Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews

Nice
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
Great company. I have two positions with AHS and is opened my mind to health care. There are opportunities for advancement. Multicultural environment.
great co-workers
Unit Clerk, admin support, clerical medical (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 September 2017
I had a wonderful time during the last 5 and half years with AHS
managers were very involved
my co-workers were amazing and very helpful
very informative
Pros
great campany to work for, great benefits lots of room to grow
Cons
long hrs
Good pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB6 September 2017
helpful HR department. Good work life balance. excellent hours. good company to work for in general. temporary positions not overly stable for providing option to continue.
Great job, inconsistent management.
IT Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2017
I really enjoyed working for AHS until a management change occurred and our new manager shifted our teams priority to more maintenance over development.
Patient Food Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta31 August 2017
I enjoyed my time working for AHS. The work load was manageable, the pay was good, and working in Management was transparent. I was able to make my own decisions which were supported, and I felt that they valued me as an employee. Great for continuing education opportunities, I was able to attend many valuable courses which they paid for while I worked there.
Pros
Room for growth and advancement
Cons
Hard to secure a permanent position
great
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fairview, AB31 August 2017
it is great working here......................everyone's very helpful and there is lots to learn here ........ its quite fast paced here ........I learned a lot here
No advancement or guidance in the workplace
Nutrition and Food Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
For a recent university graduate, there is minimal opportunity on hospital site to gain a position, pay raise or benefits. There is not structure in the department and minimal guidance of a person new to the work force. The whole company is based on money, therefore employees, patients and life outside of work suffer.
Good job security and lots of benefits
Environmental II (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 August 2017
Job security & benefits very good, promotes team work. You benefit a lot on the in-house training. Readily available information on safety, and patient care.
Very busy work place with wonderful staff.
"Envirnonmental Services Worker" (Current Employee) –  Valleyview, AB22 August 2017
I learned so much about housekeeping. I loved my bosses they were extremely helpful in so many cases. I really enjoyed working here. Great place to get started in housekeeping.
repetitive but rewarding
Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
As a service worker your job is repetitive. You stock the same shelves day in and day out. Yet it is reward because of the people that you come across. It is the patients that say hello or it is you that they need you to say hello. It is the daily contact that makes everyday rewarding.
Pros
Always around people
Cons
poor management
High paced provincial role.
Director (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 August 2017
Provincial Director responsible for business support and development for Environmental and Linen Services. The role required close relationship management with the Vice President and an array of senior leadership teams including the Chief Executive Officer. I contributed to the build and development of strategies for the portfolio including the management of provincial initiatives
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Rimbey, AB3 August 2017
Wonderful and progressive organization to work for

Even though its very large it is organized better than my last employer

We get frequent communications from the CEO which is very appreciated
Pros
IT System, Staff
Cons
Large organization and soemtimes loses touch with communities
As stated below generally satisfied with current position- but would like to expand my scope of practice
Registered Nurse (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Emergency Department Foothills medical center31 July 2017
Generally satisfied with my work life and current position. There are times when it can be frustrating to work In The ER due to patient volume, lack of beds, lack of staff resulting in the inability to provide care that each patient deserves.
Pros
A life long learning environment
Cons
Inability to provide care that each individual patient deserves on a consistent basis
Great people to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2017
Need more staff on our unit for the heavy patient load. Not fair to the patients that we feel rushed doing every task and cannot take the time to actually talk and be there for them.
Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2017
The company had great pay and benefits. Management varied from caring and helpful to absent. You have to ability to move up if you work hard. I got to experience many locations with my position and morale was always pretty high which really makes the workplace pleasant.
Typical RN Position
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
Full time position is as you would expect. Lots of hours, good pay but you do lose your life in some ways due to the nature of the shift work and long shifts. Good job overall.
Pros
Good pay, helping people.
Cons
Long hours, shift work.
fantastic
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheldon Chumir M Hemodialysis Centre14 July 2017
fast pace type of job on day shifts but very fulfilling, a lot to learn, Management is awesome, very welcoming environment. Some new things to learn is the hardest part but I enjoy learning all the new tasks.
Pros
continuing education
Cons
nothing much
no summary
Maintenance worker III (Current Employee) –  Barrhead, AB5 July 2017
There is things I like about the company but I believe there is a lot of money wasted at the top and not enough put into real man power. Too much time spent on paperwork.
Stressful
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 July 2017
Stressful place to work. I found that it can be a lot like a high school with cliques and gossip, lots of linear oppression. I didn't have the backbone for it, really good learning experience though. Long hours, but good wages.
Productive Work Place
Administrative Support-Casual (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 June 2017
Excellent education programs available
Benefits are good
Job Description is very specific
Staff are very customer service oriented
Patient Family Centred care is the focus
Pros
Job Description is very specific
Cons
Permanent Employment Status-very competitive to reach as a goal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.