Akamai Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company if you're a tech person. Otherwise, look somewhere else
Non-technical position (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Great people to work with, health care benefits are great. Subsidized commuter cost
Akamai has very hopeful and ideal work culture. They try and try to make you feel awesome about what you do.
But, "try"ing is not enough. Started from a very small and tightly knit group of people, while the ideal is great, does not necessarily translate into the future very well, IMHO. Very little to no talent management. Manager trainings are laughable. Stale, older culture remains within groups and very strong office politics drive the majority. Not sure about other BU's but where I'm in, there's dwindling next generation of workers, which in my humble opinion, is not a good sign, especially when you look at the market now, that there are a plenty of competitors who are trying to do the same as Akamai does.

Growing pain? maybe. But you can't keep continue to have the "pain". You need to learn and adapt to get out of the funk. It seems that senior management is oblivious to what is actually going on below their level.

Great company if you're an engineer. They are treated very well.
Otherwise, there are plenty of other companies that you CAN get treated very well for your non-technical contribution.
Good to Work there
Netbackup Administrator (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 9, 2015
It's a Superb product based Company.
It's really nice to work there.
Nice People & Management as well.
I learned lot of good things & skills there.
what I learned
Technical Project Manager/Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Ft LauderdaleOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Great place to work, amazing coworkers
Cons: workload, hours
Working with cutting edge technology has allowed me to grow as a professional, teammate and increase my personal knowledge. Being able to collaborate with a great team of professional individuals has been a great experience.
Good Place to work with
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Banglore,KarnatakaSeptember 23, 2015
I increased my skills and knowledge in Testing.It provides good environment for Learning.Management takes care of employees by careerwise. co-workers are very supportive.
FEEL LIKE HOME
Technical Solutions Engineer from 4 (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 27, 2015
Akamai is a fun place to work with good facilities and infrastructure to the employees, the most enjoyable work place with too many eminities
Productive and fun place to work in
System Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaAugust 21, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but you personally grow and develop.Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Most co-operative, hard-working and fun place to work at!
Technical Support, Customer Care (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 29, 2015
It has been a wonderful experience working at Akamai. I am so glad that I got a chance to do that. A typical day at work involves a lot of smiling and helping faces, great quality of work and engrossing conversations! The only place where everyone actually cares to know how you're doing.
easy going
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 21, 2015
not much scope for advancement
some teams are heavy on politics
internal transfer is never easy .. not teams with great education. just bachelor
No work/family balance
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2015
Cons: No work/family balance
Management is very demanding. Expectation that you work day/night 60+ hrs/week as long as you produce billable hours. Snobbish attitude can be observed of some people that have worked there over 2-3 years. There are great and helpful people and teams, so be careful in your selection and observe.
Best place to work
Solutions Architect.Performance Evaluation Team (Former Employee), Bangalore IndiaMarch 18, 2015
Akamai was my first company and its been a complete honor and privilege to work with few of the finest minds in the world! Though I was a fresher from college I was treated with equal dignity as other lateral hires and my opinions were always respected. I was blessed with a great team which helped my overall development! The support from the higher-ups is also tremendous which helped me in shaping my career at Akamai. It indeed is the best place to work!
Excellent place to learn and Grow
Platform Operation Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free food, no dress code
Cons: not found yet
It is a great place where a individual can learn and grow. Work is fun and peoples are helpful. Sometimes work load is high but manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job is its fun place. where us can work and play.
A fast growing company with very intelligent employees
Program Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: unlimited vacation, ability to work remotely, & the best benefits possible
Co-workers: Always friendly and willing to help with questions
Management: Top notch people. Always very busy, but they seem to genuinely care about the satisfaction of their team and the company as a whole.
Typical Day: Includes conference calls with team members & partners around the world and some meetings in the office. The rest of the time is spent working on tasks at my desk.
No work life balance
Release Engineer Senior (Current Employee), bangalore,kaFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: no work life balance
They pay well but No work life balance, life sucks really.

Get organized Akamai

Day starts crazy and ends as more crzier one
Great benefits, not so great security
Senior Software Engineer - Content Data Networks (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: low-stress, big company benefits, rsu's
Cons: low security, endless meetings, dated technologies
Projects are fun and work life balance is great. Very long project times made it a low-stress environment but sometimes difficult to feel like you're getting anything done. Overall a good place to work.
Great company
Payroll Analyst-International/US (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 16, 2014
Pros: growth
Great company, well established in its industry.
Day to day responsibilities are challenging.
Nice Company & good work Culture
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 3, 2014
Akamai is good brand in India. Work culture in Akamai is very cool.
Micro Management is less.
Good Place as long as your not aquired by them
Network Operations/NOCC Support Engineer (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: job retention not good in co anyway.
It was a buyout of Nine Systems in Denver that eventually was absorbed then closed in Denver.
MAJOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 16, 2014
Great company and culture, very exciting technology. Its getting harder for sales folks to make good money here.
Associate Solutions Architect Intern (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hectic
Management is great. Co-workers are helpful and cool. Learnt a lot of things.
Fun place to work
Web Experience Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 5, 2014
Akamai is a great place to work with intelligent and bright minds around you. A very open work culture.
Headquarters