Akamai Technologies Employee Reviews

Challenging problems to solve
User Experience (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA16 October 2017
Interesting design problems to work on, great autonomy to take on problems and define solutions. Heavy engineering-centric culture, beginning to adopt user-centered methodologies. Can be a challenge to break out of business unit silos. Good life-work balance.
N/a
Sr. Contract/Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Karnataka13 October 2017
Good company to work with lot of Leaning every. Workplace culture is very good. The most enjoyable part of the work is Package they are well known for paying their employee.
Senior Instructional Designer and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA13 October 2017
I liked Akamai, but I had to leave the company because of my manager. Seems to be a big theme at Akamai. HR was involved because the entire department had issues with her. Yet, nothing was ever done and people continue to leave the company.
Amazing work atmosphere
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka7 October 2017
Bolstering people around and mainly depends on the team.
A very employee friendly organisation and the perks are good enough, but has a scope of improvement. Long story short, good place to work at !
Work Life Balance
Senior Lead (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka27 September 2017
Good place to work as long as your managers are good and recognize your work. Work life balance is good.

Overall nice place to start your career. ....
Cloud & Cybersecurity Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC19 September 2017
Akamai is working to integrate a focus on security as it moves away from a primarily CDN focus. Akamai is poised to continue to grow the company over time.
Good company to work for.
Logistics Specialist Senior (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, Karnataka11 September 2017
Good company to work for. Manageable work load and good compensation. No help from Manager in respect of growth inside the organization. Management lacks focus and never rescues.
Pros
Manageable work load and good compensation
Cons
No help from Manager in respect of growth inside the organization
My Summary
Marketing Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA6 September 2017
I write this review after about fourteen months after departing the company, the end of my short term contract reaching an end. In fact it would be hard to review my time at Akamai as I was being employed through Pro Unlimited.
Employee friendly Company
Commissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellandur, Karnataka30 August 2017
Diversity and flexibility, its great place to work. the profile i work in currently has given me very good analytical experiences in 5years of my tenure i have never had complaints about the Job.
Akamai Work life
Developer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka23 August 2017
Akamai is great Place to Work for and a Lovely Company to work for in India

The Atmosphere here is highly motivating and Innovating for any new person who Joins
Productive and fun workplace
SENIOR TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA4 August 2017
Startup culture with the stability of a well established company.
Really smart people who love what they do!
Great perks and benefits, flexible hours and unlimited PTO
Good place to work as long as you are in the right team
Senior Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka20 July 2017
Nice place with good work culture, but you have to be in the right team to be happy. The services division isn't really the best place to be in if you are coming from a development background.
Nice Place to Work
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA17 July 2017
Nice place to work except stay away from the Web Experience Group, Management in that group is tough to work with.

Flexible work schedule. Nice Salary and benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Difficult to commute into Cambridge
The best place to work
Senior Account Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka14 July 2017
Akamai Technologies was where I started my career. The most amazing workplace with some of the brightest minds in the industry. The level of competition was so high that we had to stay ahead of the game and that was a thrill to experience. Benefits and exposure was beyond my expectations and the clarity of your work being recognised and rewarded was exceptional. The management was top notch and we had easy access to reach out to anyone we felt like. I enjoyed every part of my job.
Pros
Everything you can think of at a place to work
Cons
Not too much
Learning and Fun
Senior client service manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka13 July 2017
Amazing Company to work for, lot of learning and fun. good work life balance. working from home, free lunches, scope of learning.
employee oriented and great work culture
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Challenging workplace - very fast pace
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Ma12 July 2017
Lots of interesting problems for software engineers - because of fast growth and the scale of the business. Significantly home-grown software stack. Very highly-educated workforce.
Awesome place to be at
Partner Services Manager (PSM) (Former Employee) –  bangalore12 July 2017
Akamai is a great place to work at. They look after their employees well.
They need to improve their products to continue to stay in competition with the others in the CDN field.
Balanced Place for Work and Fun
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA5 July 2017
Akamai technologies is a great company to work for. They care about their workers and have a great atmosphere in their Santa Clara office. The people are nice and are generally talkative. My manager was amazing. She had that perfect balance of authority and confidant. The biggest draw back was how the main corporate office is in Cambridge, MA. It created problems in communication. I would love coming in to work everyday. The best part about Akamai is how they treat their workers. They are provided with things they need to accomplish their jobs and even provide break time fun like ping pong and pool tables, even video games.
Challenging and rewarding atmosphere
Senior Technical Writer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA27 June 2017
Worked with very bright people who would go the extra mile to make sure you understood what you needed to get the job done. Deeply technical and stimulating work.
Very good place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Banaglore27 June 2017
Excellent work culture and pay package. Superb learning and very good people. Being a product based company the work is stress free. Work life balance is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akamai Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2