Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission

Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission Employee Reviews

Great place for sheep
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2017
If you enjoy blindly follow the sheep, this is a place for you. Don't speak up, don't innovate, don't question authority and you'll have a secure job for life. This is a normal government facility with regular pros and cons.
Pros
Job security, free parking, good pay
Cons
Terribly slow internet with tons of restrictions
Keep looking elsewhere
Employee (Current Employee) –  Alberta25 July 2017
This position constantly changes in the delivery and management of your particular area...often without seeking input from the employees. Very little support.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Numerous unpaid hours
Never the same day twice.
Hot Line Operator / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
Very interesting job always something new to learn since things are always changing. Very busy call centre environment, shift work was sometimes difficult.
Pros
Always Learning
Cons
Shift work
Physical work, great group of colleges
Warehouse Operational Support (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB14 January 2017
Worked Basing and topping VLTs for a bit, very physical work, but the coworkers made it worth the while. Had the odd pizza party at lunch, overall it was a fun place to work
Pros
People, Pay
Excellent job
Casual Liquor Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 December 2016
I would get to work and we'd start by getting any paperwork done until senior inspectors were ready to go do inspections. We'd then all get into a company vehicle and drive to the locations. I learned how to better write paperwork and how to be perceptive of my surroundings while doing inspections. Management was great and very organized as well as friendly. Co-workers were great and friendly. Hardest part of the job was going into really intimidating places with the guise of being underage and trying to get alcohol. Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, high pay for easy work.
Cons
Days could be quite long and you may be out late.
Temp Work Situation
Office/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 December 2016
I worked at AGLC on a Temp basis, and I was there for about a year. The staff I worked with were a great group and treated me as one of them. I was disappointed when my term was done.
Ethical and emence pride in the vision and mission of the organization
Procurement & Contract Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB18 November 2016
A Typical day drafting Proposal, creating and editing Contract Terms and Condition, coaching, and leading teams, Collaborating with procurement team and contributing to leading changes.

I have the opportunity to supervise personnel, chair evaluation committee meeting, manage vendor relations, and facilitate Information Technology Contract management meetings.

The most gratifying part of my job is the sense of accomplishment at the end of each day knowing that you have
Cons
Perpetual restructuring
Fun, laid back
Warehouse Operational Support - Temporary (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB15 November 2016
At Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commision, it was a very fun place to work, management wasn't up tight, they were open to ideas. It was interesting to see the inside of Video Lottery Terminals and how they work.
Great life work balance
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB7 June 2016
Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission has wonderful people. If you are looking for perfect life work balance, this is the best place for you. So much politics and much bureaucratics.
Great people to work with excluding management.
Systems Analyst 3 (Directory Services Architect) (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB12 May 2016
Loved working for the company but the management is horrible. in the 3 years i was there 3 different teams due to corporate restructuring, and non of it was effective for the company.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
next to no parking
Professional work environemnt
Team Leader - Audit Services, Financial Review (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, Alberta11 June 2015
Audit Services is a dynamic work unit that offers the opportunity to help non-profit stakeholders the opportunity to grow their community program.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Minimal advancement opportunities
Very difficult place to work
Accounts Receivable / Liquor Revenue Administrator (Former Employee) –  St Albert AB28 February 2015
The culture of the AGLC, particularly the liquor area, is one of far too many staff members who have been there far too long. There is no opportunity to grow, or to even express new ideas. Bullying is a huge problem and there is excessive turnover. Corporate Services, the last area I worked in, was extremely bad.
Interesting and infomative
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB20 October 2014
I learned and got to practice recruitment procedures
Created a lunch and learn program
great coworkers
Typical Office work, very easy
Administrative Support - Summer Student Program (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, Alberta2 May 2013
I would make photocopies and archive, do a lot of work on excell and on the computer. Coworkers are great.
Pros
Subsidized food
Cons
Mind Numbing at times
Wonderful place to work.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 April 2013
I enjoyed my time with this company and miss working there. It position was interesting and challenging, and my co-workers were great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission Reviews by Location