ALBERTA HEALTH

ALBERTA HEALTH Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
program attendant
Program Attendant (Former Employee), St AlbertJuly 15, 2014
Developed a 12 week series of power point presentations for people with addictions. They focused on personal development in an aftercare setting.
productive place of work
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2014
Alberta Health Services is a large organization and is productive place of work
Excellent
Clerk IV (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 13, 2014
Great wages and benefits! Management usually good to work for.
Administrative Support (Temporary) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 4, 2014
I loved working with AHW but unfortunately they unable to hire permanently while I was working with them. My job with AHW started as a three week temporary assignment, which led to two years as a temporary employee. I loved every minute of it.
Clean and respectable workplace environment
Coordinator - Administrative Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2014
* Great people (colleagues) to work with
* Challenging to coordinate calendars of doctors for meetings
Only worked here for very short time in contract position.
Contract Pharmacist (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 28, 2014
I worked on my own time according to deadlines and met with supervisors once weekly.
Great place to work and loved the experience
Community Peace Officer Level 1 (Former Employee), Team Lead (Manager)April 4, 2014
Pros: veriaty of jobs
Was a very good place to work and was very challenging. It was a great experience.
Enthusiastic and patient-focus Graduate Nurse with experiences in providing safe, competent and ethical nursing care
Graduate Nurse (Casual) - Medicine Float (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
Enthusiastic and patient-focused Graduate Nurse with background in critical care, acute care and general surgery seeking for an opportunity to secure job that will enhance my knowledge, skills and experiences in providing safe, compassionate, competent and ethical nursing care while considering clients’ life journey, and also in implementing nursing – more... interventions which are aimed in improving patients ‘quality of life. – less
Amazing place, even better energy and company
Housekeeper - Casual (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2013
Pros: hours, coworkers, job description
As a housekeeper in a lot of work places you will often feel looked down upon, I never felt that at South Health Campus. Everyone in that building works incredibly hard to keep the positive energy and smiles flowing on every floor.
I worked days when I was at the hospital so between work and life it was easy to schedule my time accordingly
My duties – more... included various tasks such as cleaning bathrooms, patient rooms, nurses stations, utility rooms, medicine rooms, and even the YMCA they have in the building.
Hardest part about the job had to be seeing patients I really cared for hurting (I worked a lot in the surgical unit so I got to a know a patient or two)
Best part of the job had to be my coworkers and the immense amounts of positive energy they brought to the table every day to keep me going even when completely exhausted. – less
Busy, fun, lots of learning moments
HCA (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: the clients
Cons: not enough hours to live on
I enjoy my job, i love working with the clients and group of home care people i work with. The reason for needing out and a different position is that a .4 shift is far from enough hours, so its time to venture out.
Every day was focused, enjoyable contact with clients, co-workers and management. Busy environment.
Casual Relief Secretary - Contact (Former Employee), Lethbridge, AlbertaSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: respect from other employes and being recognized for a job well done.
Cons: one unfriendly and unhappy person.
The environment was clean. Management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Busy environment with much distraction - high level of focus required. Tight professionalism a must.
The hardest part of the job was sitting for extremely long periods of time without a stretch.
I enjoyed the personal contact with clients, being of assistance – more... to others, and doing a good job. – less
n/a
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2013
The essence of our culture, our values define what we believe in and what we stand for. They provide us with a common understanding of what’s important, anchor our thinking and provide us a framework for our actions.

Whatever we do and wherever we work, the quality of patient care is our touchstone. Each value is important and will have unique.

Our – more... values describe "7 ways" we can personally demonstrate our commitment to patient care in our daily interactions with patients, their families and our colleagues.

We are all expected to use the values to lead our work, our actions, our decisions. In doing so, we will become a values-led organization and a leader in the health field. – less
Excellent !
Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2013
I have been on the project since August 2011 as a consultant...it has been a wonderful experience!
Encouraging, Rewarding Place to work with great coworkers!
IT Project Management Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2013
I work on creating, implementing and guiding several Project Management processes and practices for over 150 AHS IT Projects. The hardest part of this job was communication between different parties and getting their buy-in to follow a single process. There is also a lot of politics within the company and being in the public sector, it gets hit hard – more... with government policies/cycles. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people. They are very encouraging and fun to be around. We have many social events organized on a regular basis and a great mentoring program for Interns/Co-op students. Everyone is flexible with timing which allows you to have a great work/life balance, comfortable lunches and privacy. – less
a great responsibility but a wonderful environment and great colleagues
Telecommunications" Officer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 12, 2012
Pros: i thoroughly enjoy the office setting and the challenges.
Cons: maybe, the 12 hr. shifts but, i still was o k with them
My full shift is very busy with answering/placing calls, recording internal operations of the shift, preparing and filing, announcing codes if needed and making sure the shift duties are completed at the end of each shift.
Has been tough place to work
RN (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: a job
Cons: management
Rural Health better a looking after staff. Since sweeping changes made several years ago not the same place to work needs to get back to taking care of patients and staff to improve
Fun Place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2012
I have learnt Oracle at my current position.
Great Management.
Fun co-workers.

Very busy and fast paced job Environment.
A rewarding experience-healthcare is a huge responsibility-.
Telecommunications Operator-Switchboard- (Former Employee), ABAugust 25, 2012
Pros: the busy office made for time going by quickly.
Cons: the location of the office - not much interaction with public -.
After every 12 hour shift, I felt that I gave my best and had a very productive shift. My co-workers were excellent and fun to work with. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Alberta Health Services - Fort McMurray -
Acute Care - high patient load obstetrical unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2012
Busy shifts with tons of learning experiences. Management somewhat disorganized but willing to help out with shift preferences especially when it concerns family life. Amazing bunch of people to work with. Very busy unit and high patient acuity.
Outstanding
Data Collector and Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2012
Pros: creat your own hours
Cons: some driving required, costly in terms of fuel
Alberta Health Services is an outstanding place to work. I worked on a summer project called the 'Physician Overhead Analysis Project'. This project involved collecting data from doctors within the Calgary Health Region.

Supervisors and Managers of the project were very knowledgable and a pleasure to work for. Co-workers were fantastic.

I learned – more... alot about the different departments of Alberta Health Services, and this helped me to decide on a direction in medical science. – less