural setting, the incumbent is responsible for all clerical functions as they relate to the Income Support Programs and the Alberta Works office.
What our ideal candidate will bring to the table:
- Communication: Clearly conveying and receiving messages to meet the needs of all. The ability to choose a communication style that is both appropriate and effective for a given situation.
- Client Focus: Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs.
- Teamwork/Working with Others: Working cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results.
- Initiative: Self starter, constantly looking for ways to improve; reliable and hard-working, showing ownership for areas of responsibility.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Personal willingness and ability to effectively work in and adapt to change. Willing and able to modify approach to situations so that new ideas and solutions are encouraged and recognized.
Salary: $1,437.35 - $1,749.11 bi-weekly ($37,514 - $45,651 annually). Closing Date: June 22, 2012. Job ID #1011821
Qualifications: A high school diploma and at least one year of related administrative experience. Experience with the Microsoft Office suite and GOA software programs including CCD, LISA, MOBIUS and ARC is preferred. Experience working directly with diverse clientele is an asset. Equivalencies will be considered.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level within the Government of Alberta. Selected individuals will be asked to undergo a security screening. This is a temporary salaried opportunity set to expire on or before March 31, 2013, with the possibility of extension.
Online applications are preferred. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID, to: Brenda Aimoe, Human Resource Assistant, Alberta Human Services, 10th Floor, Century Park Place, 855 - 8 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB, T2P 3P1. Phone: (403) 592-4149 Fax: (403) 476-4984.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.