Position Title: Beef in the Classroom Program Presenter
Location: Edmonton (1 Contract position Available)
Rate of Pay: $22.50 hour, $0.50/km
Closing Deadline: September 30th/2013
Job Status: Open
Brief Job Description
The Beef in the Classroom Program Presenter (BITC Program) will provide Grade 10 Food Studies students with the BITC Program in the city of Edmonton. This is a contract position, running from September 01 to June 30 of each year.
- Contacting schools in Edmonton, explaining program, and making arrangements for presentations to food science classes.
- Delivering the BITC presentation, including a cooking demonstration, with the objective of teaching students about beef preparation and the positive nutritional and environmental attributes of Alberta beef.
- Building a cost-effective work schedule, maintaining financial records and invoicing Alberta Beef Producers in a timely manner
- Managing costs of the program and total budget
- Reporting on presentations and delivering teacher evaluations to ABP as required
Key knowledge Areas: Able to educate and engage students on beef production, meat cookery, primal cuts and beef nutrition. (Some training provided) Knowledge of safe food handling techniques is an asset.
Key Skill Areas: Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in cooking and demonstrations; organizational skills; versed in Microsoft Office and Spreadsheet applications; able to lift 50 lbs.; able to engage 14-17 year olds; able to think on your feet.
Specific Skill/ Background/Assets Required
- Education: Completion of Grade 12, with Post Secondary courses in the nutrition and health and wellness field; meat cutting and merchandising; or cooking/culinary arts.
- Past experience: working in kitchens, banquet halls, grocery retail, food service and any teaching/training/demonstrating experience are all assets.
- Schedule: must be able to work flexible hours on contract basis
- Must possess: current driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
Please send resume as a word document or PDF including position title to:
Jade Cozier, BITC Certified Nutrition Educator