Akamai Technologies Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace, Very Smart People Who Genuinely Want You To Succeed
Web, Global Industry, & Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA6 March 2017
Akamai is a great company with an amazing vibe. Even as an intern, the sense of freedom, responsibility, and respect I was given was very impressive. Definitely a place that I would love to return to full-time!
Productive and a fun place to work!
Principal Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 March 2017
Akamai provides a unique blend of work life balance and the benefits are employee friendly.
Th learning is immense in Akamai as the company appreciates and recognizes individuals who have a desire to learn and grow.
The management is mainly flat lined and do a fair job.
I have really enjoyed my 5+ tenure in Akamai as it has allowed me to think, adapt, implement and grow in the organisation.
Pros
Free Breakfast and dinner, Snacks in the evening, Salad Counter, Amazing workplace, Health sessions. Medical checkups, etc.
Cons
Sometimes, the job might ask you to stretch into late hours
Great company, free lunches on Project Develoment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA2 March 2017
Great company to work for in IT. High energy and they hire a lot of outside contractors for projects. High turnover rate though. Would go back there for the environment.
Pros
Great energy and project development.
Cons
High turnover rate.
Fun workplace
Platform Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka28 February 2017
Company is good. Benefits are excellent. Management not soo great. Company insists on self learning. Nocc candidate will not have much growth, as a fresher its okay to join but not good to stay for more than a year.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka19 February 2017
Akamai is great place to work with the following qualities

Great culture
Good work life balance
Great benefits
Cutting edge technologies
Overall a great place to work
Pros
Free breakfast and dinner, cab transport
Cons
Na
Former marketing work horse
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA9 February 2017
The management in this marketing position was very unprofessional and treats their employees with little to no respect.

There is no clear-cut policy for hours per week or time off, so be very careful. I had a death in the family, and with adequate information provided, I was still reprimanded for not coming to work the day of the funeral. Very sad.

Great company, but be weary coming into this role.
Network Streaming at its best
Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA6 February 2017
My time at Akamai Technologies was the most fascinating job experience I've had. WE worked closely with many up and coming Network giants, streaming video and audio at a time it was very new and challenging over the internet platform. Our successes were many, and the company was all over the Nasdaq, until ultimately the internet "bubble" burst and many tech companies went n hiatus, or closed altogether.
Pros
Work environment and benefits
Cons
9/11 changed everything for our company, most of us lost our jobs
AKamai Technology a great big company with startup cutlure
Senior SQA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA31 January 2017
Great company good people and good technology. Very fast paced and always new things to learn. Commute is hard unless you live in the Boston area. Also not paid parking although they do give you a discount.
Akamai is one of the best companies to be in
Solution Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka23 January 2017
The work culture and the facilities are awesome.
They put Employees first.
The training program is very intensive and they equip you with all information possible.
People in different teams and the management is very approachable.
good for retirement
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA5 January 2017
Pros:

good people, intelligent software discussions,

Con

lower than market compensation and no clear future growth plan
Pros
good people
Cons
lower than market compensation and no clear future growth plan
Best Place Ever
Security Operation Center (SOC) Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA5 January 2017
Incredible place, amazing location, terrific benefits, and an indoor gym, table games. You get to work with an incredibly astute set of people and have a hand in making a difference at to how the internet functions daily. Every day is an opportunity to learn and better yourself professionally.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Fantastic atmosphere to excel and learn
Senior ADE - Account Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka3 January 2017
Akamai is a wonderful company with excellent work life balance.

You get an opportunity to learn as well as excel in what your interest lies in.

We are a great team that is highly motivated and supportive.
Pros
Free breakfast, Lunch, snack and dinner
Cons
Nothing so far
Good Remuneration, great work life balance however their is no established growth plan for employees.
Account Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka16 December 2016
Akamai is a great place for work life balance, you have the flexibility in work hours however their is no established growth plan for employees, especially the ones supporting America's business from India.

Akamai pays well, lets you have fun but not a career place for ambitious ones as they get you tied to a single team or business process.
Pros
Akamai pays well, lets you have fun
fun place work
Senior Corporate Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka1 December 2016
I completely enjoyed working at Akamai, great place to work,
you are allowed to take your discussion based on the requirement. Management team was great and co-workers are more then a friend, hardest part of my job was as I was in facility need keep things going on monitoring while other team enjoy the events...,
the enjoyable part of the job was my work and interacting with many co-workers.
Pros
Free snacks, subsidised lunch and other benefits
Cons
working hours as per the norms, lunch break and snack breaks etc...
The petal and the thorn
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA29 November 2016
I will preface my review by saying Akamai is a global company and the culture varies greatly depending on your location and department. I firmly believe that the good far outweighs the bad.

We are a driven, intellectually curious collective that is always pushing ourselves and those around us to achieve the next level, rethink what is possible, and break through plateaus. In a place where you arrive and you are already behind, finding a healthy work life balance is one of the largest and most common challenges that exist.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Disconnect between executive leadership and middle management
Best Work place
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangalore18 November 2016
The best workplace. Best work and life balance. Good learning.

Time were very flexible
You are given opportunity to learn everything of your interest
Management is great
Co workers are amazing
To leave the job
Every day at work
Great company, smart people
Senior Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA15 November 2016
It's a great company. People are smart. I learns something new every day. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the politics, but I'm pretty good at ignoring them.
Great Place to Intern
Human Resources Intern in Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA20 October 2016
The work culture at Akamai was amazing and I learned a lot from the time I spent there. The University Relations Program is perfect and they run many programs during the internships seasons to expose us to the business and to network with others.
Great coworkers
Information Security, Technical Program Manager II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA30 September 2016
Akamai has a great helpful culture. Coworkers are supportive and cooperative. Very smart people working in a fast-paced environment
Nice Place to work
Helpdesk Admin Senior (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka30 August 2016
Lot of daily challenges and get to learn new things on a daily basis
Also have a wonderful team and skill set is superb for all my coworkers
Nice to manage the team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akamai Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2