AlarmForce Employee Reviews

This is a real garbage station I had ever met.
Software Engineer, IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
No sense of creative technology, no integrity to the workers or the customers,no moral bottom line. All they want to do is to fight internally, and cheat their customers.
Good Work Environment
Installation Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON22 June 2017
Good managers and co workers. Very busy to meet the demand of customers
No room for advancement. Small company but they do treat their employees very good with a Take home truck and overtime pay
12 hr shifts, small dispatch area, co-workers are nice
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
for the most part I enjoyed my time there. different shifts allowed me to choose one that fit well for me. the atmosphere is great and once a month we get a free lunch/dinner depending on what shift you're on.
It was a good experience
Electrical Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
I working as a coop student. I got the opportunity to work under the supervision of technicians. We were testing the motion sensors, door sensors and two way voice calling systems.
Pros
Multiculture and flexible schedule
Cons
Technical experience could improve
A great working place
Electronic Technician Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
four months as a co-op at alarm force was a great learning experience overall. One of the most important skills i learned was soldering which was actually a big part of my course. People at alarm force are quite friendly and helpful.
Great Company
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 August 2016
Lifestyle and Balance does not fit well also manager for area is a bit green under the collar he need a bit more experience but with time I am sure he will get there
it is a good place work for.
Production Assistant (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2016
they have free coffee machine. the people in my department is very nice. you can learn a lot of stuff in there. it is a good co-op experience for me.
Lack of follow through, sweat shop
Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 April 2016
This company hooked me in with a promise of a $15/hour salary after the 3 month probationary period was over. I was apprehensive to accept it because of the long commute, but took it as a job.

3 months later I was not given the $!5 and hour. The cost of my mortgage, gas, wear and tear on my vehicle, and insurance was too much for the wage and I was unable to get to work by the end of two week. Hense I was terminated
Pros
Bba's once a month
Cons
Expected too much, wanted you to constantly stay late and didn't pay over time
Fun workplace
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2016
Great workday
Loved the peers
Time 9-3 was good.
My time there was good, liked everyone I worked with and really enjoyed the environment.
Would have loved to return but the times did not workout for summer jobs.
Pros
free lunch
free Lunches
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2016
I took inbound calls regarding billing, updated customer information and payments. Also some outbound calls regarding account updates and payments. My workplace team was lovely.
Pros
monthly raises
Cons
policy structure
Poor organization and leadership.
Security Insallation and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2016
Lack of organization and a lot of incompetence at all levels in all areas. My manager had no real management skills and poor people skills overall. I believe he only achieved the position because of longevity(a LOT of turnover at company, for good reason in my opinion).
Cons
Poor management, lack of support, very demanding and time consuming for level of compensation.
N/a
Sales and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2016
Family business. It was small and struggled.
Helped pick up raw material, processed and delivered to customer base around Vancouver
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very Good Co-workers
Electronic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 December 2015
I had to fix various circuit boards by soldering new components. Also I dealt with customer returns and had to repair equipment that failed. I also had to deal with customer upgrades and as a result had to assist in updating their account. At the end of the day I had to assist in the shipping department. The hardest part of the job was to meet deadlines and multitask. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work along good co-workers.
stressful workplace, high tension
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2015
I found Alarmforce to be extremely stressful with management stressed out due to major changes in the Executives of the company.
Freedom to work as subcontractor
SECURITY SUB-CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2014
Good solid company that has managed it financial house very well. Is very customer service oriented and promotes that culture from with in. Is a sales driven business which has positive and negative aspects attached but overall is very good. As a long term employee I have no negative comments to make. My day is very involved with customers and is very pleasing to provide service and deliver the product to the customer in a timely fashion.
Pros
Freedom and opportunity to provide and develop good business relationships
Cons
Obligations of time.
Productive and fun workplace with great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2014
The position has helped enhance my time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Customer Care for a System that rarely works
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 June 2014
Monitor, sell and service alarms, deal with clients, data entry, cancellations, collections, client history, ect....

I learned NOT to buy an Alarmforce system.

Management clamped down on the CSR's ability to help the clients, and would rarely offer them any resolution unless they signed another three year contract. CSR's had no power to make judgements, everything had to go through the manager/supervisor.

Had little time to visit or get to know co-workers due to the 12 hour shifts I was working.

Not being able to give real customer service to a client that I knew deserved better and the travel time to work each day.
High Paced, laid back
Call-Taker/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2014
I loved working the long hours. Very face paced, high energy kind of job. Co-workers all got along and had your back if needed. Great environment.
on the road again
Alarm Installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton7 February 2014
Installing alarm to 3 to 7 places a day could be hard depending of the people and the size of the house/ business. The screaming was pretty good. Most of the time I had enough time to do my job. I had to deal with co-workers only if I needed parts; they were nice enough. The hardest part is to find place in new development and the driving everywhere. Usually they give you calls that are close to each other. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of protecting people by putting alarm system in their property. I also enjoyed interacting with them.
Pros
working from 12 to 8... sometimes finishing early
Cons
driving a lot, dealing with bad customers
Productive and fun work place with the best manages and co-workers
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On29 January 2014
A typical day at work is answer customers inquiries in a diligent and timely manner.
I learned the meaning of the word ``Empathy`` in a real way.
I loved respected my late manager (Paul Giammarco) and management of the company.
my co-workers and I were like a little family, we still keep in contact.
the hardest part of the job, is not being able to fully help a customer because you have to transfer them to another department, which no customer likes.
working with people I got the chance to work with.
Pros
Wednesday Snack Day!
Cons
down time