Akamai Technologies Employee Reviews

Really great company
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA25 April 2016
Really great company to work for. Excellent place to learn and they are an industry leader and encourage innovation strongly.
amazing company to work with in this technology space
Account Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka12 April 2016
Being a market leader and the company that invented the CDN space 17 years back, the company has amazing benefits for its employees with great culture
Security Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka9 April 2016
This is that one company where you learn how Internet really works faster. Amazing technology and good quality of work. Not much of balance between work and life though since i was working in the security operation center.
productive and fun
Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA30 March 2016
Great place to work. Very easy to get along with everyone and to get involved with the firm. Could use better communication between departments but overall a great place.
Overall Good
Marketing/Analyst Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA22 February 2016
They are a great company, I did a co-op there and wish they hired me full time. Great CEO and Management Team, but from what I have gathered, there isn't much room for career advancement.
Pros
Company culture, work is engaging, work life balance
Cons
Occasional Hiring freezes
Great company if you're a tech person. Otherwise, look somewhere else
Non-technical position (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA10 February 2016
Akamai has very hopeful and ideal work culture. They try and try to make you feel awesome about what you do.
But, "try"ing is not enough. Started from a very small and tightly knit group of people, while the ideal is great, does not necessarily translate into the future very well, IMHO. Very little to no talent management. Manager trainings are laughable. Stale, older culture remains within groups and very strong office politics drive the majority. Not sure about other BU's but where I'm in, there's dwindling next generation of workers, which in my humble opinion, is not a good sign, especially when you look at the market now, that there are a plenty of competitors who are trying to do the same as Akamai does.

Growing pain? maybe. But you can't keep continue to have the "pain". You need to learn and adapt to get out of the funk. It seems that senior management is oblivious to what is actually going on below their level.

Great company if you're an engineer. They are treated very well.
Otherwise, there are plenty of other companies that you CAN get treated very well for your non-technical contribution.
Pros
Great people to work with, health care benefits are great. Subsidized commuter cost
Good to Work there
Netbackup Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KA9 December 2015
It's a Superb product based Company.
It's really nice to work there.
Nice People & Management as well.
I learned lot of good things & skills there.
what I learned
Technical Project Manager/Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ft Lauderdale19 October 2015
Working with cutting edge technology has allowed me to grow as a professional, teammate and increase my personal knowledge. Being able to collaborate with a great team of professional individuals has been a great experience.
Pros
Great place to work, amazing coworkers
Cons
workload, hours
Good Place to work with
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Banglore,Karnataka23 September 2015
I increased my skills and knowledge in Testing.It provides good environment for Learning.Management takes care of employees by careerwise. co-workers are very supportive.
FEEL LIKE HOME
Technical Solutions Engineer from 4 (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KA27 August 2015
Akamai is a fun place to work with good facilities and infrastructure to the employees, the most enjoyable work place with too many eminities
Productive and fun place to work in
System Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India21 August 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop.Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Most co-operative, hard-working and fun place to work at!
Technical Support, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA29 July 2015
It has been a wonderful experience working at Akamai. I am so glad that I got a chance to do that. A typical day at work involves a lot of smiling and helping faces, great quality of work and engrossing conversations! The only place where everyone actually cares to know how you're doing.
Fantastic place to learn
WebLogic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD22 July 2015
Dedicated and hard working team. Team members are ready to help and management also. Friendly work environment and result driven employees.
easy going
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA21 July 2015
not much scope for advancement
some teams are heavy on politics
internal transfer is never easy .. not teams with great education. just bachelor
o Position- Account Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KA19 July 2015
Fun loving, good team, healthy environment, work life balance. In a nutshell, this is a company to be in and work for and to retire from.
No work/family balance
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA15 July 2015
Management is very demanding. Expectation that you work day/night 60+ hrs/week as long as you produce billable hours. Snobbish attitude can be observed of some people that have worked there over 2-3 years. There are great and helpful people and teams, so be careful in your selection and observe.
Cons
No work/family balance
Productive and fun place to work
Premium Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Addlestone, Surrey15 July 2015
Learn very fast, and new things every day. Fast-paced and highly important work and customers. Good work-life balance and great management philosophy.
Pros
Free lunches and working from home on occasion
Cons
UK office location is not good
Best place to work
Solutions Architect.Performance Evaluation Team (Former Employee) –  Bangalore India18 March 2015
Akamai was my first company and its been a complete honor and privilege to work with few of the finest minds in the world! Though I was a fresher from college I was treated with equal dignity as other lateral hires and my opinions were always respected. I was blessed with a great team which helped my overall development! The support from the higher-ups is also tremendous which helped me in shaping my career at Akamai. It indeed is the best place to work!
Excellent place to learn and Grow
Platform Operation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KA10 March 2015
It is a great place where a individual can learn and grow. Work is fun and peoples are helpful. Sometimes work load is high but manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job is its fun place. where us can work and play.
Pros
Free Food, No dress code
Cons
Not found yet
A fast growing company with very intelligent employees
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA19 February 2015
Co-workers: Always friendly and willing to help with questions
Management: Top notch people. Always very busy, but they seem to genuinely care about the satisfaction of their team and the company as a whole.
Typical Day: Includes conference calls with team members & partners around the world and some meetings in the office. The rest of the time is spent working on tasks at my desk.
Pros
Unlimited vacation, ability to work remotely, & the best benefits possible