Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews in Canada

AHS is efficient but work place has a lot of politics.
coordinator (Current Employee) –  calgaryOctober 8, 2015
AHS is very good for public. But as an employee there are a lot of unwanted politics and gossips. I have come across a tonne of racist colleagues and I cannot take it anymore.So I decided to change jobs for peace of life.
It is all about the team
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 4, 2015
Everyone on the team had a passion for healthcare. We worked well and got the jobs done. The management and structure were great and I would recommend to anyone looking for employment.
Volunteering
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2015
Fun volunteering job
Help coordinator with what ever she needs help with
funnest part is gym activities
hardest part is having nothing to do and being bored
I just started volunteering so havent learned much yet
Pros
Genereal experience
Cons
Lots of standing around time
I worked very hard to accomplish much.
RN (Former Employee) –  Claresholm, ABSeptember 29, 2015
It was a good place to work and lots of job opportunities.
I found there were too much politics.
There were a lots conformity and some co-dependence.
A great opportunity to work in rural Alberta serving the needs of children
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Stettller, ABSeptember 23, 2015
The position provided a variety of experiences working with a wide variety of children with many different speech-language needs . The position provided great support in the schools with the educators and I had a super experience working with the educators and educational assistants in providing for the Speech-Language needs of the children. I learned a lot about work environment politics and dealing with difficult people( Manager and Speech-Language Assistants) not willing to support the Speech-Language Pathologist in charge. The most enjoyable part of my job was working directly with the children , educational assistants and teachers in the rural schools.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
Poor Management support and the politics
Dynamic environment
Contractor Security, Privacy, (Current Employee) –  edmontonSeptember 22, 2015
enjoyed the dynamic security and privacy environment. Enjoyed creating risk information standards based on industry best practices as well as standards based on the ISO 27799 and 27002 and 27001 standards
Dealing with patients
Accounts Receivable Clerk V (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2015
Work/ life balanced place for work. Some time challenging clients to deal with. Office colleagues were helpful and easy to deal with
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
management
great
LPN, Acute Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  albertaSeptember 8, 2015
great health care, small town staff. quality patient care
management is needed, help is needed. staff not welcoming to new comeres
my co-workers are excellent, knowledgable, professional, caring, will to help one another.
Registered Nurse - Out Patient Clinic Setting (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 6, 2015
Patients come first. There is continuity of care ,respect in all levels of supervisors and colleagues. In addition there is computer support, frequent educational in-services, updates of policies and procedures.
Good work environment
Operating Room Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2015
The AHS is a good place to work. Staff is fun and professional. Management lets us work independently. I wish the AHS did however have a daycare.
helping clients have a happy more productive day
HCA (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 22, 2015
a good place to work. pays well and its enjoyable caring for people. lots of walking on very hard floors. lots of politics. management is awful except for a very few.
Pros
pay is very good
Cons
never recognized
Fun and fruitful volunteer work
still volunteering (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AlbertaAugust 17, 2015
The volunteer hours is balanced for work and life. The lessons and experiences during volunteering are definitely worth it.
Productive and challenging job
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  University of Alberta /EdmontonAugust 13, 2015
Working with Alberta Health Services is a challenging and productive environment.I am able to show my full abilities and knowledge by applying what I learned from my school and training.Also I was able to learned so much working with other health care professionals.Co-workers and the management has been supportive in achieving a good and timely patient care.
Ever since working with my Alberta health Services has been an easy transition for me because everyone is always willing to give good advice and tips to make our working environment enjoyable.
Union takes to much money for nothing
Maintenance Worker IV (Current Employee) –  Claresholm, ABAugust 11, 2015
On paper I am paid well but after taxes, union dues and retirement fees i am making less than when I was apprenticeing. The upper management makes good money and the frontline workers make very little, and to AHS your just a number they dont appreciate you.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Pay
Productive Office
Clerk 111 - Outpatient Booking (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 5, 2015
Very fast-paced, productive office; the days just raced by! Enjoyable work! Lack of good training in department (so I put together a thorough training manual) and poor management, lacking in management skills.
Pros
variety and much to do
Cons
poor management
A somewhat acceptable experience
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2015
Organization was under a hiring freeze, no promotions, no salary increases for quite some time. While I had a very pleasant with my peers, management was absentee, unavailable, unresponsive, making it difficult to move forward with projects requiring approvals.
Pros
Trainer was very good
Great starting job
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, ABJuly 23, 2015
I started working at the hospital while i was still in high school. the student jobs are a great and easy way to earn money. once i was out of high school i got a full time job which was good to start until my boss retired and new management came in. everything started going downhill finally leading to myself quitting.
Pros
Great starting job
Cons
bad managment
Intake and Triage Therapist
Intake and Crisis Triage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, ABJuly 21, 2015
Wonderful work environment with excellent colleagues. Very good clinical supervision. This is a position that requires considerable clinical experience at it requires the therapist to deal with many kinds of clinical problems.
Pros
Good clinic environment
Cons
Poor management
Nice Job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie ABJuly 14, 2015
Awesome Job. Will grow your Maturity, Respect and especially when you see your job well done. Good management and team.
Pros
Supervisor are considerate
Cons
excellent service
Valuable organization to get involved with
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJuly 12, 2015
Good learning experience, busy fast paced environment to develop nursing practice. Wide variety of clients and co workers with varied job experience. Great benefits, union and pension plan.
Pros
experience
Cons
shift work