Alberta Health Services Employee Review

View all Alberta Health Services reviews

While Frontline staff are awesome and take great pride in their work, AHS is a hierarchical and generally dysfunctional organization
RN (Former Employee) –  Chinook Health Region13 October 2013
Management and Human Resources say they are about recruitment and retention when in fact they are the cause of attrition. I worked for AHS for 10 years, in several different environments, many were filled with harassment and bullying but little is done even though both AHS, and UNA have policies to deal with it. Managers are not trained in leadership and are often behind the dysfunction. The best manager with the happiest workplace I have worked in was let go because manager butted heads with middle management. They find something that will stick and then run with it, and are not afraid to ruin your reputation and your career.
I miss the people that I worked with and the patients but I do not miss the politics and the manipulation.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Lack of leadership, lack of integrity, lack of care towards staff.

Other Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews

good staff to work with
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB17 February 2018
Good place to work, Home care with a variety of client needs. Wonderful people to work with. The job was cancelled when alberta health care got out of home care business.
Excelent work enviorment.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB17 February 2018
I enjoy my work and clients. The best part of my job is caring for the seniors. It's all about quality of care. I have learned to put myself in my clients shoes and be able to relate to how they feel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.