Alberta Association for Community Living is seeking an individual to coordinate and facilitate the inclusion of students with developmental disabilities at University of Alberta Augustana Campus, Camrose Alberta.
- Facilitating inclusion in all aspects of University life
- Adapting and modifying curriculum
- Facilitating the development of relationships between students and members of the University community. Engaging the University community in a commitment to inclusion
- Support and facilitate the student’s meaningful participation in class, involvement in group work, and relationship building with classmates. Support students to access University facilities including the Library, recreation center, and student clubs…
- Facilitating relationships through natural peer connections and support
- Coordinate the planning and development of student programs of study
- Supporting students to find meaningful employment with in their field of study
- Collaborate with University faculty, staff and family
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team
- Prepare semi-annual reports and service requests
- Comfortable with providing personal care (if needed)
The Coordinator will be committed to the inclusion of people with developmental disabilities in community life and possess the following qualifications:
- Value base rooted in inclusion
- Experience with Inclusive Post-Secondary Education and/or community development and inclusion
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with Social Role Valorization and its implementation is an asset though willing to train if necessary
- Post-Secondary Education in related field preferred
- Current criminal record clearance
- Personal vehicle an asset
- Post-secondary education in disability studies or a related field is required. Equivalencies will be considered.
This is a full time position, with salary commensurate with experience. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Competition closes when suitable candidate is found.
Please forward your resume with a covering letter to:
Regional Coordinator Post-Secondary Education
Alberta Association for Community Living (AACL)
Suite #103, 4910-50th Street
Lloydminster, SK S9V 0Y5
Indeed - 18 months ago
AACL is an organization committed to enabling children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families to have access to a...