Airport Terminal Services Employee Reviews

Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
Agencies like Swissport who run over 8 airlines takes 2 weeks, with ATS it takes 3 months or more to train its employees, same process goes for acquiring a RAIC (Restricted Access Identity Card), expect a very slow process, unqualified employees, management, and very slow work environment. ATS does not recognize post secondary education. If you are hired for PSA role, expect minimum wage pay. Benefits kick in at 6 months of employment.

However despite all the negative it is great for acquiring experience.
Pros
Experience to transfer to other airlines, unionized workplace
Cons
Minimum wage, benefits, training, management, employees
This company is a joke. Stay far away
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2017
This company treats its employees like garbage. Management are a bunch of drunks. They will give new employees a used uniform because they don't think you will stay long enough. There are constant safety issues due to lack of training. No room for advancement. Constant payroll mess ups. Management is always trying to save money, cut corners, etc. This company is a joke. Don't even waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Don't waste your time
fun workplace if you really love being around airplanes
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2017
We always have the same routine at work every single. We offload and onload every single bag that is in the plane. We arrange the bags of the passengers according to their flight number.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
long hours and poor management
Was a close nit work environment.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2016
I loved this job, I love aviation and to be beside these massive flying machines. Aside for one flaw I have no negative comments about this place. The only reason I was let go was due to an injury. I damaged my ankle pretty bad and it took a really long time to heal and i understand they have strict timelines to meet and without me there it added stress. But the management was great, they always acknowledged the hard workers and they ensure safety. It is incredibly physically demanding but you get the proper rest between flights. The staff there were really close because we did not want to see anyone get hurt. My injury was freak luck. Advancement is simple if you try hard and let them know you want to.
Pros
A great workout, excellent benefits and its so fun
Cons
Exhaughsting
Crew chief
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab29 January 2017
I started as a luggage handler, within a month of starting I was a crew chief, I always stayed late just to help out because on night shift thats where the best people were. those that showed they had very good work ethic got promoted faster than most. Hand down the best job u ever had. I would go back in a heart beat. You get to learn about planes that most people don't know.
Pros
Benefits and flight passes. Flight attendants.
Cons
Gm sucked.
You barely make just above minimum wage.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2016
Not a bad entry level job working on steel birds, loading and offloading bags in confined spaces are challenging at times but it's a good workout & the cold weather is quite nasty as the airport is super windy for some reason. Other than that the pay really sucks so don't stick around too long $11.30/hr isn't worth it.
Pros
Westjet benefits after 3 months, part time shifts are short and you get a nice workout
Cons
Just a few cents above minimum wage
Horrible, do not even think about applying here
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2016
Horrible horrible horrible company. Management sucks, training sucks, equipment sucks, everything about this company sucks. Constant turnover, unqualified trainers, be prepared not to be trained on anything. This company does not care about its employees. Everyone in management is condescending. This company also frequently breaks labour laws.
Pros
Cons
Everything sucks
Labor staff are great, management lacking
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2017
Management took from you easily but when you needed them to do their job they hid from that opportunity. Labor staff was great though, some bad apples in the bunch as per usual.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for down time
Cons
Winters are brutal, Management poor
overall good experience
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
i joined airport terminal services as ramp crew after 6 month got promotion as ramp crew chief .when its too cold lots of people do sick called and only few crew handling all ramp duties its very hard to manage.i never did sick call and over all its good experience.
Fun
Absolute total service home management (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC26 February 2017
Working for this company was fun and up beat enjoyed the long hours and the hard work and everyday experiences.I learnt alot from this company and the boss was great.
Pros
pays well
Cons
long hard hours of work
Dont work here.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2016
Ats doesn't ant care about thede employees, the pay sucks. Management is a joke and the hours are horrible. You dont get to pick the equipment. Is garbage and is allways broken. Dont work here! You will regret it. And they don't t pay overtime for covering shifts and bd dont let you take days off. Unless its your vacation. Wich you can only take. On certain Months
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Carol sucks
fun group of people to work with
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
Management had its issues of not caring for their employees, but the staff I worked with was amazing and friendly,.

Managements buggiest issue was making promises that they never had any plans to keep.
big time no
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
never again i will work there again

no respect
management treats you like your no one
pay you nothing
wont put in the hours to pay you at all
your always fighting for your last pay
Not too bad
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
All of co-worker is very nice and friendly.
Always work together and talk and discuss about company together.
Work environment are not too bad
Also Salary and Benefits are not too bad
But not enough. Still need increase and growth
Good people to work with
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2016
On load and off load bag from planes was good job to have just pay was to low to live on met lots of people met some good people to work with had some good job experinces with this job
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
No stop
great place to work
former manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
great team, great environment to work. quick paced but very fun to come to work! and ability to have breaks throughtout the day, flight benefits were a nice bonus!
fun workplace with freedom
general labour (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 December 2015
check in go in side of work area usually earlier in the day anytime before shift actually started I might grab the forklift and clear the merchandise to make room for the next shift etc I had learned much the destinations of most merchandise so I was abled to take it to the right truck management was there every day coordinating the traffic
my co workers were usually on the floor putting the merchandise together for the same location some were in the forklift clearing the area in order to clear more stuff there was really no hard part in the job wheather it was working on the trailer unloading loading or out on the conveyor belt to section out the different locations or using the forklift they were all the same jobs I did prefer driving the forklift to get some experience
Pros
Cons
no lunch
One of the easiest jobs ever
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
So if you're using for a easy job this couldn't be the easiest job in my life time. You work for an hour and get 3 hours off which is bad abut good for the lazy people
it was okay.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
they tried to get me to go back to work on an injury when the doctor told me i should be goiing back to work, they threatened me my job, I was scared to go back to work to permenantly injure myself.
It is ok as s starting work
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 November 2016
Just to get raic done.
No life.

Managers always care about their own personal life. they'll make work 7 days with no days off. If you work other job in same airport they come and insult you infront of your other employer.

57%