Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Boring call centre job
Clerk IV for Alberta Health Link (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Management was ridiculous, she had no idea what she was doing. I felt chained to the desk with no freedom. I did not enjoy this job at all the only plus was the pay and benefits and pension.
Project Work
Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Worked on repatriation project to consolidate un-integrated accounting systems to Oracle. Included working with various teams to streamline processes.
Patient Care, fast paced
Service Worker I - Distribution Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Enjoy working at Rockyview Hospital, although there is no room for advancement. We deal with very confidential information with patients and are constantly on our feet all day.
Corporate Safety Advisor
Advisor, Workplace Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 2, 2016
Growing health and safety management system
Supportive management
Collaborative work with co-workers
I learned and increased my facilitation skills in training opportunities.
The hardest part of my job was finding ways to communicate with workers in a geographically diverse organization of 100,000 employees where English was a second language, technology was not consistent and there was involvement of unions and the public image.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Decision making by management was an extensive process
Corporate culture of fear and blame
Registration Specialist, Admin (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 1, 2016
HR allows/encourages bullying and human rights violations. Management is supported but front line workers are not. Empire-builders and the politically savvy succeed while honest, hard workers languish. Who you know and who you toady to determines success rather than hard work and honesty.
Its good work experience
pharmacy assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2015
Its a very busy work place, lots to learn and share, Always room for improvement and growth. Its a patient care environment, patients and their safety always come first for us at Alberta Health services.
It is very hard to find a work life balance
Rural Public Health Inspector (Current Employee) –  Olds, AlbertaDecember 11, 2015
As a Public Heath Inspector, it is very difficult to find a work life balance, however the management is typically very good.
I love to work health field, that's my passionate
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2015
I love my work environment , A nice place to work with nice people .
I am always happy. When I go to work & finish my work. The end of my day.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Fun and supportive colleagues. Fast paced, challenging and very exciting. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work and interact with so many people; always meeting new patients, family members and staff. Everyday I learned something new. Management is always helpful and supportive.
Pros
great benefits and wages
Challenging environment with exceptional colleagues
Citrix/AppV Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2015
My experience has been very good. I have attributed that to some members of the team I work for are excellent in the quality of their work, ability and expertise.
I have over 25 yrs experience and still enjoy my job.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB U of ANovember 26, 2015
• Flexible, organized, and detail orientated
• Mature and professional with high regard for confidentiality
• Tactful and resourceful when dealing with difficult situations
• Effectively handles work in a fast paced environment
• Can work independently and function well in a team environment

I enjoy working as a health care aide for alberta health services.
Diversified opportunities for nursing.
addiction network Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2015
Generally overall environment is Health Promotion focused. Many opportunities for nurses to work in many specialities.
Locksmith
Locksmith (Current Employee) –  AlbertaNovember 23, 2015
I look after 4 building doing the keys and master key system
Doors and so forth.
Give me great pleasure being part of a group being able to maintain part the building.
Pros
indoor steady work good job security
Cons
Money is less then commercail
great experience
Undergrad Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2015
I worked in the "flu immunization clinic" as an undergrad. The clinic was for AHS employee only. The training consist of theoretical knowledge, but they did not provide any practical training. The staff was great, met very friendly and experienced nurses. The hiring manager was very kind.
good place to work
Kitchen crew (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, ABNovember 20, 2015
Great people good job. management was good.
Learned a lot about the hospital, favorite part was visiting the units with the elderly
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Morinville, ABNovember 17, 2015
Shifts begin either at 0700 or at 1400, and the work is enjoyable. Both the tasks and the locations vary, which is pleasant for me because I am very flexible. Some days I am in the lodge administering medications and assisting clients with baths, and other days I am driving around the county to assist clients in the community, whether it be for bath assists or wound care. The hardest part of this job would have to be saying goodbye to my clients. In this line of work, you become almost like family, and when someone passes away, it can be difficult. The clients are the best part of my job. I love meeting new clients, visiting current clients, and getting to know their stories. I have always had home care in my home growing up as my mother was disabled. Being a part of a home care team comes second nature, and I very much love my job, which shows!
Pros
excellent pay, benefits
Cons
being casual, when there aren't any hours to work, can be discouraging
A great place to be
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 16, 2015
I love working for AHS! They are so accommodating to all situations.They are an equal opportunity employer with great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great management
Cons
labour intensive
dietary
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Claresholm, ABNovember 9, 2015
I enjoy working with all the staff and clients. The auxiliary is a nice place to work. Sometimes it would be nice to have more staffing.
AHS
Clerical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2015
Huge responsibilities on a daily basis, 150 professionals coming and going. Hardest part of the job was adapting to the continuous changes daily and that was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Helping the sick and injiured
EMT in a HCA position (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Whether it's working on ambulance or working in the hospital, I do enjoy my line of work. On the ambulance I respond to all different types of 911 calls, and if the emergency calls for it, we transport to hospital.
In the hospital I an in a nurse aide position so I provide all the patient care, from toileting to helping them in and out of bed for meals. Sitting with them and having a conversation to sending them on their way home!