Airport Terminal Services

Airport Terminal Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Was a close nit work environment.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 12, 2016
I loved this job, I love aviation and to be beside these massive flying machines. Aside for one flaw I have no negative comments about this place. The only reason I was let go was due to an injury. I damaged my ankle pretty bad and it took a really long time to heal and i understand they have strict timelines to meet and without me there it added stress. But the management was great, they always acknowledged the hard workers and they ensure safety. It is incredibly physically demanding but you get the proper rest between flights. The staff there were really close because we did not want to see anyone get hurt. My injury was freak luck. Advancement is simple if you try hard and let them know you want to.
Pros
A great workout, excellent benefits and its so fun
Cons
Exhaughsting
worst entry level airline job
CSA (Former Employee) –  YVRApril 6, 2016
in the interview, can you work early mornings? Yes, please.
can you work more than 40, possibly 50 hours a week or more? yes, I can. You get flight benefits. All lies. Worked 16 hours a week. Worked mostly night shifts. There is NO flight benefits!
One cannot survive on 16 hours a week at minimum wage. I would like to know where they find these managers with no working knowledge of people skills? Just awful. Lots of favoritism, and entitlement. Job showed so much promise, but in the end, it was a horrible experience.
Pros
you work at the airport, if travel is your thing
Cons
poorly managed.
machining, building and tearing down of equipment and working on the road
Machine Tool Builder & Integrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 11, 2016
Machining parts
Building equipment
Working closely with others
Tearing down equipment
Traveling all over the states
Pros
Travel, Satisfaction of a job well done, Creating
Cons
Long hours and away from family while on the road
fun workplace with freedom
general labour (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 29, 2015
check in go in side of work area usually earlier in the day anytime before shift actually started I might grab the forklift and clear the merchandise to make room for the next shift etc I had learned much the destinations of most merchandise so I was abled to take it to the right truck management was there every day coordinating the traffic
my co workers were usually on the floor putting the merchandise together for the same location some were in the forklift clearing the area in order to clear more stuff there was really no hard part in the job wheather it was working on the trailer unloading loading or out on the conveyor belt to section out the different locations or using the forklift they were all the same jobs I did prefer driving the forklift to get some experience
Pros
Cons
no lunch
a fun workplace
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 9, 2016
it is a good company. working in this company is a good start for those who wants to improve their customer skills. as well as a stepping stone to be more familiarize in the airline industry.
Intern power engineer
Power Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 29, 2016
It is multinational company which has good working environment And day work start with taking readings and operation inspection of equipments.
The worker and operator in plant are good in nature and willing to help.
Good place to work.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 3, 2016
Fun environment with people watching you closely while doing your work. The weather could get extreme on the ramp but that just make you tough.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Sore back
Hypocritical Management Staff
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
At this place of employment, your personal health and health of your dependents don't matter. You can receive job write ups for issues your were: a) not trained for, b) not aware of, and/or c) not feeling comfortable in that environment. This is the type of job position were angry passengers is an understatement, but how management handles these situations is pretty much nonexistent.
Pros
Your Coworkers
Cons
Never knowing when you REALLY finish your shift even after being set a schedule
A company that needs improvement within managing its employees and able to achieve professionalism in relation with employees. Securement of employee.
Special Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond AirportOctober 16, 2015
Typical day at work would be proving excellent customer service for guests of the airport.
I've learned to seek proper help when in need.
Management is poor there was lack of professionalism by having better communication of its employees.
Always get called in early to show up for work with little of notice.
Laid off within that 1 month of employment.
Failed to secure workers.

Co workers there was no proper introduction with co workers.
Some co workers dont do the job as it was expected.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping seniors, passengers, guests while working at the airport environment.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that we were going to get laid off while we still have to do our part at an expected date. Knowing that my service would no longer be needed.
fun,
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  gtaSeptember 15, 2015
It is a fun place to work with great management team, who are flexible on giving you more hours as when you need them. Also, the colleagues are very friendly and they are willing to help when help is needed. You get to meet different kinds of passengers everyday. you get to learn new things everyday.
Pros
flexible hours
Could be much better.
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  EdmontonSeptember 13, 2015
Management could be better, and the safety of the staff should be a higher priority to them. Some employees refuse to help out and do their jobs, and management rarely do anything about it when informed.
Pros
The occasional supplied lunch.
Cons
Management doesn't listen to employee problems, staff doesn't always work together.
bad place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  2000 WellingtonJanuary 6, 2016
Dont apply here. everything about it sucks. The bosses are bad, the work is long. the hours suck unless they like you and nobody cares about the job
horrible management
Passenger Service (Former Employee) –  edmonton, abJuly 21, 2015
Some great front-line workers. Upper management does not care about employees and never acknowledges anyone. Poorly run. Great CSM though but awful station manager snd HR not that great. No work/life balance. Actually no life at all with 3:30am shift starts and always staying late for a delay or a cancellation. I would never ever recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
great front line staff
Cons
management, long hours, lack of recognition
OK NOT BAD COMPANY
Title Active Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
CAN WORK AND BALANCE LIFE, WOULD RECOMEND PERSON FOR THIS JOB IF I WOULD BE ASK ABOUT WORKING HERE. THANKS YOU ATS GOOD TEAM PLAYERS GREAT WORK ENVIROMENT AND OVERALL STAFFS ARE EVERY HELPFUL
Great Starter Job
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 25, 2015
Great job for younger people. Teaches you important life lessons and offers great training opportunities. Flexible Hours to meet everyones personal needs.
Pros
Low Pay
Cons
Flexible Hours
My typical work day
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Pearson International AirportApril 2, 2015
When I first sit down at my desk, I open all applications needed to do my job correctly (about 10 applications).
I am always involved with management to rectify any issues that arise during the day.
I answer phones, communicate over the radio and speak on the air to ground .
There's a lot of clerical work and stats that need to be done daily.
It is a very fast paced, high stress, quick thinking environment that I enjoy.
Like any job, co-workers are hit and miss but I've learned to adapt to different personalities so I am able to get along with most. This also applies to working with the public.
The hardest part is coming up with solutions to better the company and management doesn't acknowledge it. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." I'd like to think that I will always try and be part of the solution.
Productive workplace
consulting, Program Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2015
ATS is a dynamic, productive and motivated workplace, it always been a pleasure being one of its business team and wish everyone a sucessfull future career
Pros
Bonus and OTE
Cons
Makes you busy all the times
interesting not boring job, huge pressure but time going fast
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2015
Good job, very interesting environment airport, management overall ok but sometimes they are lost with there job..
Salary need to be much better because of job huge responsibility.
Co-workers are very good.
great fun management team
Department Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2015
I truly enjoyed my job, everyday was a new challenge and a new learning experience. I have learned so much from this position and i grew tremendously in my management skills , thanks to the great team of managers I worked with and great support.
Pros
flex ability, understanding managers, great support team
Cons
Very tough but rewarding job
Ramp Agent and Team leader (Former Employee) –  MontrealJanuary 19, 2015
I start work by setting up the gate for the arrival of my flight. I work under time pressure because of the expected time of flight departure. I work as a Team Leader which means i direct around 6-8 workers to perform their tasks and duties around the flight. I always make sure that everyone in the flight works as a team and not as an individual.