Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
interactive healthcare
Support Staff (Clerk III) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: management
a very repetitive workday, but, very friendly and social. I had the opportunity to take classes and learn about record management.
Positive Work Environment
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 5, 2014
Pros: pay is excellent
Cons: shifts are very up and down, always different start times.
A very positive fun group of people who are easy going and hard working. Very team oriented! Everyone helps others achieve their goals for the day.
My job is worthwhile for me. But its only a short hour work. I need another shorter partime job.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 30, 2014
Pros: get together celebration on birthdays with co workers.
Cons: understaff but rare.
I've been working for 3 years in my regular job and I enjoyed it everyday.
The whole morning shift (6.5 hours) is systematically done according to feeding schedules of all assigned kids at school.
I learned to save time and efforts in finishing the daily task cheerfully without showing any hardship. I am happy doing my routines everyday.
The management – more... are reasonable. My colleagues are approachable and understanding in my part. Teamwork is great.
Some days are hard when there are emergency medical problems, but the Licenced Practical Nurse is there to solve the problem. Better work communication and teamwork makes our problem solved easier.
I really enjoyed working with the special kids. – less
Fast paced and busy environment
Distribution Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2014
Great atmosphere with many nice people who treat you as equals.
Fast paced environment keeping you on your feet during the whole shift.
Great wage and differentials for odd shifts
Educational
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: stressful
A good place to work good people and great hours weekends off
great management, team work and very happy environment overall
Clerk II & Clerk III (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: good salary and a lot of interaction with others
Cons: some shift work
I've worked with AHS for many years and thoroughly enjoyed my work. I am trying to get back into the system. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with others within the work space and with the public as well.
Fun at work
Clerk III, Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2014
A typical day at work was answering phones, creating work orders and closing work orders. Dispatching trades to required area. The hardest part about the job was working in a basement with no or anything :(
Communications and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2014
I am currently covering a MAT Leave position, and am looking for permanent employement.
Disappointing
Administrative Assistant - Secretarial Support (Former Employee), ABJune 4, 2014
Read previous review, very disappointed with organizational structure and lack of encouragement for professional growth for long term employees.
Great Pay
Unit Clerk and Clerk III (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
Lots of opportunities to find your niche, great benefits and pay!
I loved the hospital and staff I worked with. Being a LPN, there was little or no room for advancement although job security was great.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2014
My typical day at work: I worked shift work; days, evenings and nights. My shifts varied from 8 -12 hours, occasionally 16 hour shifts if we were understaffed due to sick calls. This was my first and only job I've ever had as a LPN.
What I learned in school was cemented while working at the Royal Alexandra Hospital.
Management: I had a few different – more... managers, they were all very understanding and kind to the staff.
The hardest part of the job was that nursing can be quite draining physically and mentally, even emotionally when there are deaths experienced first hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job: The people I met. Whether it was staff, patients or patient families. Its very much the people that make nursing enjoyable and rewarding. – less
Good start in AHS
Wound Intake Clerk IV (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2014
This was entry level position and I was able to move up quickly. Great people looking for you to succeed.
basic
Clerk III - Health Records Management (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 27, 2014
repetative tasks
steady work pace
I would rather not discuss this department of Alberta Health Services.
Good to work for
Service Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2014
Had to leave Alberta to be closer to family, made a lot of friends, to far to travel to see my grand kids.
Team Enviroment
Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Work was 8am-4/4:30pm Monday to Friday. I learned how to input data, as well as use of all their programs. We as co-workers would work as a team when needed to help finish the job on time. I enjoyed working with the staff, management was great!
During 2011-12, I was able to take many courses towards my continuing education.
Regional Supervisor, Data Collection (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2014
Pros: sense of humour to meet all the challenges
Cons: long hours
Multi-site coordination leading the workforce to stringent Turnaround Times (TATs) in data submissions. Approximately 660,000 visits per year were collected including inpatient, outpatient and some clinic information.
Human resources and administrative challenges with large workforce.
Project management skills for reporting new visits.
Leading audit – more... process to improve quality of data and improve patient care.
Most enjoyable part is talking one-on-one with the coding specialists.
Engaging and promoting continuing education with staff – less
Fun place to work
Title- Financial Analyst (Current Employee), calgaryApril 19, 2014
Would like to fill it in detail, later.....................................................................................................
productive and a ever changing work environment
Program Assistant (Clerk V) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2014
Pros: the staff.
Cons: room to grow your skills.
I review AHS as a good place to work. In my present job I have good co-workers who I would enjoy away from work. I have learned to be very flexible.
Job Security and a dynamic work environment .
Administrative Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: break and lunch time hours flexiable
Cons: your at you desk all day, would be more enjoyable if you could have a stand-up work station
A typical work day is coming in, greeting your team and getting to work on the tasks that need to be done for the day. The Team Lead will also delegate some tasks that my need to be a priority.
Any requested time off, is usually given with appropriate notice.
You can work independently and in a team environment. There is always the possibility to take – more... courses if you are interested as well.
Co-workers are easy to get along with as well. The hardest part of the job is once you do know your job, the learning comes to a stand still, that can be frustrating. Best part of the job, is being able to get out for a lunch time walk, and be still have your lunch at your desk. – less
EXcellent opportunities for advancement
Casual Staff Nurse, Day Medicine, FMC (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: excellent wage, union representation
Cons: not many interview opportunities despite abundance of open lines
Many jobs in many areas, however, sometimes difficult to even get called for an interview as a lot of internal hiring occurring

1 2 3 4 5

About Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services (AHS) is the single health authority for the Canadian province of Alberta. Alberta Health Services – Read more