Akamai Technologies Employee Reviews

overall company is good
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 April 2017
overall employee centric encouraging innovation. I have been with Akamai since 6 years now. the company offers a good platform to learn and grow. However there is lot of ambiguity in performance parameters.
Pros
encourages innovation, opportunity to try new things in any role
Cons
unstructured, not many good leaders
Very employee friendly, great place to grow
Manager Engineering (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 April 2017
Great place to work and grow. You need to know and grab the right opportunity and get ahead. The management is very friendly and you are looked after very well. Technology wise you can learn a lot if u are in the right team
Excellent Learning
Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 April 2017
Akamai is a great place to work for, it is a good work life balance.

Learning is always there with excellent management team, and it if up to our potential to build from there.
Great Experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA5 April 2017
This was a great company to grow as a sales person. A billion collar company that invests in its employees. Lots of great training and meetings with teams to learn every advantage to take to the field.
I own my work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka4 April 2017
In my day - to - day activities I interact with my stakeholders, report and analyse information and also work with accounting and purchasing teams to streamline the information to make the data more easily digestible to my stakeholders.

Regular review meetings in mid-month and to adopt changes as per the stakeholders request.
Employee friendly work culture. Great place to work
Sr. System software engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India22 March 2017
Great place to work.
Work from anywhere anytime and get the job done. That's what matters. Can easily balance Professional & Personal life. You will get snacks all the time in the pantry if you work late in office and feel hungry.
Pros
Free Snacks, Employee friendly work culture
Cons
Less guidance from supervisor. you will be on your own.
Most challenging and highly educative position ever held
Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, Karnataka20 March 2017
It was indeed an honour to work with one of the world's best employers who still remains in the top 10 positions globally. An organization which places tremendous priority to families and personal life of an employee. Skillful hand picked Management which knows the pulse of the department and every employee. Detail oriented organization which recruits employees very strategically and under stringent methodologies. Informal friendly culture motivates an employee to remain committed and loyal to the organization. Working was fun and managers knew how exactly to extract best results from every employee. I gained the highest level of knowledge in Market Research, account development, inside sales, channel sales, technological insights, handling and managing C-level officials from across the world.
Fortune 500 company with brilliant people.
Security Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL20 March 2017
Everyday was a opportunity to learn from top notch people and employees. The environment encourage and respected hard work and perseverance as well as encouraging several off-site activities.
Very good place to Work
Contract Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka17 March 2017
Freedom to work in any development technologies. Very good environment to update and upgrade yourself to new thing. You will Learn A Lot. Good workspace culture and you will enjoy what you doing.
Pros
Good place to work, Good personal life balance
Cons
nothing
Good Work Place
SOC Specialist Senior (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka9 March 2017
- One of the best cloud security companies
- Good work life balance
- Lot of technologies to learn and I got an opportunity to work on multiple technologies
- Amazing work place
Site Reliability Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka8 March 2017
The company is very good to work for . A good learning experience with opportunities to work on leading technologies .There is lot of scope for innovation
Pros
Free Food and transport
Cons
Late night work hours
Overall Good Experience
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA7 March 2017
Good people, great technologies, very encouraging of people moving within the company to help them grow professionally.Great benefits and a very smart management team.
Fun Workplace, Very Smart People Who Genuinely Want You To Succeed
Web, Global Industry, & Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA6 March 2017
Akamai is a great company with an amazing vibe. Even as an intern, the sense of freedom, responsibility, and respect I was given was very impressive. Definitely a place that I would love to return to full-time!
Productive and a fun place to work!
Principal Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 March 2017
Akamai provides a unique blend of work life balance and the benefits are employee friendly.
Th learning is immense in Akamai as the company appreciates and recognizes individuals who have a desire to learn and grow.
The management is mainly flat lined and do a fair job.
I have really enjoyed my 5+ tenure in Akamai as it has allowed me to think, adapt, implement and grow in the organisation.
Pros
Free Breakfast and dinner, Snacks in the evening, Salad Counter, Amazing workplace, Health sessions. Medical checkups, etc.
Cons
Sometimes, the job might ask you to stretch into late hours
Great company, free lunches on Project Develoment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA2 March 2017
Great company to work for in IT. High energy and they hire a lot of outside contractors for projects. High turnover rate though. Would go back there for the environment.
Pros
Great energy and project development.
Cons
High turnover rate.
Fun workplace
Platform Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka28 February 2017
Company is good. Benefits are excellent. Management not soo great. Company insists on self learning. Nocc candidate will not have much growth, as a fresher its okay to join but not good to stay for more than a year.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka19 February 2017
Akamai is great place to work with the following qualities

Great culture
Good work life balance
Great benefits
Cutting edge technologies
Overall a great place to work
Pros
Free breakfast and dinner, cab transport
Cons
Na
Former marketing work horse
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA9 February 2017
The management in this marketing position was very unprofessional and treats their employees with little to no respect.

There is no clear-cut policy for hours per week or time off, so be very careful. I had a death in the family, and with adequate information provided, I was still reprimanded for not coming to work the day of the funeral. Very sad.

Great company, but be weary coming into this role.
Network Streaming at its best
Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA6 February 2017
My time at Akamai Technologies was the most fascinating job experience I've had. WE worked closely with many up and coming Network giants, streaming video and audio at a time it was very new and challenging over the internet platform. Our successes were many, and the company was all over the Nasdaq, until ultimately the internet "bubble" burst and many tech companies went n hiatus, or closed altogether.
Pros
Work environment and benefits
Cons
9/11 changed everything for our company, most of us lost our jobs
AKamai Technology a great big company with startup cutlure
Senior SQA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA31 January 2017
Great company good people and good technology. Very fast paced and always new things to learn. Commute is hard unless you live in the Boston area. Also not paid parking although they do give you a discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akamai Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.