Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Always Changing
Secretary II (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Despite all the changes it is still a decent place to work. Management does their best to keep up with all the changes.
Co-workers are usually great to work with. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes and adjusting to them.
Boring call centre job
Clerk IV for Alberta Health Link (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Management was ridiculous, she had no idea what she was doing. I felt chained to the desk with no freedom. I did not enjoy this job at all the only plus was the pay and benefits and pension.
Project Work
Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Worked on repatriation project to consolidate un-integrated accounting systems to Oracle. Included working with various teams to streamline processes.
It is very hard to find a work life balance
Rural Public Health Inspector (Current Employee), Olds, AlbertaDecember 11, 2015
As a Public Heath Inspector, it is very difficult to find a work life balance, however the management is typically very good.
I love to work health field, that's my passionate
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), South Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2015
I love my work environment , A nice place to work with nice people .
I am always happy. When I go to work & finish my work. The end of my day.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: great benefits and wages
Fun and supportive colleagues. Fast paced, challenging and very exciting. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work and interact with so many people; always meeting new patients, family members and staff. Everyday I learned something new. Management is always helpful and supportive.
I have over 25 yrs experience and still enjoy my job.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB U of ANovember 26, 2015
• Flexible, organized, and detail orientated
• Mature and professional with high regard for confidentiality
• Tactful and resourceful when dealing with difficult situations
• Effectively handles work in a fast paced environment
• Can work independently and function well in a team environment

I enjoy working as a health care aide for alberta health services.
Diversified opportunities for nursing.
addiction network Team Leader (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2015
Generally overall environment is Health Promotion focused. Many opportunities for nurses to work in many specialities.
Locksmith
Locksmith (Current Employee), AlbertaNovember 23, 2015
Pros: indoor steady work good job security
Cons: Money is less then commercail
I look after 4 building doing the keys and master key system
Doors and so forth.
Give me great pleasure being part of a group being able to maintain part the building.
great experience
Undergrad Nurse (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2015
I worked in the "flu immunization clinic" as an undergrad. The clinic was for AHS employee only. The training consist of theoretical knowledge, but they did not provide any practical training. The staff was great, met very friendly and experienced nurses. The hiring manager was very kind.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Morinville, ABNovember 17, 2015
Pros: excellent pay, benefits
Cons: being casual, when there aren't any hours to work, can be discouraging
Shifts begin either at 0700 or at 1400, and the work is enjoyable. Both the tasks and the locations vary, which is pleasant for me because I am very flexible. Some days I am in the lodge administering medications and assisting clients with baths, and other days I am driving around the county to assist clients in the community, whether it be for bath assists or wound care. The hardest part of this job would have to be saying goodbye to my clients. In this line of work, you become almost like family, and when someone passes away, it can be difficult. The clients are the best part of my job. I love meeting new clients, visiting current clients, and getting to know their stories. I have always had home care in my home growing up as my mother was disabled. Being a part of a home care team comes second nature, and I very much love my job, which shows!
A great place to be
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: labour intensive
I love working for AHS! They are so accommodating to all situations.They are an equal opportunity employer with great pay and benefits.
dietary
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee), Claresholm, ABNovember 9, 2015
I enjoy working with all the staff and clients. The auxiliary is a nice place to work. Sometimes it would be nice to have more staffing.
AHS
Clerical Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2015
Huge responsibilities on a daily basis, 150 professionals coming and going. Hardest part of the job was adapting to the continuous changes daily and that was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
excellent place to work
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Excellent staff
Cons: short on staff ;(
I really liked working here. Staff are really nice. It gets very very busy but all we can do is the best we can to our ability.
careful with political area
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Wonderful place to work, but be careful of the political area of things, can lead to problems. Loved the staff and patients, allways a new and different day.
It is very tough working for a union
Support Services (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Superviseing ourselves and a great 6am - 2pm shift
Cons: Union Job
The women I worked with were fun, upbeat, and enjoyed each others company. The job was very repetitive & had the continuous routine from one day to the next. We worked under our own supervision and could expect to see management on a
bi or tri -monthly basis. We made our job enjoyable and worked as a tight group to always get the work done & help each other out.
Working in a hospital is what you make of it. You can chose to go with the negative aspect or know that it is a job and choose to enjoy yourself. There were many morale issues that were never dealt with properly, and often you would notice adults treating each other like bullies with management standing by with their hands tied by the union.
I truly believe under the proper management without a union, most of these situations could of been dealt with promptly & properly.
EMT student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
All the coworkers are friendly and helpful. People just get each other's back at all time. The salary is reasonable. I learned a lot from other personnel how to do my job better.
AHS is efficient but work place has a lot of politics.
coordinator (Current Employee), calgaryOctober 8, 2015
AHS is very good for public. But as an employee there are a lot of unwanted politics and gossips. I have come across a tonne of racist colleagues and I cannot take it anymore.So I decided to change jobs for peace of life.
Volunteering
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2015
Pros: Genereal experience
Cons: Lots of standing around time
Fun volunteering job
Help coordinator with what ever she needs help with
funnest part is gym activities
hardest part is having nothing to do and being bored
I just started volunteering so havent learned much yet
Headquarters