Akamai Technologies

Akamai Technologies Employee Reviews

fun place work
Senior Corporate Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka1 December 2016
I completely enjoyed working at Akamai, great place to work,
you are allowed to take your discussion based on the requirement. Management team was great and co-workers are more then a friend, hardest part of my job was as I was in facility need keep things going on monitoring while other team enjoy the events...,
the enjoyable part of the job was my work and interacting with many co-workers.
Pros
Free snacks, subsidised lunch and other benefits
Cons
working hours as per the norms, lunch break and snack breaks etc...
The petal and the thorn
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA29 November 2016
I will preface my review by saying Akamai is a global company and the culture varies greatly depending on your location and department. I firmly believe that the good far outweighs the bad.

We are a driven, intellectually curious collective that is always pushing ourselves and those around us to achieve the next level, rethink what is possible, and break through plateaus. In a place where you arrive and you are already behind, finding a healthy work life balance is one of the largest and most common challenges that exist.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Disconnect between executive leadership and middle management
Best Work place
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangalore18 November 2016
The best workplace. Best work and life balance. Good learning.

Time were very flexible
You are given opportunity to learn everything of your interest
Management is great
Co workers are amazing
To leave the job
Every day at work
Great company, smart people
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA15 November 2016
It's a great company. People are smart. I learns something new every day. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the politics, but I'm pretty good at ignoring them.
Great Place to Intern
Human Resources Intern in Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA20 October 2016
The work culture at Akamai was amazing and I learned a lot from the time I spent there. The University Relations Program is perfect and they run many programs during the internships seasons to expose us to the business and to network with others.
Great coworkers
Information Security, Technical Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA30 September 2016
Akamai has a great helpful culture. Coworkers are supportive and cooperative. Very smart people working in a fast-paced environment
Nice Place to work
Helpdesk Admin Senior (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka30 August 2016
Lot of daily challenges and get to learn new things on a daily basis
Also have a wonderful team and skill set is superb for all my coworkers
Nice to manage the team
Excellent company to work for
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka22 August 2016
Excellent company to work for. Market leader in their product and services. Opportunity to learn and grow within the organization.
Fun place to learn new technology
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA7 August 2016
The work culture at Akamai is very enriching. Everyone is helpful and encourages to enhance your skills. All the colleagues are accommodating in nature and guide you to the best of their capability.
Supportive Mature Engineering Environment for Senior Engineers
Senior Software Engineer III (L6) (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA31 July 2016
Akamai's technical assets, systems and procedures are well developed and mature; a day at Akamai is a day refining and renewing these things in small but important ways. Engineers must understand that there is 15 years of very diligent work and careful attention to detail that proceeds them. There are opportunities to innovate, but he pace of change is no faster than that of refinement - and for good reason.

The management cares deeply about the employees, they work hard to nurture and encourage career development at all levels. Akamai invests in the community, students and even sponsors programs to teach those who've never worked in technology the basics. Akamai has a strong culture of diversity and a good balance across cultures and genders.
Pros
Excellent place to learn, develop solid engineering skills learn about how the Internet really works
Cons
Not quick to adopt new techniques, technologies or practices
Smart People
International Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA1 July 2016
Fast paced. Not a fan of the vacation policy. Lots of smart people. Not super friendly. Flexible work policy. Internationally minded.
Pros
good location
Cons
stressful
Nice Workplace
Account Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA15 June 2016
Nice co-workers
management
Close to MIT and MGH, Heavy work load, International vendors.
JP-Morgan Chase to process manual wires.
Pros
Short Commute
Cons
Sending jobs overseas
Nice place to work.
SOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FL31 May 2016
Nice people, nice environment, nice place to work overall. Due to company policies I am not allowed to divulge to much information, but again a very nice place to work.
Very productive and fun to work place.
Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka25 May 2016
A best company to work on. Employee benefits is the main motive. Overall all best place to work. Our Finance team is awesome, manger is too supportive, helps to solve any issues before escalation.
Pros
Employee benefits oriented.
Cons
Mangers need to more open.
Services Development Team
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka18 May 2016
*Lack of connectivity & Access to Akamai Engineering tools
* Overlapping project Development
* NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT is a bug challenge to convince Engineering
* Service Management seriously lack vision
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Extra hours
fu place
Business Analyst & Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA17 May 2016
I had a very good experience working . they are a very good company to work for and through my difficult journey of my mother's illness they were very supportive
Really great company
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA25 April 2016
Really great company to work for. Excellent place to learn and they are an industry leader and encourage innovation strongly.
amazing company to work with in this technology space
Account Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka12 April 2016
Being a market leader and the company that invented the CDN space 17 years back, the company has amazing benefits for its employees with great culture
Security Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka9 April 2016
This is that one company where you learn how Internet really works faster. Amazing technology and good quality of work. Not much of balance between work and life though since i was working in the security operation center.
productive and fun
Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA30 March 2016
Great place to work. Very easy to get along with everyone and to get involved with the firm. Could use better communication between departments but overall a great place.