Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work, with good management support.
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2014
Opportunities for advancement, and a wide variety of people, skillsets and demographics.

Excellent location.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2014
I learned how to handled diverse and difficult people with less stress and more understanding. I demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work co-operatively in the interest of better satisfaction. I developed strategies to resolve conflict for group collaboration and better relationship.
Productive work environment.
Occupational Therapist — Dementia Care Team (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 15, 2014
Enjoyable experience with an excellent team and management.
Great life lessons and learning
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, unionized, smart coworkers
Cons: patients can be stressful, hard to become an employee initially
I have nothing but good things to say about AHS: they are unionize, pay well, hours are fair.

Coworkers very friendly: most ppl worked great as a team.
Enjoyed Christmas staff party and staff birthday parties as well as resident parties and doing recreational activites with them
Nursing Attendant (Former Employee), Hythe, ABNovember 3, 2014
Pros: working with great co-workers and loved caring for the elderly
Cons: long hours (12 hours) shift and weekend work
Loved working with the elderly and enjoyed the new experiences and what I've learned from this. Enjoyed the laughter shared amongst the co-workers and made the day go by quickly. Although now I find I no longer enjoy the 12 hour shifts or weekend shifts.
Always learning in the workplace
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
Working in a hospital setting is a great place to learn and improve many skills. Things can change as fast as the weather, so you must always be alert and on your toes.
Working with children 5 days a week is a great time to let your inner child out.
Clerk 3 Ahs
Clerk III (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2014
Great place to work, did basic admin task in a medical clinic, Booking appointments, scheduling doctors checking patients in and out.
Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Medical Responder (Current Employee), Oyen, ABOctober 6, 2014
Respond to 911 calls
Public and safety meetings
Hospital rounds
Away from home
Love the ambulance
Amazing people to work for, so dedicated.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too many projects on the go.
Amazing people work at AHS! They are truly dedicated to finding better ways of making you better. The hard part is the public doesn't get a chance to hear or see what is really going on. I do truly belive they would be impressed with all of the things going on behind the sceens. We may not be on the front line, but our goal is the same, to give every
Albertan – more... the best health care in the world. – less
Fun and productive workplacewith a team environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), CalgarySeptember 17, 2014
I go into work and check my e-mail to make sure that I don't miss any important messages from my manager and supervisors. From another office I will upload and scan invoices coming in through e-mail to mark view. Then Ill go to the mail room and pick up the A/P, A/R, and other financial department bins for internal mail. I will also grab the Edmonton – more... and Red Deer courier boxes. I sort all the internal and courier invoices and count them separately. Ill distribute the mail to different people and teams in my department. There are 1000+ invoices sometimes. Ill enter all of this data into our excel spreadsheet. I enjoy having a team environment with cubicles being close together. My co-workers are patient and friendly. To be continued..... – less
Interesting and fast paced environment
Clerk IV - Staffing/Payroll (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: your never bored!
Cons: it can be overwhelming.
A typical day at work starts off running! Answering phones, emails and staff questions regarding payroll, shifts and contractual agreements. Interacting with many types of personalities and staff has been very rewarding. Each day is very busy and challenging but the staff and co workers make coming back the next day easy.
A very professional and fun organized workplace with excellent staff
Cook 1, Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Hardisty, ABSeptember 3, 2014
I have always had a positive experience working with Alberta Health Services.
I have had many positions,and I found the most enjoyable part of the job was friendly helpful co-workers.
The residents and the staff
Food Services 1 (Current Employee), Didsbury, ABAugust 22, 2014
Pros: wage
Cons: getting to know the seniors
Cleaning, Serving meal and preparing meals.and preparing nutrition snacks, thicking juices, different types of diets.restocking units.
What I learned is different diets. nutrition food and snacks and measure good food intake.
Management need work
The coworker were coworkers
There wasn't anything about this job that was hard.
Most enjoyable part of the – more... job was to work with staff in different department and working and getting to know all the residents – less
Awesome place to work
Clerk III (Former Employee), Grande Cache, ABAugust 14, 2014
Loved this job, work was fast paced and interesting. good salary and dedicated managers
Love to work in Hospice
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary,AlbertaAugust 10, 2014
Taking care of end of life patient. I learned how to value life, family and friends.The hardest part of my job is to get attach with the patience
Well run
Unit Clerk Emerg /Acute/Continuing Care/X-Ray (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABAugust 9, 2014
I enjoyed the fact that i was looked at for my ability not just my certificates. I was able to train on the job for other things and enjoyed that I was treated as part of a team. I made some friends along the way and still remain in contact with them.
Jobs are not challenging enough
Clerk III (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: working great hours.
Cons: co-workers have no ambition.
At at typical day at work I feel I am not challenged enough. Having so much job security allows other people to not strive to do the best that they can do in their everyday tasks. I like that I have job security for people like myself who work hard at what I do, and I also like having full benefits. Trying to grow within a department can be difficult.
enjoyable place to work, good wages
Clerk V/ Unit Clerk/ Registration Clerk (Current Employee), High River, ABAugust 1, 2014
Very challenging job
Great co-workers
Hardest part is getting people to answer their telephones when calling them to come to work
interactive healthcare
Support Staff (Clerk III) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: management
a very repetitive workday, but, very friendly and social. I had the opportunity to take classes and learn about record management.
Supportive and flexible
FAMILY SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
I enjoy working at AHS. My manager is extremely supportive, approachable and flexible.

1 2 3 4 5

About Alberta Health Services

We are the skilled and dedicated health professionals, support staff, volunteers and physicians who promote wellness and provide – Read more

Alberta Health Services Photos