Akamai Technologies Employee Reviews

Good Place to work with
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Banglore,KarnatakaSeptember 23, 2015
I increased my skills and knowledge in Testing.It provides good environment for Learning.Management takes care of employees by careerwise. co-workers are very supportive.
Best place to work
Solutions Architect.Performance Evaluation Team (Former Employee) –  Bangalore IndiaMarch 18, 2015
Akamai was my first company and its been a complete honor and privilege to work with few of the finest minds in the world! Though I was a fresher from college I was treated with equal dignity as other lateral hires and my opinions were always respected. I was blessed with a great team which helped my overall development! The support from the higher-ups is also tremendous which helped me in shaping my career at Akamai. It indeed is the best place to work!
FEEL LIKE HOME
Technical Solutions Engineer from 4 (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KAAugust 27, 2015
Akamai is a fun place to work with good facilities and infrastructure to the employees, the most enjoyable work place with too many eminities
A fast growing company with very intelligent employees
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Co-workers: Always friendly and willing to help with questions
Management: Top notch people. Always very busy, but they seem to genuinely care about the satisfaction of their team and the company as a whole.
Typical Day: Includes conference calls with team members & partners around the world and some meetings in the office. The rest of the time is spent working on tasks at my desk.
Pros
unlimited vacation, ability to work remotely, & the best benefits possible
easy going
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 21, 2015
not much scope for advancement
some teams are heavy on politics
internal transfer is never easy .. not teams with great education. just bachelor
Excellent place to learn and Grow
Platform Operation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KAMarch 10, 2015
It is a great place where a individual can learn and grow. Work is fun and peoples are helpful. Sometimes work load is high but manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job is its fun place. where us can work and play.
Pros
free food, no dress code
Cons
not found yet
Great benefits, not so great security
Senior Software Engineer - Content Data Networks (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2014
Projects are fun and work life balance is great. Very long project times made it a low-stress environment but sometimes difficult to feel like you're getting anything done. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
low-stress, big company benefits, rsu's
Cons
low security, endless meetings, dated technologies
Excellent company to work for
Senior Account Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 9, 2013
Typical day at work: no micromanagement,allowed to just get results at my own pace.

What I learned: How to prospect into large enterprises. The value of being creative.

Management: Cream of the crop. Industry leading trenders.

Co-workers: Bright, engaged, supportive.

Hardest part of the job: Balancing priorities in the fast paced environment.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Performance is well rewarded.
Pros
excellent work environment, collaboration and creativity encouraged
Cons
pace of innovation sometimes collides with practical realities involved with marketing, selling and supporting services.
Amazing place to work with great benefits
Sr Program Manager Product Operations (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaMay 8, 2012
I have been working with Akamai Technologies from over 6 and half years, started my tenure in October 2005 as a Market development specialist and moved on to become a Sr Program Manager for Product Operations.

Akamai gave me professional growth and they have invested in training us to be a niche asset for any company we would work for in near future.

The Management is amazing and if you perform and prove yourself, there are no road blocks for you. You can grow vertically or laterally.

You can be a sales rep for sometime and move to become a head of billing group, Akamai loves people who are willing to take risks to diversify their career aspects.
Pros
good insurance benefits for self and dependents, offsites, training's in usa, good pay package
Cons
limited growth after a while
Solutions Architect Co-op
Solutions Architect Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 22, 2013
A very hands on approach towards Co-ops and Internships which was very refreshing to see. They actually give the Interns and Co-ops customer facing work as soon after they are internally trained and certified. You would learn an amazing amount of Internet Technologies. Very friendly and productive environment.
Fun company and great employees
Account Manager / Streaming Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San DiegoApril 30, 2013
This was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about the internet industry. The employees have kept in touch with each other as we were very close.
Pros
exciting and cutting edge / great insurance and stock options
Cons
pay was a little low
One of the best places to work
Senior Director Americas Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 1, 2013
Great place to work in your young single and live in the Cambridge area. This is the hub of the Internet and new an exciting things are always going on.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
never really off the job. unlimited vacation policy
No work life balance
Release Engineer Senior (Current Employee) –  bangalore,kaFebruary 14, 2015
They pay well but No work life balance, life sucks really.

Get organized Akamai

Day starts crazy and ends as more crzier one
Cons
no work life balance
Good Place as long as your not aquired by them
Network Operations/NOCC Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 21, 2014
It was a buyout of Nine Systems in Denver that eventually was absorbed then closed in Denver.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
job retention not good in co anyway.
Not Recommended for designer
User Experience Design Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 28, 2013
I was a contractor in the Cambridge office. Now their design team is experiencing a growth pain. It is a good company overall. But not a good time to join their design team for now.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
bad managment
Masters of the Internet!
Vice-president, Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 27, 2013
Akamai is going through a slow but steady transformation which is hard in some ways for those who work there but its also really exciting. The opportunity is huge.
Fun and Responsible Environmenet
Salesforce developer (Current Employee) –  BangaloreFebruary 9, 2014
Very good place to work here. People are very helpful. I have learned lot from seniors and lead here. Playing Table tennis and cricket is my favorite activities.
One of the best companies to work with
Designation - Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KAJuly 2, 2013
Importance to people, cultural and emotional values
Employee friendly environment
Very Organized and talent group of employees
Dynamic fast paced
Sr. Logistics Team Lead and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 8, 2014
I learned a lot at Akamai. Most important, I learned to have the self confidence in myself needed to make it through 7 years at Akamai.
Great company
Payroll Analyst-International/US (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 16, 2014
Great company, well established in its industry.
Day to day responsibilities are challenging.
Pros
growth