Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good company
Product Development Supervisor (Former Employee), Dammam Saudi ArabiaJuly 30, 2012
I enjoyed working at Akzo and my success is a reflection of my hard work.
my summary
Sales Manager Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 17, 2014
It was a good career that i enjoyed very much. I learned a lot from everyone who I worked with.
SAP technical consultant
SAP Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: office out-dated, uncomfortable
Azko Nobel has a great culture, knowledgeable people. Their SAP system is robust and being enhanced for their US plants making the implementation work informative and interesting.
Overall
Lab technician level 3 (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 14, 2014
Pros: casual, but very professional atmosphere, you get the feeling that, also higher management was very easy to talk to.
Cons: the r&d lab i was working in was relocated to another state.
Overall, the aerospace division I was in was BOOMING. That is because we had a GM that knew his stuff. The benefit package and insurance, the atmosphere was excellent. It was easy to move up; there are plenty of opportunity to do so. I could see myself working there until retirement.
Hard and challenging job, but enjoyable
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: getting paid good money
Cons: being stuck on one paint color for long periods of time
I got paid a lot more money and it was useful learning new things in a higher workplace.
good place to work
fork lift driver (Former Employee), WarringtonMay 27, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: doing night shifts was not good
I worked for Akzo Nobel for twenty years starting in Glasgow then transferring to Warrington. I drove fork lift trucks both counterbalance and reach trucks . I would replenish stock from racking to pick face for orders to be completed.
Good pay and benefits, but adjust your social and family life.
Quality Control/ Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMay 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, very safety oriented
Cons: swing shift, chemical smells, poor mangagement
I worked in the analytical lab at Akzo Nobel for 8 years. I started out as a temp for 4 months then became a permanent hire. Its a fast paced environment and you are expected to show that you can keep up the first the day, even while training. However, there are some down days and you are able to slow down, but not sit still. The management and co-workers – more... have a high turn-over, partly due to upper management difficulties or the swing shift. Adjusting to the swing shift maybe hard for some people to get used to, its really a life-style changer. The lab and the plant personnel are on different types of rotating schedules, so you get to meet a different crew every time you return. Akzo try to show their appreciation for their employees, with cook-outs and incentives, so its not all that bad. Its your attitude and how you look at it. I learned how to use most of the instrumentation, which makes the job easier because it makes you a more valuable employee. Take advantage of the training offered. I also learned about occupational and chemical safety. There are required monthly safety meetings and you learn a lot. Trust me you want to learn about safety at a chemical plant ! I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, spending that amount of time with someone makes them feel like family. – less
Great Place for people and work
Senior Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHMay 18, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: was laid off
I was on my own to get my projects finished and on time. Collected data from eight different tests and reported that data to my superiors. Worked alone with no supervision.It wasn't a hard job and getting the right data was from a test was most enjoyable.
Paint and Coatings
Commercial Segment Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: locations
Paint and Coatings - Development in several regions ... Commercial Segment Manager / Architetural / General Contractors field
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
Very Productive company with great values and staff.
This company has great management.
Very much can be learned from working at this industrial site.
AKZONOBEL REVIEWS?
SUPPLY CHAIN- Planning production Controlling & DM (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 22, 2014
Well an average paymaster...
Lots of pressure, but you get to learn a lot of stuff out there,...
you have everything right from training employees to employee benefit, but the job security is too poor,...
Good teams and a lot of training supported
Production and Materials Manager (Former Employee), hullMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free parking, ood pension and many other benefits
Cons: very tough environment
The days were tough as the roles and teams were changing due to various initiatives that were being introduced.
I was a key member for the SAP training and rolling the training out - this was a very challenging time.
Very fast paced working environment and great people
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioMarch 14, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation events
Cons: fast paced, very busy
Typical day at work is very busy. However, when you work with the best talents in the industry, you don't seem to mind the heavy workload at all.
A pleasure to work there,made friends for life,very professional company
Despatch Oprative (Former Employee), HullMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free drinks machine
Worked the night shift for the last 2 years.Main duties were to get products from the warehouse using picklists printed out from protean,then more recently saps computor systems. A keen eye for detail was paramount as Akzo Nobel had a right first time policy.
Products sent all over the world from a few kilo to over 40 tonnes.
Management was always there – more... for help and advice.
Was part of a small team,but everybody worked together to get the right results.Had a great team of co-workers. – less
Modern and Technologic Industry
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Novara, PIEMarch 3, 2014
My typical day consisted in to drink a coffee with my collegues before 8 am. Subsequently after filling the schedules about the daily job program I started to work until 12 am. After a fast lunch with some of my co-workers my job restarted at 1 am till 18 pm.
great place to work
DCS logic operator (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXFebruary 17, 2014
lead operator and step up supervisor in charge of daily process tasks and training
Fun, inventive research
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Bohus, OFebruary 5, 2014
Assisted in testing of silica-based chiral monolithic columns for enantioseparation, Project managed the development of a database which catalogued lab chemicals using MS Access
Tiring but good
Production Operative (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGFebruary 5, 2014
The job was tiring but was worth it. Really enjoyed working here even though was only on a temporary contract.
Good Company
Corporate Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), London VictoriaJanuary 30, 2014
Akzo Nobel is a good company to work for, however it doesn't offer enough career progression.
A very good job
Clinical Liaison, Northeast USA (Current Employee), White House Station, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: decent perks
Cons: management was not as acceptable once we were acquired.
A typical day can consist of handling cases and/or teaching and interacting with either customers and KOLs

1 2 3 4 5

About Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel N.V. (AkzoNobel) is a global paints and coatings company. The Company makes and supplies a range of paints, coatings – Read more