An expanding Nanaimo company is seeking a full time, full cycle bookkeeper for their busy office.
Reporting to the Controller, the incumbent will perform full cycle accounting duties for multiple companies within our group of companies. This individual will be a team player who provides the best possible service to ensure the day to day smooth operations of this office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and posting of journal entries, AP, AR for multiple companies
- Customer Invoicing and intercompany billing
- Preparation of electronic payroll, WCB remittances
- Reconciliations of balance sheet and intercompany accounts
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems.
- Comply with federal/provincial filing requirements
- Maintain and identify improvements to existing bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Preparation of supporting documentation for year ends, some interpretation of financial statements
- General administrative duties as required.
- Two or more years experience in a full cycle bookkeeping role
- Fluent in Simply Accounting (Sage 50)
- MS Office Suite including Excel and Word
- Experience with Ceridian payroll
- Secondary education including a diploma in accounting would be considered an asset
- Highly motivated and independent with impeccable organization and time management
The incumbent will have an upbeat attitude in a busy environment and have the ability to prioritize workload and meet strict internal and external deadlines. Experience with bookkeeping for US companies or any Human Resources background would be considered significant assets.
Hourly starting wage of $15-20 is negotiable based upon qualifications and experience. Software training where required to be provided.
Posting will be held open until January 13, 2014. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.