Alberta Blue Cross Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Needs structured training in other departments
Claims Assessor (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaApril 25, 2016
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Training was all over the place
I worked at Alberta Blue Cross and was fired. My termination package states "without prejudice" . Needs more structured training in the other departments. A general training in health services for 2 weeks is not enough. An actual training class for everything one needs to know in their department. Not just a general training and then moving one around to whoever they think can review the work you've done. I had a high job disatisfaction. All in all wish I was more patient enough to have applied for a position in case management. Overall not a bad company to work for. Just needs better structure of training for all departments.
Good place to work at.
Casual Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 22, 2016
I love coming to work here, I enjoy the people and the work. A typical day at work consists of sorting mail and sending to various departments; verifying and adding cheques; sorting, batching and collating EFT/cheque payments; and working with mailroom equipment to affix postage and process envelopes for mailing.
Needs better training
Pharmacy Department (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Everything else
Just the worst at training all new staff. People that have been there for years are somehow threatened by people with new ideas or a new vision. Management is a joke. Alberta Blue Cross is not for people that have a vision for the future.
Great place to work - Quality assurance analyst
Software Test Analyst - Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 7, 2015
I worked on a major redevelopment project with a vast team of approx 300+.

The company culture was very employee focused and the management respected the employee`s work life balance.

I would work there again
Good Company
System Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Alberta Blue Cross is a good company with many opportunities for growth. The people are amazing and they have many good benefits available to their employees
Excellent Contract Experience
Learning and Development Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 15, 2015
Pros: qualified staff
Cons: none
Short term contract to assist in a software rollout. The project was well managed and resourced.

The project required a blend of consultants and staff. I was impressed with the dedication to quality the staff want for their customers and the positive and calm leadership style of the managers.
Alberta Blue Cross
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2015
I worked for 15 years for Alberta Blue Cross and overall the experience was a positive one. I worked both in-house and offsite and I have learned some very valuable lessons.
Great place to work overall
Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Work atmosphere is terrific. People are the heart of this organization and it shows.
Management is approachable and are committed to the success of each individual as well as the company.
Strong Team Support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Taking calls to inform people of their Health & Dental Benefits. Every day you learn something from just talking to people. Management provides impeccable work support. The people i work with are very supportive and will help when needed. I believe it's tough always to say NO to someone who needs help with their medications. Last but not least the feeling that you've knowing you helped so many people today.
work life balance was good
Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2015
the hours and balance with everyday life was good however management turned ovr a lot so there wasn't a lot of structure which led to much confusion
Excellent environment to work with multi cultural people
QA Analyst (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 21, 2014
Really worked with mutual coordination with in the team as well as individually eventually used to complete the task working over hours on a typical day
Really got learned to health domain as it was the first time
Management and staff were really awesome in all means
Like i said coworkers were the best once.
Finding unidentified defects was a bit time taking part of my job
with my team i would say.
Very productive work environment with ongoing learning opportunities
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: the implementation of mandatory overtime during some peak periods
I had the opportunity to utilize my skills in a highly productive work environment where I was a valued team member. I performed various duties throughout my tenure providing me with the opportunities to use my multi-tasking abilities, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication.
Productive and fun work place with remote working flexibility
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2014
Pros: flexibility to work remotely from my home office
Nice place to work, with a nice team of cooperative staff. Fun filled BBQs in summer and Pot Luck parties all through the year....... Very flexible hours.... I just love to be hired again into the company.
Fun and Productive
Pharmacy Compliance Management Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2014
typical day: depends on what your manager schedules you for the day
What i learned: sky is the limit!
hardest part: frusterated providers
most enjoyable: working with different departments and meet new people
A relaxed work environment. Very friendly coworkers.
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2013
A relaxed work environment. Very friendly coworkers. Varied work tasks. Lots of work to do - several websites as well as an intranet provided no shortage of duties and responsibilities.
Management is truly supportive and friendly. Positive, and almost familial atmosphere.
Great Culture, fun atmosphere
QA Analyst (Current Employee), ABOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee, snacks
Cons: location
Great training program, regular workshops, fun work environment, co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help,
young team very interactive
Great hours and work/life balance
Medical claims processor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, acknowledgement of employees work history/birthdays/anniversaries
Cons: cubicles for work space
Claims processing
Lack of social with coworkers-cubicles
Acceptance Tester (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2014
Relaxed environment, good company culture. Management is not that great to talk about.
Great people and very good environment to work in
Procurement and Corporate Services Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 2, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Fantastic people and fun environment
Alberta Blue Cross
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2014
It is a great place to work and build a career, It is a well maintained organization and has a bottom up management approach. I really enjoy working for Alberta Blue Cross.