Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
dietary
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Claresholm, ABNovember 9, 2015
I enjoy working with all the staff and clients. The auxiliary is a nice place to work. Sometimes it would be nice to have more staffing.
AHS
Clerical Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2015
Huge responsibilities on a daily basis, 150 professionals coming and going. Hardest part of the job was adapting to the continuous changes daily and that was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Helping the sick and injiured
EMT in a HCA position (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Whether it's working on ambulance or working in the hospital, I do enjoy my line of work. On the ambulance I respond to all different types of 911 calls, and if the emergency calls for it, we transport to hospital.
In the hospital I an in a nurse aide position so I provide all the patient care, from toileting to helping them in and out of bed for meals. Sitting with them and having a conversation to sending them on their way home!
excellent place to work
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent staff
Cons: short on staff ;(
I really liked working here. Staff are really nice. It gets very very busy but all we can do is the best we can to our ability.
careful with political area
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Wonderful place to work, but be careful of the political area of things, can lead to problems. Loved the staff and patients, allways a new and different day.
It is very tough working for a union
Support Services (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Superviseing ourselves and a great 6am - 2pm shift
Cons: Union Job
The women I worked with were fun, upbeat, and enjoyed each others company. The job was very repetitive & had the continuous routine from one day to the next. We worked under our own supervision and could expect to see management on a
bi or tri -monthly basis. We made our job enjoyable and worked as a tight group to always get the work done & help each other out.
Working in a hospital is what you make of it. You can chose to go with the negative aspect or know that it is a job and choose to enjoy yourself. There were many morale issues that were never dealt with properly, and often you would notice adults treating each other like bullies with management standing by with their hands tied by the union.
I truly believe under the proper management without a union, most of these situations could of been dealt with promptly & properly.
EMT student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
All the coworkers are friendly and helpful. People just get each other's back at all time. The salary is reasonable. I learned a lot from other personnel how to do my job better.
AHS is efficient but work place has a lot of politics.
coordinator (Current Employee), calgaryOctober 8, 2015
AHS is very good for public. But as an employee there are a lot of unwanted politics and gossips. I have come across a tonne of racist colleagues and I cannot take it anymore.So I decided to change jobs for peace of life.
It is all about the team
Facilitator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 4, 2015
Everyone on the team had a passion for healthcare. We worked well and got the jobs done. The management and structure were great and I would recommend to anyone looking for employment.
Volunteering
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2015
Pros: Genereal experience
Cons: Lots of standing around time
Fun volunteering job
Help coordinator with what ever she needs help with
funnest part is gym activities
hardest part is having nothing to do and being bored
I just started volunteering so havent learned much yet
I worked very hard to accomplish much.
RN (Former Employee), Claresholm, ABSeptember 29, 2015
It was a good place to work and lots of job opportunities.
I found there were too much politics.
There were a lots conformity and some co-dependence.
A great opportunity to work in rural Alberta serving the needs of children
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Stettller, ABSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Working with the children
Cons: Poor Management support and the politics
The position provided a variety of experiences working with a wide variety of children with many different speech-language needs . The position provided great support in the schools with the educators and I had a super experience working with the educators and educational assistants in providing for the Speech-Language needs of the children. I learned a lot about work environment politics and dealing with difficult people( Manager and Speech-Language Assistants) not willing to support the Speech-Language Pathologist in charge. The most enjoyable part of my job was working directly with the children , educational assistants and teachers in the rural schools.
Dynamic environment
Contractor Security, Privacy, (Current Employee), edmontonSeptember 22, 2015
enjoyed the dynamic security and privacy environment. Enjoyed creating risk information standards based on industry best practices as well as standards based on the ISO 27799 and 27002 and 27001 standards
Dealing with patients
Accounts Receivable Clerk V (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance
Cons: management
Work/ life balanced place for work. Some time challenging clients to deal with. Office colleagues were helpful and easy to deal with
great
LPN, Acute Care Nurse (Former Employee), albertaSeptember 8, 2015
great health care, small town staff. quality patient care
management is needed, help is needed. staff not welcoming to new comeres
my co-workers are excellent, knowledgable, professional, caring, will to help one another.
Registered Nurse - Out Patient Clinic Setting (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 6, 2015
Patients come first. There is continuity of care ,respect in all levels of supervisors and colleagues. In addition there is computer support, frequent educational in-services, updates of policies and procedures.
Good work environment
Operating Room Service Worker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2015
The AHS is a good place to work. Staff is fun and professional. Management lets us work independently. I wish the AHS did however have a daycare.
helping clients have a happy more productive day
HCA (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABAugust 22, 2015
Pros: pay is very good
Cons: never recognized
a good place to work. pays well and its enjoyable caring for people. lots of walking on very hard floors. lots of politics. management is awful except for a very few.
Fun and fruitful volunteer work
still volunteering (Current Employee), Red Deer, AlbertaAugust 17, 2015
The volunteer hours is balanced for work and life. The lessons and experiences during volunteering are definitely worth it.
Productive and challenging job
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), University of Alberta /EdmontonAugust 13, 2015
Working with Alberta Health Services is a challenging and productive environment.I am able to show my full abilities and knowledge by applying what I learned from my school and training.Also I was able to learned so much working with other health care professionals.Co-workers and the management has been supportive in achieving a good and timely patient care.
Ever since working with my Alberta health Services has been an easy transition for me because everyone is always willing to give good advice and tips to make our working environment enjoyable.
Headquarters