Airport Terminal Services

Airport Terminal Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
horrible management
Passenger Service (Former Employee), edmonton, abJuly 21, 2015
Pros: great front line staff
Cons: management, long hours, lack of recognition
Some great front-line workers. Upper management does not care about employees and never acknowledges anyone. Poorly run. Great CSM though but awful station manager snd HR not that great. No work/life balance. Actually no life at all with 3:30am shift starts and always staying late for a delay or a cancellation. I would never ever recommend working here to anyone.
Great work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2015
Start early in the morning, unload and load planes with baggage, working in extreme conditions. I've learned how airplanes operate, the different types of planes and the process of aviation security.
interesting not boring job, huge pressure but time going fast
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2015
Good job, very interesting environment airport, management overall ok but sometimes they are lost with there job..
Salary need to be much better because of job huge responsibility.
Co-workers are very good.
My typical work day
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Pearson International AirportApril 2, 2015
When I first sit down at my desk, I open all applications needed to do my job correctly (about 10 applications).
I am always involved with management to rectify any issues that arise during the day.
I answer phones, communicate over the radio and speak on the air to ground .
There's a lot of clerical work and stats that need to be done daily.
It is a very fast paced, high stress, quick thinking environment that I enjoy.
Like any job, co-workers are hit and miss but I've learned to adapt to different personalities so I am able to get along with most. This also applies to working with the public.
The hardest part is coming up with solutions to better the company and management doesn't acknowledge it. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." I'd like to think that I will always try and be part of the solution.
Very tough but rewarding job
Ramp Agent and Team leader (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 19, 2015
I start work by setting up the gate for the arrival of my flight. I work under time pressure because of the expected time of flight departure. I work as a Team Leader which means i direct around 6-8 workers to perform their tasks and duties around the flight. I always make sure that everyone in the flight works as a team and not as an individual.
I did
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2015
I did night shift work.
It was very hard job.
Out site work .
In the -40 degree I did the job.
It was tough tusk.
There was no night premium.
There was no other benifet wages.
Good Place to Learn Ground Handling
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: relative freedom during downtime
Cons: limited resources and training
I learned a lot about the airline industry and flight operations during my time here. I worked with some great people. Pay was not good, but you can work a lot of hours if you are so inclined, and receive overtime pay.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), mississaugaDecember 17, 2014
packaging and unpacking. wrapping skids, general labour, morning shifts from 630-330 , minium work load always standing doing one job that your assigned to by your manager.
job was good nice work an every day something new
Ramp Agent (Relief Crew Chief) (Former Employee), calgary abNovember 21, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: 10hr
• Good active listening skills
• Computer Literate - Adept with Microsoft application
• Determined, self-motivated and hardworking individual
• Willing to work under pressure and flexible to time and place assigned
• Trainable and attentive when it comes to learning
• Trustworthy and honest individual
i like it here
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 24, 2014
ITS A good job, learned to deal with new things every single day.
Airport Life
Passenger Service Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: ability to work as much overtime as desired
Cons: lack of appreciation of employees from managment
Working with a handling company that must balance multiple contracts there is always job insecurity, airlines like a customer must always be satisfied with management and employee performance. Airline employees like myself deal with all types of people in various scenarios. Travel is such a stressful event for many especially those inexperienced travellers whom are often overwhelmed with the reality of it. Daily we encounter passengers who do not have sufficient documentation to travel, expired documents, overbooked flights, delays, cancellations, misconnections and security breaches. In a fast paced environment where every minute counts although stressful we are always guaranteed something new. Each day offers different learning experiences and challenges, it is never a dull moment. In a lead position I must not only oversee and assign the positions of my coworkers but I am the one who is consulted in case of system failures or passenger complaints. Our Toronto team is very enthusiastic and hard working always putting forward there best efforts and that helps to facilitate our entire operation.
Entry level ramp agent
Ramp agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: lots of breaks
Cons: everything else
If you become an entry level ramp agent at YYZ 249/250 you will experience the following:

A union that is weak and lacks Influence unless you personally know the district chair and he likes you. Otherwise you will need to play office politics until you can win him over. Emails to union officials go unanswered unless you press the issue more than you should have to. Like other ramp agent positions in the industry you will be expected to work holidays and will be paid minimum wage. Additionally, you will be working in an environment that it dangerous and will not be given the proper training. The upper and lower management is a joke and favoritism runs rampant through the company. At YYZ they made someone a ramp manger who is unqualified and rude, and does not know how to push back an aircraft. Pathetic company when it comes to HR and being properly paid. Write down all your hours and be diligent because they will underpay you if they can get away with it.
Fun work place and productive
Special Service Agent (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJune 4, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: only 4 hour shifts, too little pay
Meet new people daily
Co workers are great
Patience is highly recommended
Management very nice
work schedule is flexible
(ATS) Calgary Airport (Full Time) (Current Employee), calgary, Alberta, CanadaApril 27, 2014
Great employees, great management, and fantastic team work.
fun environment
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), winnipeg,mbApril 20, 2014
typical day at work during winter, i learned i lot for every job i have like you need to check everything and how to supervised the people under you.
hardworking but fun
RAMP ATTENDANT- LEADHAND (Former Employee), edmontonMarch 24, 2014
Very busy, problem solving, physical job but awesome management and co workers
Horrible management and safety is overlooked
ramp agent (Former Employee), united - terminal oneJanuary 2, 2014
Cons: long hours, bad mangement, bad behaviour
ATS has no concern over safety they let people operate machinery without proper training. They give employees unsafe equipment to work on and worst of all they dont offer any benefits and the union chair is someone who does nothing but sleep in a chair all day.... DO NOT WORK FOR YYZ AIRPORT TERMINAL SERVICES SAVE UR TIME AND ENERGY
Horrible employer PERIOD, stay away, you've been warned (YYZ)
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, Ontario (YYZ)November 14, 2013
Pros: sleep at work, do anytthing, as many hours
Cons: no pay, little pay, payroll issues, management, hr and practically everything else
After being trained for 7 days, we were thrown onto the ramp. Left alone without escorts at all times and not knowing the proper rules. The HR sucks and Management is even worse. The company did not care whether we got out security clearance or not. They don't even have a punch clock that works, which means the hours go based on whatever the manager says. Even signing in on the designated 'sign-in' sheet doesn't matter. They will not pay you for work you do, even if you stay overtime, they pay you regular. 150 bucks deducted for uniform 40 for parking. No uniform received and no PPE. You are paid – more... 10.51 and if you are new, they abuse you. You are made to work harder than everyone else and YOU WILL NOT GET PAID properly.

HR is slack and the payroll guy is a complete waste. Neither can do their jobs, they cry about how tough their job is.

Stay clear of ATS, they don't have benefits and will not have them in the near future. People have been seen signing in, not working and signing out. Everyone sleeps on the job and if you need a hand, only a few people are willing to help out.

NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT! They say you can, but really, you cannot. The next step up is 11 bucks, which you become a lead. At Air Canada, the same position gets you more than double (26 bucks as a lead). More responsibility for minimal raise. – less
Fast paced, fun, and wonderful co-workers
Passenger Services Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnJune 15, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work has you helping at least 100 customers with tickets, baggage, boarding passes, upgrades and customer concerns. I learned a lot about customer service and how to please difficult customers. The management was friendly and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was the flight delays or cancellation. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the different people I got to meet.
Good place to learn the basics of flight cargo
Cargo Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2013
ITs a good place to work, but the pay sucks ... They are long periods of standing around, but when you work, you work.

Usually its an 8hr day but always room for overtime.

About Airport Terminal Services

ATS (Airport Terminal Services, Inc.) serves approximately 40 airports in the United States and Canada with over 2,000 employees. – Read more

Airport Terminal Services Photos

Fabrication & instalation of Crain on one of our barges.
Internacional Ramón Villeda Morales airport