Job Status : Full Time, Temporary
Term 1 : September 16th, 2013—December 24th, 2013
Positions : 2
Salary : $16.62/hour
Location : Edmonton, Alberta
The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute (ABMI) is currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented, self-starting individual to interpret and map human footprints throughout Alberta and update existing maps to match the most recent remotely sensed data. It is a great opportunity for junior to intermediate employee. The successful candidate will use satellite images and GIS software to interpreter a variety of types of human disturbances in the landscape.
ABMI is an arms-length, value-neutral scientific organization that measures and reports on the health of Alberta’s biodiversity. The ABMI is among the most rigorous and broadly-supported biodiversity monitoring programs in the world. Please visit www.ABMI.ca for more details about ABMI.
- Interpret and map human footprint from satelite imageries and GIS data;
- Update existing human footprint maps;
- Maintain database for the mapping.
- Experience using ArcGIS 9.0 or above;
- Experience working on research teams;
- Attention to details;
- Familiar Alberta land use/cover;
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.