Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Always learning in the workplace
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
Working in a hospital setting is a great place to learn and improve many skills. Things can change as fast as the weather, so you must always be alert and on your toes.
Working with children 5 days a week is a great time to let your inner child out.
Clerk 3 Ahs
Clerk III (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work, did basic admin task in a medical clinic, Booking appointments, scheduling doctors checking patients in and out.
Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Responder (Current Employee), Oyen, ABOctober 6, 2014
Respond to 911 calls
Public and safety meetings
Hospital rounds
Away from home
Love the ambulance
Amazing people to work for, so dedicated.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many projects on the go.
Amazing people work at AHS! They are truly dedicated to finding better ways of making you better. The hard part is the public doesn't get a chance to hear or see what is really going on. I do truly belive they would be impressed with all of the things going on behind the sceens. We may not be on the front line, but our goal is the same, to give every
Albertan – more... the best health care in the world. – less
Fun and productive workplacewith a team environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), CalgarySeptember 17, 2014
I go into work and check my e-mail to make sure that I don't miss any important messages from my manager and supervisors. From another office I will upload and scan invoices coming in through e-mail to mark view. Then Ill go to the mail room and pick up the A/P, A/R, and other financial department bins for internal mail. I will also grab the Edmonton – more... and Red Deer courier boxes. I sort all the internal and courier invoices and count them separately. Ill distribute the mail to different people and teams in my department. There are 1000+ invoices sometimes. Ill enter all of this data into our excel spreadsheet. I enjoy having a team environment with cubicles being close together. My co-workers are patient and friendly. To be continued..... – less
Interesting and fast paced environment
Clerk IV - Staffing/Payroll (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: your never bored!
Cons: it can be overwhelming.
A typical day at work starts off running! Answering phones, emails and staff questions regarding payroll, shifts and contractual agreements. Interacting with many types of personalities and staff has been very rewarding. Each day is very busy and challenging but the staff and co workers make coming back the next day easy.
A very professional and fun organized workplace with excellent staff
Cook 1, Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Hardisty, ABSeptember 3, 2014
I have always had a positive experience working with Alberta Health Services.
I have had many positions,and I found the most enjoyable part of the job was friendly helpful co-workers.
The residents and the staff
Food Services 1 (Current Employee), Didsbury, ABAugust 22, 2014
Pros: wage
Cons: getting to know the seniors
Cleaning, Serving meal and preparing meals.and preparing nutrition snacks, thicking juices, different types of diets.restocking units.
What I learned is different diets. nutrition food and snacks and measure good food intake.
Management need work
The coworker were coworkers
There wasn't anything about this job that was hard.
Most enjoyable part of the – more... job was to work with staff in different department and working and getting to know all the residents – less
Awesome place to work
Clerk III (Former Employee), Grande Cache, ABAugust 14, 2014
Loved this job, work was fast paced and interesting. good salary and dedicated managers
Love to work in Hospice
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary,AlbertaAugust 10, 2014
Taking care of end of life patient. I learned how to value life, family and friends.The hardest part of my job is to get attach with the patience
Well run
Unit Clerk Emerg /Acute/Continuing Care/X-Ray (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABAugust 9, 2014
I enjoyed the fact that i was looked at for my ability not just my certificates. I was able to train on the job for other things and enjoyed that I was treated as part of a team. I made some friends along the way and still remain in contact with them.
Jobs are not challenging enough
Clerk III (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: working great hours.
Cons: co-workers have no ambition.
At at typical day at work I feel I am not challenged enough. Having so much job security allows other people to not strive to do the best that they can do in their everyday tasks. I like that I have job security for people like myself who work hard at what I do, and I also like having full benefits. Trying to grow within a department can be difficult.
enjoyable place to work, good wages
Clerk V/ Unit Clerk/ Registration Clerk (Current Employee), High River, ABAugust 1, 2014
Very challenging job
Great co-workers
Hardest part is getting people to answer their telephones when calling them to come to work
interactive healthcare
Support Staff (Clerk III) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: management
a very repetitive workday, but, very friendly and social. I had the opportunity to take classes and learn about record management.
Supportive and flexible
FAMILY SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
I enjoy working at AHS. My manager is extremely supportive, approachable and flexible.
Positive Work Environment
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 5, 2014
Pros: pay is excellent
Cons: shifts are very up and down, always different start times.
A very positive fun group of people who are easy going and hard working. Very team oriented! Everyone helps others achieve their goals for the day.
My job is worthwhile for me. But its only a short hour work. I need another shorter partime job.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 30, 2014
Pros: get together celebration on birthdays with co workers.
Cons: understaff but rare.
I've been working for 3 years in my regular job and I enjoyed it everyday.
The whole morning shift (6.5 hours) is systematically done according to feeding schedules of all assigned kids at school.
I learned to save time and efforts in finishing the daily task cheerfully without showing any hardship. I am happy doing my routines everyday.
The management – more... are reasonable. My colleagues are approachable and understanding in my part. Teamwork is great.
Some days are hard when there are emergency medical problems, but the Licenced Practical Nurse is there to solve the problem. Better work communication and teamwork makes our problem solved easier.
I really enjoyed working with the special kids. – less
Fast paced and busy environment
Distribution Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2014
Great atmosphere with many nice people who treat you as equals.
Fast paced environment keeping you on your feet during the whole shift.
Great wage and differentials for odd shifts
Educational
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: stressful
A good place to work good people and great hours weekends off
great management, team work and very happy environment overall
Clerk II & Clerk III (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: good salary and a lot of interaction with others
Cons: some shift work
I've worked with AHS for many years and thoroughly enjoyed my work. I am trying to get back into the system. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with others within the work space and with the public as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Alberta Health Services

We are the skilled and dedicated health professionals, support staff, volunteers and physicians who promote wellness and provide – Read more

Alberta Health Services Photos