AkzoNobel

AkzoNobel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very-well structured Department, Productive and Organized
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee), Concord, ONMay 1, 2013
Pros: equality
Cons: nothing
A lot of responsibility given and shows great faith and confidence in every employee
Learned to manage projects and implement new ideas
Equal and fair responsibility for all employees
When I joined as a co-op student, they handed me a big responsibility, where I had to conduct a project.
They trusted me with this project where I was required to invent – more... a new dry cycle method for a effective, efficient and fast drying panel to help increase the productivity. – less
production operative
Work as a member of a team (Former Employee), prudhoeDecember 6, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: well paid
worked on a production line as part of a team member.
learnt how to set up the production line to use different products.
Productive company to work for, excellent PQC manager and mentor
Document Control Manager & Admin Assistive (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits including incentives
Cons: after l6s started, too many employees were let go causing more work for those left for the jobs.
A very busy job, non-stop but also made the day go by quickly. Original management made the job interesting and fun to learn.
Positive Work Environment
Executive Assistant for Functional Chemicals (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2014
Working at AkzoNobel has been a wonderful experience. I have the opportunity to work independently but also have great colleagues to rely on when necessary.

Management promotes the company values while allowing employees to work with little to no micro-management.

The team I work with is very interactive and we have a great focus on team building – more... so we have come to know each other very well. – less
Good People, great opportunity
Business Intelligence Manager (Current Employee), Norcross, GANovember 23, 2014
I enjoyed the people and the sense of team work. A great growth opportunity if management succeeds.
Very Good
Executive Assistant - Contract temp (Former Employee), Norcross, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: temp positiobn
Executive Assistant to Director of Sales. Reports, travel arrangements, budgets.
dosn;t support ideas to improve
Warehouse Manager-Distribution Shipping (Former Employee), High Point, NCNovember 7, 2014
Cons: 12 to 14 hours a day no over time for management
if you complain about the backorders you are moved out as not a team player
helpful, productive
Internship (Former Employee), Deventer, OVOctober 7, 2014
a typical day is analysing chemical components in chemical products. i learned using hplc, gc wet chemical analysis techniques and waste water treatment
Stable, Reliant, Honest, Largest Company in the World. Excellent secure workplace.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: job & company security with lots of added benefits.
Cons: salary
Hard word, selling, customer satisfaction excellence. As described on my CV.
Fun place to work
Credit Controller (Former Employee), Altrincham, ENGSeptember 13, 2014
Good friendly office and colleagues to work with, busy daily credit control procedures, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the cash coming in and able to meet targets, friendly atmosphere and happy office.
Great Company, very well organized
Strategy Consultant (Former Employee), 上海市, C23July 25, 2014
Pros: big company's capacity and potential
Cons: many govermental constraints that limits the options
- I loved working this action project with AkzoNobel.
- Very competitive environment and challenging
- Open for Creativity and new ideas
Interesting an fun workplace
Regulatory Affairs Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGJuly 3, 2014
Would of been an ideal longer term workplace, however i was covering for someone else, so job security and advancement just wasnt there unfortunately.
Nice balance between home and life
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Huron, OHJune 24, 2014
Always a new adventure daily, working side by side with a close group of managers.
I had a throughly enjoyable year
Industrial Placement Student (Former Employee), Slough, ENGJune 3, 2014
I would arrive at work in the morning and get settled, have a quick catch-up with my colleagues in the office. Breakfast and hot drinks were available, which was always a good start to the day. I'd check for any new e-mails before starting with the work. I may be in the labs, working on formulations or I may be checking products that had been put on – more... weathering trials outside. Usually, once a week I would meet with my manager(s), discuss what I had done that week, and a look forward to what I would do next week. Sometimes I would have meetings with other departments such as marketing to have a discussion on the products.

I learned a great deal about how to effectively manage my time. I was personally working on two projects at the same time, so needed to divide my time accordingly. I needed to be confident in working independently and with other people in the company. I Improved on my presentation and communication skills as I gave presentations each week to my managers and periodically to my department. I learned about different departments and how important sustainability was to the company through seminars that were available.

My managers were always available for me to talk to. We had regular meetings with each other on the work that had been and needed to be done. They were open and honest when giving feedback which was helpful so that I could improve myself as a better scientist.

My co-workers were friendly, willing to give advice. There were a number of activities that I took part in which helped me to get to know more people. For example, 5-a-side football and tennis. The fact that there were a lot of students going through the same experiences as me helped with the pressure of being on placement for a year.

The hardest part of the job was acclimatising to the work. This was my first job in industry, and so I needed to learn fast about what was expected of me. With the help of my managers and co-workers, I was able to handle my work loads.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions that I had with my co-workers. They helped me settle in fast, whether it was about work or personal matters, they were available for advice. – less
enjoyed employees high stress
Logistics Clerk, Procurement Agent, Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexiable hours, close to home
Cons: no consistency
prepared certificate of analysis for all haz mat material shipping out of plant, prepared bill of ladings and federal express shipments. Billed and reconciled shipments to bill customer. purchase raw material for sister plant, I learned sap and lab computer system. Operators were easy to work with and enjoyed working with plant to solve problems. Hardest – more... part of job was lack of support or consistency – less
Very unstable work environment
Admin (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2014
Constant reorganization and restructuring, employees always feel their jobs are under threat. Consequently there is a lot of back-stabbing and lack of trust. Management is weak, indecisive and out of touch with employees. Most work processes are disorganized and IT support is literally a bad joke.
Lovely people
NE10 0JY - Engineering Administrator (Former Employee), Gateshead, ENGFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long days
A friendly and safe place to work where people are respected for what they are.
Changing workplace
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), chicago, ilJanuary 2, 2014
Fast work environment, deadlines, several projects simitaneously. Changing environment, high expectations.
Productive and friendly workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Tamworth, ENGOctober 5, 2013
Since working for the company I have developed my skills and product knowledge greatly.
I have a very good working relationship with all my colleagues including management and staff in other branches of the business.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing you have provided good service and the customer has gone away happy.
Nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Crewe, ENGSeptember 19, 2013
Worked at my present job for a long time my work colleagues were very nice people and the customers were easy to get on with and very friendly. My typical day at work would be to open up the store and from there on in serve customer and give them advice. Learned how to manage the store and get the best out of my work colleagues. My co workers were very – more... nice people and easy to get on with. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting customers. – less

1 2 3 4