Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews

great team work and approach to holistic care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2017
I love my job and the people that I work with. I do wish that there was more time for patient care and not the forms needed for accreditation of the hospitals.
Pros
staff support and training
Cons
unpaid training and overtime
Physically Demanding
Environmentalist II (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB17 October 2017
Alberta Health Services was a very hard and demanding role but proved to be worthwhile. It was satisfying working with and helping the sick, the seniors and other co-workers. It offers a great support team with team work.
Challenging and encouraging workplace
Psychiatric Aide (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB15 October 2017
Interesting work
Opportunities to learn and advance career
Staff are very knowledgeable and encouraging for you to ask questions and be engaged with your work ; work is challenging; no two days are the same
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Shift work
Workplace culture
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
Its interesting place to work for. Lots of different cultures and backgrounds. Lots of nice people. Lots of room to learn and grow due tot he size of the company.
A respectable work place.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
Alberta Health Services, was a respectable work place with wonderful management and the team had great work ethics. The co-act way with white bored and bedside shift report is a very good way to get a rapport with your patients.
Fun and Learning work place.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2017
It ls a good workplace to be. I learned a lot from my coworkers, Doctors and even with the patient. It enhanced my skills as a medical office assistant.
decent, if you can get in
Medical Office Assistant, Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2017
once your in your in, but trying to get in by your self without an "in" is nearly impossible.
they post jobs knowing they already have someone in mind but because of the union they need to interview at least 3 people. again even if they know they are going to hire you outright.
Pros
positive work atmosphere
Cons
near impossible to get in
Striving to help clients and keeping them healthy
Administrative Support III (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2017
Typical day at work consists of greeting clients, booking appointments and prepping charts. Liaising with the clients and understanding their needs. Assisting nurses with clients profile and referrals if needed.
Decent place
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
A good organization to work for. If you have to move with in the province you can usually take your seniority with you and find another position elsewhere. I have worked for them ten plus years in GSS and my salary has doubled since I started..
Pros
breaks are usually on time
Cons
sometimes too many calls from staffing
Alberta Health Services Is Amazing to work for
Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB2 October 2017
Alberta Health Services is an amazing company to work for they always go over and beyond for their employees. They have great benefits as well as do alot for the community
Productive and fast paced
LPN (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2017
I love working for the alberta childrens hospital! I thoroughly enjoy working with the interdisciplinary team in order to provide the best care for my patients. Always learning new things.
Enjoy working there
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2017
I learned a lot working in AHS. I gained most of my pharmacy experience working for AHS. i know how to order entry, dispense, compound, and narcotic count, and unit dose checking.
Provides a critical service to the public
Surgical Processor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2017
A challenging work place. Shift work schedules. Fast paced. All jobs require high level of interaction with customers and co-workers. Responsibility for client health and life outcomes create work pressure and stress. You can experience a high level of confidence and personal achievement from a job well done in return.
Pros
Good work benefits and job security.
Cons
Shift work and limited advancment options.
Good place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
Alberta Health Services is a wonderful place to learn and grow your practice. There are not many opportunities for advancement. There are not many positions available. Areas are over hired and shifts are hard to come by making it difficult to accelerate learning and improve skills.
Teamwork
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 September 2017
Work in a team oriented environment with various designations.
Responsible for doing constants and working on multiple floors within the hospital setting.
Great if you can get ft or pt
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Macleod, AB23 September 2017
AHS is good and progressive place to work. The challenging part for me was that I had a casual lab assistant position. Casual is really feast or famine. As a lab assistant the techs expect you to work the fast paced environment like a ft or pt person would. This can be challenging when you only work once or twice in three months? There are no benefits unless you get into a pt or ft position. You only get a raise with union as casual because you don't have enough hours to bring to the table for raises. As casual you do not qualify for benefits.
Pros
great job when you have pt or ft
Cons
casual position is hard to get anywhere, no benefits
Nice
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
Great company. I have two positions with AHS and is opened my mind to health care. There are opportunities for advancement. Multicultural environment.
great co-workers
Unit Clerk, admin support, clerical medical (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 September 2017
I had a wonderful time during the last 5 and half years with AHS
managers were very involved
my co-workers were amazing and very helpful
very informative
Pros
great campany to work for, great benefits lots of room to grow
Cons
long hrs
Good pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB6 September 2017
helpful HR department. Good work life balance. excellent hours. good company to work for in general. temporary positions not overly stable for providing option to continue.
Great job, inconsistent management.
IT Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2017
I really enjoyed working for AHS until a management change occurred and our new manager shifted our teams priority to more maintenance over development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.