Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work
Clerk III (Former Employee), Grande Cache, ABAugust 14, 2014
Loved this job, work was fast paced and interesting. good salary and dedicated managers
Love to work in Hospice
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary,AlbertaAugust 10, 2014
Taking care of end of life patient. I learned how to value life, family and friends.The hardest part of my job is to get attach with the patience
Well run
Unit Clerk Emerg /Acute/Continuing Care/X-Ray (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABAugust 9, 2014
I enjoyed the fact that i was looked at for my ability not just my certificates. I was able to train on the job for other things and enjoyed that I was treated as part of a team. I made some friends along the way and still remain in contact with them.
Jobs are not challenging enough
Clerk III (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: working great hours.
Cons: co-workers have no ambition.
At at typical day at work I feel I am not challenged enough. Having so much job security allows other people to not strive to do the best that they can do in their everyday tasks. I like that I have job security for people like myself who work hard at what I do, and I also like having full benefits. Trying to grow within a department can be difficult.
enjoyable place to work, good wages
Clerk V/ Unit Clerk/ Registration Clerk (Current Employee), High River, ABAugust 1, 2014
Very challenging job
Great co-workers
Hardest part is getting people to answer their telephones when calling them to come to work
interactive healthcare
Support Staff (Clerk III) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: management
a very repetitive workday, but, very friendly and social. I had the opportunity to take classes and learn about record management.
Supportive and flexible
FAMILY SUPPORT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 7, 2014
I enjoy working at AHS. My manager is extremely supportive, approachable and flexible.
Positive Work Environment
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 5, 2014
Pros: pay is excellent
Cons: shifts are very up and down, always different start times.
A very positive fun group of people who are easy going and hard working. Very team oriented! Everyone helps others achieve their goals for the day.
My job is worthwhile for me. But its only a short hour work. I need another shorter partime job.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 30, 2014
Pros: get together celebration on birthdays with co workers.
Cons: understaff but rare.
I've been working for 3 years in my regular job and I enjoyed it everyday.
The whole morning shift (6.5 hours) is systematically done according to feeding schedules of all assigned kids at school.
I learned to save time and efforts in finishing the daily task cheerfully without showing any hardship. I am happy doing my routines everyday.
The management – more... are reasonable. My colleagues are approachable and understanding in my part. Teamwork is great.
Some days are hard when there are emergency medical problems, but the Licenced Practical Nurse is there to solve the problem. Better work communication and teamwork makes our problem solved easier.
I really enjoyed working with the special kids. – less
Fast paced and busy environment
Distribution Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2014
Great atmosphere with many nice people who treat you as equals.
Fast paced environment keeping you on your feet during the whole shift.
Great wage and differentials for odd shifts
Educational
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: stressful
A good place to work good people and great hours weekends off
great management, team work and very happy environment overall
Clerk II & Clerk III (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: good salary and a lot of interaction with others
Cons: some shift work
I've worked with AHS for many years and thoroughly enjoyed my work. I am trying to get back into the system. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with others within the work space and with the public as well.
Fun at work
Clerk III, Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2014
A typical day at work was answering phones, creating work orders and closing work orders. Dispatching trades to required area. The hardest part about the job was working in a basement with no or anything :(
Communications and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2014
I am currently covering a MAT Leave position, and am looking for permanent employement.
Disappointing
Administrative Assistant - Secretarial Support (Former Employee), ABJune 4, 2014
Read previous review, very disappointed with organizational structure and lack of encouragement for professional growth for long term employees.
Great Pay
Unit Clerk and Clerk III (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
Lots of opportunities to find your niche, great benefits and pay!
I loved the hospital and staff I worked with. Being a LPN, there was little or no room for advancement although job security was great.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2014
My typical day at work: I worked shift work; days, evenings and nights. My shifts varied from 8 -12 hours, occasionally 16 hour shifts if we were understaffed due to sick calls. This was my first and only job I've ever had as a LPN.
What I learned in school was cemented while working at the Royal Alexandra Hospital.
Management: I had a few different – more... managers, they were all very understanding and kind to the staff.
The hardest part of the job was that nursing can be quite draining physically and mentally, even emotionally when there are deaths experienced first hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job: The people I met. Whether it was staff, patients or patient families. Its very much the people that make nursing enjoyable and rewarding. – less
Good start in AHS
Wound Intake Clerk IV (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2014
This was entry level position and I was able to move up quickly. Great people looking for you to succeed.
basic
Clerk III - Health Records Management (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 27, 2014
repetative tasks
steady work pace
I would rather not discuss this department of Alberta Health Services.
Good to work for
Service Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 5, 2014
Had to leave Alberta to be closer to family, made a lot of friends, to far to travel to see my grand kids.

1 2 3 4 5

About Alberta Health Services

We are the skilled and dedicated health professionals, support staff, volunteers and physicians who promote wellness and provide – Read more

Alberta Health Services Photos