Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast paced working environment and great people
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioMarch 14, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation events
Cons: fast paced, very busy
Typical day at work is very busy. However, when you work with the best talents in the industry, you don't seem to mind the heavy workload at all.
enjoy working at this establishment
Paint filler (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONAugust 2, 2012
Super work environment.Great co.workers.salary was excellent so was the benefits
Tough Labor
Batch Maker (Former Employee), High Point, NCNovember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: little room for advancement, poor working conditions.
Akzo is a great place for young people to get a decent entry level labor position. Advancement is poor, management is always looking to blame the worker for something and there is very little automation (mostly a manual labor job).
Productive Work
Sr. Purchase Executive (Current Employee), MuscatNovember 11, 2014
Pros: safety first
Cons: long hours
Ethical work guidelines met on daily basis, safety comes first although long work hours with short breaks
Big company with small company feel
Exposure Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere, flexability with time, advance ment, benefits, free thinking
Cons: pay
This was my first big job and I advanced to a mid level managers position in roughly 5 years managing a small lab. I accomplished with an associates degree and hard work

Sadly I'm told that the company has made a great deal of change since my time
Large Company
Commercial Vehicles Market Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GANovember 3, 2014
Pros: freedom
Managed North America for Commercial vehicles department.
Productive Global Great place to work!
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2014
I Iike working for Akzo Nobel because I enjoy being part of a global, innovative manufacturing company. Akzo Nobel is an organization that treats their employees and community with value and respect, and there are many opportunities for career growth.
Good people, lost management
Process Engineer for Functional Powder Americas (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 20, 2014
Management was changing and employess are getting lost in the power struggle.
Thane paint works
microbiologist (Current Employee), Navi Mumbai, MHOctober 18, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: 8
Akzo nobel has a good reputation in market and Akzo nobel (thane paint work) has won the best plant award in SESA ( south east south asia). I enjoyed working with Akzo nobel, learned many things about Paint manufacturing and raw material used in paint preparation, also gave the knowlege of microbiology required for the quality improvement of paint.the – more... co-wrkers were very co-operative and very helpful and kind, they really have helped me a lot in learning. the hardest part and best part of my job is to maintain and ensure that the paint is free from bacteria, fungi, and algae. the enjoyed every task given to me. – less
Allowed me to gain the knowledge necessary as an ABAP Programmer
SAP ABAP Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: working with the local module managers
Work requests would be supplied to me through the Help Desk System with the details necessary to accomplish the task. Also worked with Module Managers who made themselves available to assist in any possible missing details.
Great company and great employees
Chemist (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHOctober 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Helpful staff and knowledgeable staff.
A nice place to be
R&D Director / Deco Technical Manager (Former Employee), casablancaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: face to face meeting
Cons: fte cost reduction
Starting with a short meeting, with a rapid overview with the leaders of the main or special factual problem/idea to pinpoint all the day as manager my office is a an open door room.
In weekly/monthly reporting meeting we folllow the steppingand/or achievement of team project.
A Monthly, quarterly, and Yearly reporting are send to our fonctional manager – more... in Holland.
Business principles, rigor, honesty, working with purpose and goal, work under pressure, respect and above all a human people management.
Dedicated people to their mission with a total respect in 360 degrees.
Cost reduction, we had to reduce our team from 20 to 12 FTE.
All, but a pinpoint all the managerial action to bring our team to higher positions,
Especially face to face meetings for periodic evaluations. in which a freedom of tone can be achieved and to overcoming any organizational blockages. – less
delivering paint products to body shops
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Commerce, CASeptember 8, 2014
the people were great to work with but it was hard to get product for clients
Exciting and fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
This company was a good company with great benefits. We recently were purchased by PPG, is more corporate structure. The company procedures and policies are more strict now. Not as laid back as it once was.
A lot of discussion and less action
DY CFO (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 16, 2014
The typical day at work starts with a cup of coffee followed by update from department, internal and external meetings, meeting with consultants, bankers etc.
great place to work
Process Operator (Former Employee), La Porte, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: same
Cons: same
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially – more... unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum. – less
• Checking buildings insuring that there are no fires or no chemical spills on the floors. • Signing in and out trucks and sending them to their desig
Security Officer (Current Employee), High Point, NCAugust 11, 2014
• Signing in and out trucks and sending them to their designated areas.
• Signing in and out tankers and weighting in and out tankers.
• Signing in and out visitors and sending them to their designated areas.
• Insuring that Akzo Nobel personnel are practice safety – more... at all times and wearing the proper equipment.
• Daily rounds for security for all nine building.
• In charge of all paperwork, files and inventory, also daily reports, etc.
• Controlling waste and tanker and truck.
• Operate a switch board and page also Akzo Nobel employee, – less
Labeling department (Former Employee), High Point, NCJuly 29, 2014
It was a great place of employment. It's too bad my contract was canceled. I really enjoyed working there.
good work place for career build up but current trend is not very supportive
Segment Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 26, 2014
Strong conpetitive work environment with focus on Margin. sense of in security build up due to unstable management
A good place to work. The world's leading decorative paints manufacturer
Head of Business Development (Former Employee), AltrinchamJuly 25, 2014
Pros: company car and generous bonus scheme
Cons: long hours and overnight stays away from home
A very varied and interesting job, managing a team of business development managers. Seeking new opportunities in new sectors. Each time a new sector was identified, I had to learn how that sector operated, what the main issues were and try to develop solutions.
I worked with a highly professional and dedicated team of BDMs and Account Managers. The – more... best in the business!

The hardest part of the job was convincing senior management that a new opportunity was viable in order to obtain the necessary resource to pursue it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was achieving success in new ventures. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Akzo Nobel

Akzo Nobel N.V. (AkzoNobel) is a global paints and coatings company. The Company makes and supplies a range of paints, coatings – Read more