Alberta Health Services Employee Review

View all Alberta Health Services reviews

rewarding place to work
Manager Linen Services, East Central (Current Employee) –  Ponoka, AB18 November 2013
Enjoy working with Support Service. Linen has been a fast pace learning enviorment.
Pros
ability to contribute to Health System

Other Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews

Fun, Fast pace environment is needed
Grande Prairie-Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 December 2017
A typical day at work involves fun,upbeat team of people who constantly work together.
I constantly learn new things while working however i have learned that the most important thing about this job is how much you care about your clients or residents.
I enjoy the amount of cultural diversity between staff and clients or residents and getting to learn about it.
The hardest part of my job is making a connection with people and not being able to become attached
The most enjoyable part if my job is knowing no matter what i do for my clients it makes them happy, and sometimes makes them feel like a person again. The best thing is their satisfaction with me.
Great people to work along side.
MAINTENANCE WORKER III (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2017
A typical day starts at 8:00 am and in a hospital work environment you day to day constantly changes E.g. One day you could be changing filters in air handling units and the next day you could be fixing and cleaning induction units in rooms.

I personally learned a number of things working within AHS such as;

Monitoring fire dampers to make sure when they were tested that they closed and opened properly.

How to troubleshoot and identify minor issues with AHU (air handling units)
Pros
The people I have had the pleasure of working with
Cons
Long wait for FTE (full time employment)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.