ALBERTA HEALTH

ALBERTA HEALTH Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace with gym facilities
Nursing Assistant (RA) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 3, 2015
A great place to work; good staff and supportive and caring management. always concerned about stall safety n wellness/ welfare.
Outreach Navigator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
Pros: safe environment, job stability
Have worked for AHS for 3 years and the people, culture and work we do everyday to improve people's lives has always been rewarding and would recommend anyone working for this organization!
Great company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Cold lake, albertaMarch 4, 2015
Alberta Health services is a great company to work for. Everyone is very welcoming and caring. A great team of people. Lots of area for advancement. Home care, long term care and retirement care through home care. Great rate of pay, compensated for mileage.
Labourer
Shipping/Receiving, Deliveries, Bin Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2015
Taking stock and transferring it to the different locations around the hospital.
Awesome work, shift work just is not for me
Casual Unit Clerk - Unit 28 - Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 26, 2014
I loved working in the hospital, as a parent shift work just becomes hard to do.
AHS - triaging , admitting, treating ( medically and psychologically), discharging patients.
Registered Nurse - retired. (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2014
Acquired skills in time management, career enhancement. Ability to work effectively with coworkers. most difficult part of job is experience with death of clients from illness or injury. Most enjoyable part of job is discharging someone home feeling better from medical care they received.
Excellent work place for future.
Functional QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: weather
Good to be part of the company.
Excellent work environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Service Worker I- Mat/Child- LDR (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, AlbertaAugust 9, 2014
Pros: relaxed and enjoyable environment
Cons: overnight shifts
As a service worker, I helped out the nurses majority of the time with stocking and errands. I've learned to deal with many different situations and how to show empathy in any situations. The management I worked for was amazing and would recommend working for them to anyone. The hardest part of the specific area I worked in was when we would lose patients, the most enjoyable part was working around all the new parents and working with the nurses on a one on one basis.
Product, Fast Paces, Challenging and Rewarding.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2014
Pros: new skills every day
Cons: commute with new extended hours
Providing superior and excellent organizational support to an Exec Director, Manager, Project Manager, Assistant Scientific Director and the Vice President and Senior Medical Director and their Admin as required.
Correspondance
Key Point of Contact
HR - Recruiting, On-boarding, Time Keeping, Approval
Finances
Invoices
Expenses
Travel arrangements and Coordination incl. flights and hotels.
Memo's
Electronic and Physical File Maintenance
Financial Tracking
Expense Tracking
Assisting in Setting up Research Funding
Team Player
Can work independently or with minimal supervision
A challenge every day
Making a difference in the healthcare world to better care for patients and saving tax payer's money.
Alberta Health Services.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flex spending account
Cons: hours of work changed from date of hire - makes for a difficult commute
• Reporting directly to the Executive Director and Manager , while providing exceptional Administrative and organizational support to the Senior Consultant, Assistant Scientific Director, Two Senior Medical Directors, Project Manager .I also work closely and provide coverage with the Vice President and Executive Administrative Staff.
• Responsible for managing and the organization of the Executive Director and Manager's calendar’s, Email, and Voice mail
• Providing support and follow-up for key issues and meetings. Creating correspondence including editing and formatting of letters, memos and reports, ensuring that all outgoing materials are accurate in regards to spelling, grammar and sentence structure, while maintaining confidentiality
• Providing assistance with collation of briefing notes, statistical, budgetary, operational and audit materials
• Prepare meeting packages and ensuring background related material is available.
• Arranges all activities related to committee meetings including the preparation and sending out of meeting agendas
• Maintain a “bring-forward” database for assignments, meetings, action requests and projects to ensure timelines are met.
• Responsible for overseeing Financials and providing support to the Executive Director with completing individual employee payrolls, RMS, Management Reporting, Oracle and MarkView
• Point of contact for the program
program attendant
Program Attendant (Former Employee), St AlbertJuly 15, 2014
Developed a 12 week series of power point presentations for people with addictions. They focused on personal development in an aftercare setting.
productive place of work
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2014
Alberta Health Services is a large organization and is productive place of work
Excellent
Clerk IV (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 13, 2014
Great wages and benefits! Management usually good to work for.
Administrative Support (Temporary) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 4, 2014
I loved working with AHW but unfortunately they unable to hire permanently while I was working with them. My job with AHW started as a three week temporary assignment, which led to two years as a temporary employee. I loved every minute of it.
productive and supportive
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 21, 2014
I work in a team that is enthusiastic and supportive to each other and the clientele we serve. it is varied and crisis orientated.

The hardest part of the job sometimes is letting clients know that sometimes you cannot do anything fro them apart form listen and advise.

It is a very autonomous position with active support from management.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the unpredictability of assessments which helps me keep fresh and up to date with current evidence based practices and and clinical knowledge
Clean and respectable workplace environment
Coordinator - Administrative Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2014
* Great people (colleagues) to work with
* Challenging to coordinate calendars of doctors for meetings
Only worked here for very short time in contract position.
Contract Pharmacist (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 28, 2014
I worked on my own time according to deadlines and met with supervisors once weekly.
Enthusiastic and patient-focus Graduate Nurse with experiences in providing safe, competent and ethical nursing care
Graduate Nurse (Casual) - Medicine Float (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
Enthusiastic and patient-focused Graduate Nurse with background in critical care, acute care and general surgery seeking for an opportunity to secure job that will enhance my knowledge, skills and experiences in providing safe, compassionate, competent and ethical nursing care while considering clients’ life journey, and also in implementing nursing interventions which are aimed in improving patients ‘quality of life.
Amazing place, even better energy and company
Housekeeper - Casual (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2013
Pros: hours, coworkers, job description
As a housekeeper in a lot of work places you will often feel looked down upon, I never felt that at South Health Campus. Everyone in that building works incredibly hard to keep the positive energy and smiles flowing on every floor.
I worked days when I was at the hospital so between work and life it was easy to schedule my time accordingly
My duties included various tasks such as cleaning bathrooms, patient rooms, nurses stations, utility rooms, medicine rooms, and even the YMCA they have in the building.
Hardest part about the job had to be seeing patients I really cared for hurting (I worked a lot in the surgical unit so I got to a know a patient or two)
Best part of the job had to be my coworkers and the immense amounts of positive energy they brought to the table every day to keep me going even when completely exhausted.
Busy, fun, lots of learning moments
HCA (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: the clients
Cons: not enough hours to live on
I enjoy my job, i love working with the clients and group of home care people i work with. The reason for needing out and a different position is that a .4 shift is far from enough hours, so its time to venture out.