ALBERTA HEALTH

ALBERTA HEALTH Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Product, Fast Paces, Challenging and Rewarding.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2014
Pros: new skills every day
Cons: commute with new extended hours
Providing superior and excellent organizational support to an Exec Director, Manager, Project Manager, Assistant Scientific Director and the Vice President and Senior Medical Director and their Admin as required.
Correspondance
Key Point of Contact
HR - Recruiting, On-boarding, Time Keeping, Approval
Finances
Invoices
Expenses
Travel arrangements and – more... Coordination incl. flights and hotels.
Memo's
Electronic and Physical File Maintenance
Financial Tracking
Expense Tracking
Assisting in Setting up Research Funding
Team Player
Can work independently or with minimal supervision
A challenge every day
Making a difference in the healthcare world to better care for patients and saving tax payer's money. – less
Alberta Health Services.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flex spending account
Cons: hours of work changed from date of hire - makes for a difficult commute
• Reporting directly to the Executive Director and Manager , while providing exceptional Administrative and organizational support to the Senior Consultant, Assistant Scientific Director, Two Senior Medical Directors, Project Manager .I also work closely and provide coverage with the Vice President and Executive Administrative Staff.
• Responsible for – more... managing and the organization of the Executive Director and Manager's calendar’s, Email, and Voice mail
• Providing support and follow-up for key issues and meetings. Creating correspondence including editing and formatting of letters, memos and reports, ensuring that all outgoing materials are accurate in regards to spelling, grammar and sentence structure, while maintaining confidentiality
• Providing assistance with collation of briefing notes, statistical, budgetary, operational and audit materials
• Prepare meeting packages and ensuring background related material is available.
• Arranges all activities related to committee meetings including the preparation and sending out of meeting agendas
• Maintain a “bring-forward” database for assignments, meetings, action requests and projects to ensure timelines are met.
• Responsible for overseeing Financials and providing support to the Executive Director with completing individual employee payrolls, RMS, Management Reporting, Oracle and MarkView
• Point of contact for the program – less
program attendant
Program Attendant (Former Employee), St AlbertJuly 15, 2014
Developed a 12 week series of power point presentations for people with addictions. They focused on personal development in an aftercare setting.
productive place of work
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2014
Alberta Health Services is a large organization and is productive place of work
Excellent
Clerk IV (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 13, 2014
Great wages and benefits! Management usually good to work for.
Administrative Support (Temporary) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 4, 2014
I loved working with AHW but unfortunately they unable to hire permanently while I was working with them. My job with AHW started as a three week temporary assignment, which led to two years as a temporary employee. I loved every minute of it.
productive and supportive
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2014
I work in a team that is enthusiastic and supportive to each other and the clientele we serve. it is varied and crisis orientated.

The hardest part of the job sometimes is letting clients know that sometimes you cannot do anything fro them apart form listen and advise.

It is a very autonomous position with active support from management.

The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is the unpredictability of assessments which helps me keep fresh and up to date with current evidence based practices and and clinical knowledge – less
Clean and respectable workplace environment
Coordinator - Administrative Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2014
* Great people (colleagues) to work with
* Challenging to coordinate calendars of doctors for meetings
Only worked here for very short time in contract position.
Contract Pharmacist (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 28, 2014
I worked on my own time according to deadlines and met with supervisors once weekly.
Enthusiastic and patient-focus Graduate Nurse with experiences in providing safe, competent and ethical nursing care
Graduate Nurse (Casual) - Medicine Float (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
Enthusiastic and patient-focused Graduate Nurse with background in critical care, acute care and general surgery seeking for an opportunity to secure job that will enhance my knowledge, skills and experiences in providing safe, compassionate, competent and ethical nursing care while considering clients’ life journey, and also in implementing nursing – more... interventions which are aimed in improving patients ‘quality of life. – less
Amazing place, even better energy and company
Housekeeper - Casual (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2013
Pros: hours, coworkers, job description
As a housekeeper in a lot of work places you will often feel looked down upon, I never felt that at South Health Campus. Everyone in that building works incredibly hard to keep the positive energy and smiles flowing on every floor.
I worked days when I was at the hospital so between work and life it was easy to schedule my time accordingly
My duties – more... included various tasks such as cleaning bathrooms, patient rooms, nurses stations, utility rooms, medicine rooms, and even the YMCA they have in the building.
Hardest part about the job had to be seeing patients I really cared for hurting (I worked a lot in the surgical unit so I got to a know a patient or two)
Best part of the job had to be my coworkers and the immense amounts of positive energy they brought to the table every day to keep me going even when completely exhausted. – less
Busy, fun, lots of learning moments
HCA (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: the clients
Cons: not enough hours to live on
I enjoy my job, i love working with the clients and group of home care people i work with. The reason for needing out and a different position is that a .4 shift is far from enough hours, so its time to venture out.
Every day was focused, enjoyable contact with clients, co-workers and management. Busy environment.
Casual Relief Secretary - Contact (Former Employee), Lethbridge, AlbertaSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: respect from other employes and being recognized for a job well done.
Cons: one unfriendly and unhappy person.
The environment was clean. Management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Busy environment with much distraction - high level of focus required. Tight professionalism a must.
The hardest part of the job was sitting for extremely long periods of time without a stretch.
I enjoyed the personal contact with clients, being of assistance – more... to others, and doing a good job. – less
n/a
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2013
The essence of our culture, our values define what we believe in and what we stand for. They provide us with a common understanding of what’s important, anchor our thinking and provide us a framework for our actions.

Whatever we do and wherever we work, the quality of patient care is our touchstone. Each value is important and will have unique.

Our – more... values describe "7 ways" we can personally demonstrate our commitment to patient care in our daily interactions with patients, their families and our colleagues.

We are all expected to use the values to lead our work, our actions, our decisions. In doing so, we will become a values-led organization and a leader in the health field. – less
Excellent !
Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2013
I have been on the project since August 2011 as a consultant...it has been a wonderful experience!
Encouraging, Rewarding Place to work with great coworkers!
IT Project Management Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2013
I work on creating, implementing and guiding several Project Management processes and practices for over 150 AHS IT Projects. The hardest part of this job was communication between different parties and getting their buy-in to follow a single process. There is also a lot of politics within the company and being in the public sector, it gets hit hard – more... with government policies/cycles. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people. They are very encouraging and fun to be around. We have many social events organized on a regular basis and a great mentoring program for Interns/Co-op students. Everyone is flexible with timing which allows you to have a great work/life balance, comfortable lunches and privacy. – less
Great benefits with the ability to advance
Senior Advisor (Acting), Project Recruitment (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 19, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: employee recognition is most often forgotten depending on the manager you're working for.
Good place to work depending on the team you're working with and the manager you're working for. Work load is quite high and it is up to you to ensure a balanced work life balance but it is attainable with excellent organization skills. The company is quite large so the little things can get missed.
a great responsibility but a wonderful environment and great colleagues
Telecommunications" Officer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 12, 2012
Pros: i thoroughly enjoy the office setting and the challenges.
Cons: maybe, the 12 hr. shifts but, i still was o k with them
My full shift is very busy with answering/placing calls, recording internal operations of the shift, preparing and filing, announcing codes if needed and making sure the shift duties are completed at the end of each shift.
Has been tough place to work
RN (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: a job
Cons: management
Rural Health better a looking after staff. Since sweeping changes made several years ago not the same place to work needs to get back to taking care of patients and staff to improve
Fun Place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2012
I have learnt Oracle at my current position.
Great Management.
Fun co-workers.

Very busy and fast paced job Environment.