Alamo National Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 14, 2016
Great place to work for it was next to National Car Rental, my co-workers were the best. Hardest part was being let go.Most enjoyable was the commission.
Good work culture and environment
Shuttle Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 14, 2013
I have been working here since June 2011 and I have had a great time. I am still currently working for this company. I enjoy working with everyone in this company from coworkers to management. All my managers are easily approachable if I have any questions or concerns.

My days are very busy and the shift times varies. Sometimes I get called in 5AM and sometimes I have had to work until 1 AM during busy times. They are 8 hour shifts but I work overtime if requested by management.

My typical days are moving rental vehicles to their required stations. And there has been times hen I have moved 100 cars or even more when it is busy. I have to check all vehicles for any damage, cleanliness and follow all guidelines.
Pros
the team, work flexibility and benefits when working overtime.
A Fun Work Environment Where Chances of Growth Are High
Rental Service Agent (RSA) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 28, 2015
Everyday comes with different challenges, different kinds of customers. Every situation is like a new learning experience. Management is amazing, very flexible and they help you grow.

My co-workers are amazing, cannot really complain much. The hardest part of my job is trying to make sure every customer gets the category of car they are booked in for.

Most enjoyable part of my job is the part where I get to sell to customers, compare my sales with my fellow co-workers.
Pros
An Hour Lunch, Bonus Pay
Cons
Great work environment with friendly staff and customers
Car Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, LabradorAugust 24, 2015
Typical days as a part time employee are rather stress free, and just requires interaction with customers and knowledge of the Odyssey rental program. The rental program can be a bit daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, this job is great.
Great summer work
Vehicle Detailer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 25, 2013
A typical day consisted of preparing and detailing rental vehicles for customer use. Along with that checking cars in and out of the Hamilton airport. Management was unorganized at times and some senior co-workers displayed poor attitudes. Hardest part of the job was working solo sometimes and balancing the demand for out going cars and checking in cars. Thoroughly enjoy driving and thus enjoyed working with the different vehicles.
Pros
working with different cars
Cons
lack of organization
New experiences
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 27, 2012
Making sure all reservation were handled with care. Cleaned vehicles for the clients. Filed all paperwork. Handled cash and credit cards for each rental. Co-workers were awesome to work with. Manager was great. Enjoyed the clients and environment.
Pros
driving different vehicles
Cons
wonderful company to work for.
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 21, 2013
very competitive company with lots of room for advancement.
I learned to apply the skills i learned to do the job right everyday! to please myself and the company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 22, 2012
it was a busy place to work. on a typical day u were doing car maintenance all day.working in a team environment is what makes a great working atmosphere.working with great people makes the work get done. the hardest part of the job was getting other people to be as fast as me. the most enjoyable part was the feeling of success at the end of each day.
Pros
having the best shift.
Cons
getting cars un stuck in the winter.
Productive and fun workplace
Fulltime Return Agent/Greeter (Current Employee) –  toronto ontarioMay 15, 2014
Sales and service go hand to hand, if your service isn't excellent, your sales will be at a low. Managing a team can be hard but, providing a fun workplace where every employee is happy can help meet goals and quotas. Hard part on the job? most it can be is challenging, if a task is taken with determination and passion, it can be easily turned into an enjoyable and interesting task to accomplish.
National Summary
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2012
Transported cars from the garage to the terminals
Made sure the cars were cleaned before arriving to the terminal.Provided information about different cars to the customers. Providing excellent customer service in-person and over the phone and used computer systems to compile information for the customer's reservation
Great experience
Senior Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  torontoJanuary 19, 2013
The airport location is one of the busiest location and a great place to work if you like park and sit in a new caar when its not busy.
Productive work environment
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABJune 20, 2013
This job had a little bit of stress and some shift work. Overall I enjoyed working at National/Alamo Car Rental.
Cons
shift work
Shuttle service
Driver and Property Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONNovember 5, 2012
Shuttle cars from each area of business. Driving cars to auction or picking up. Usually work by self.
Pros
driving new cars
Good pay and great people to work with.
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 11, 2012
I really enjoyed my time working for this company because of the great people that I've met during my time employed. Its a pretty big car rental location located at the airport with maybe about 100 employees onsite from the rental agents, shuttlers, to the cleaners, and washers. Excellent people to work with but a very challenging environment to be in. During my time working there I've acquired a lot of knowledge about dealing with people in all sorts of situation. Yah the work is pretty typical but the stress of dealing with tired, cranky, and the list goes on and on and on, can make a simple transaction into an extremely difficult situation sometimes. Through the opportunity from the lady that hired me and trained me and stood by me to help me, I've had the opportunity of a life-time to be able to develope an unkeen sense of patience and flexibility with people that I had never had before. I would like to thank that person for that opportunity she gave me. Little did she knew that she changed my life in a lot more ways than she'd realized. However, this corportation has been in restructuring mode for the past 10 years now and not for the better for us workers. We are unionized, "they" don't want to have anything to do with unions. Nuff said. Too bad that this is where its heading, but otherwise it was a great and enjoyable experience working there because of the "individuals" that are the real people running the company and not the bigots sitting in the back office thinking they've got everything figured out.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
managers and them bigots
Fun and good
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BCJuly 15, 2012
It is a great job.It includes cleaning and waiting on customers and answering phones.
Cons
anything
Productive and fast paced
Car cleaner (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 3, 2013
We clean and return all the rental vehicles to Toronto Pearson Airport. It is fast paced with long shifts.