Alamo National Employee Reviews

Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL26 June 2017
Loved working here. Great work environment. Great pay. No room for advancement unfortunately which was my only complaint. Great and understanding management.
Some fun times
Motor Vehicle Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 March 2017
There was a lot of laughs that helped the day go by. Worked with a good group of people, activities were planned outside of work hours, was not my favorite place to work, but I didn't totally hate it.
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 February 2017
Every day was different, whether I was driving cars between locations or just doing rentals at the counter. I loved the people I worked with! The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy.
Great
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 January 2017
The owner and manager really care about the staff. I learned a lot about the car rental industry, because the manager was willing to teach me anything I was willing to learn. Great place to work.
no longer in business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 October 2016
The location I worked for is no longer in business. The office was not well kept. The hours were too long and now enough pay. The owner was very shady.
Great place
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2016
Great place to work for it was next to National Car Rental, my co-workers were the best. Hardest part was being let go.Most enjoyable was the commission.
Great work environment with friendly staff and customers
Car Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador24 August 2015
Typical days as a part time employee are rather stress free, and just requires interaction with customers and knowledge of the Odyssey rental program. The rental program can be a bit daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, this job is great.
A Fun Work Environment Where Chances of Growth Are High
Rental Service Agent (RSA) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2015
Everyday comes with different challenges, different kinds of customers. Every situation is like a new learning experience. Management is amazing, very flexible and they help you grow.

My co-workers are amazing, cannot really complain much. The hardest part of my job is trying to make sure every customer gets the category of car they are booked in for.

Most enjoyable part of my job is the part where I get to sell to customers, compare my sales with my fellow co-workers.
Pros
An Hour Lunch, Bonus Pay
Productive and fun workplace
Fulltime Return Agent/Greeter (Current Employee) –  toronto ontario15 May 2014
Sales and service go hand to hand, if your service isn't excellent, your sales will be at a low. Managing a team can be hard but, providing a fun workplace where every employee is happy can help meet goals and quotas. Hard part on the job? most it can be is challenging, if a task is taken with determination and passion, it can be easily turned into an enjoyable and interesting task to accomplish.
Would have loved to continue working with them but enterprise bought the compamy and they downsized and most of the national locations were closed
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 February 2014
National gave me a wonderful opportunity to get into management and I acquired a lot of insight into management and also gained a lot of self confidence from this position. Learned how to manage and grow with staff. With the right training also honed my skills in dealing with major clients and bringing them on board therefore enhancing the branch bottom line .Daily routine was to ensure enough inventory to meet the days demand, Daily staff meetings to make certain all inventory on the lot was clean and ready. Answered queries from various clients.
Pros
satisfaction in knowing days demands were met.clients appreciated our service
Great summer work
Vehicle Detailer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2013
A typical day consisted of preparing and detailing rental vehicles for customer use. Along with that checking cars in and out of the Hamilton airport. Management was unorganized at times and some senior co-workers displayed poor attitudes. Hardest part of the job was working solo sometimes and balancing the demand for out going cars and checking in cars. Thoroughly enjoy driving and thus enjoyed working with the different vehicles.
Pros
Working with different cars
Cons
Lack of organization
Good work culture and environment
Shuttle Driver/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 October 2013
I have been working here since June 2011 and I have had a great time. I am still currently working for this company. I enjoy working with everyone in this company from coworkers to management. All my managers are easily approachable if I have any questions or concerns.

My days are very busy and the shift times varies. Sometimes I get called in 5AM and sometimes I have had to work until 1 AM during busy times. They are 8 hour shifts but I work overtime if requested by management.

My typical days are moving rental vehicles to their required stations. And there has been times hen I have moved 100 cars or even more when it is busy. I have to check all vehicles for any damage, cleanliness and follow all guidelines.
Pros
The team, work flexibility and benefits when working overtime.
Productive and fast paced
Car cleaner (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 September 2013
We clean and return all the rental vehicles to Toronto Pearson Airport. It is fast paced with long shifts.
Productive work environment
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB20 June 2013
This job had a little bit of stress and some shift work. Overall I enjoyed working at National/Alamo Car Rental.
Cons
Shift work
wonderful company to work for.
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 January 2013
very competitive company with lots of room for advancement.
Great experience
Senior Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  toronto19 January 2013
The airport location is one of the busiest location and a great place to work if you like park and sit in a new caar when its not busy.
National Summary
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2012
Transported cars from the garage to the terminals
Made sure the cars were cleaned before arriving to the terminal.Provided information about different cars to the customers. Providing excellent customer service in-person and over the phone and used computer systems to compile information for the customer's reservation
New experiences
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2012
Making sure all reservation were handled with care. Cleaned vehicles for the clients. Filed all paperwork. Handled cash and credit cards for each rental. Co-workers were awesome to work with. Manager was great. Enjoyed the clients and environment.
Pros
driving different vehicles
Shuttle service
Driver and Property Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 November 2012
Shuttle cars from each area of business. Driving cars to auction or picking up. Usually work by self.
Pros
driving new cars
Fun and good
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BC15 July 2012
It is a great job.It includes cleaning and waiting on customers and answering phones.
Cons
anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alamo National. Our community is ready to answer.