Who We Are
The Alberta Committee of Citizens with Disabilities is the cross-disability voice of persons with disabilities in Alberta. We create public awareness, promote change in public policy and undertake research projects in line with our mission to create a fully accessible Alberta.
And You Are
Passionate about addressing the concerns of persons with disabilities through a variety of activities, from research and writing to raising awareness through social media and in-person presentations.
What You Will Be Doing
- Coordinating programs, including conducting research, writing and preparing program reports and documents according to deadlines
- Working closely with external program consultants (writers, researchers, facilitators, designers)
- Managing project publicity, including news releases, social media, awareness campaigns and presentations
- Preparing and delivering awareness-raising presentations for a variety of audiences
- Meeting with elected officials to advocate for a more inclusive, accessible society that supports people with disabilities to participate fully in their communities
- Collaborating and partnering with government departments, like-minded organizations and consumers to support the disability community
- Preparing grant and funding proposals and writing newsletters
You have excellent verbal and written skills, are comfortable managing social media and can tailor these appropriately for a diverse range of audiences. You have experience as a researcher, writer, editor and program manager. You can lead presentations which are effective and motivational to small and large groups. You have knowledge of excel and other program-related computer programs.
You have a minimum of three years program and research management and have a degree in a related field.
You are highly organized and are able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment as part of a team or individually. Your strong work ethic enables you to accomplish tasks and meet targeted deadlines.
Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Email resume and salary expectations or fax 780-488-3757.
Closing date for applications ongoing until a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to breaking down barriers which prevent society from seeing beyond our disabilities so that we are included in all aspects...