Airport Terminal Services

Airport Terminal Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
worst entry level airline job
CSA (Former Employee), YVRApril 6, 2016
Pros: you work at the airport, if travel is your thing
Cons: poorly managed.
in the interview, can you work early mornings? Yes, please.
can you work more than 40, possibly 50 hours a week or more? yes, I can. You get flight benefits. All lies. Worked 16 hours a week. Worked mostly night shifts. There is NO flight benefits!
One cannot survive on 16 hours a week at minimum wage. I would like to know where they find these managers with no working knowledge of people skills? Just awful. Lots of favoritism, and entitlement. Job showed so much promise, but in the end, it was a horrible experience.
Hypocritical Management Staff
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Your Coworkers
Cons: Never knowing when you REALLY finish your shift even after being set a schedule
At this place of employment, your personal health and health of your dependents don't matter. You can receive job write ups for issues your were: a) not trained for, b) not aware of, and/or c) not feeling comfortable in that environment. This is the type of job position were angry passengers is an understatement, but how management handles these situations is pretty much nonexistent.
A company that needs improvement within managing its employees and able to achieve professionalism in relation with employees. Securement of employee.
Special Service Agent (Former Employee), Richmond AirportOctober 16, 2015
Typical day at work would be proving excellent customer service for guests of the airport.
I've learned to seek proper help when in need.
Management is poor there was lack of professionalism by having better communication of its employees.
Always get called in early to show up for work with little of notice.
Laid off within that 1 month of employment.
Failed to secure workers.

Co workers there was no proper introduction with co workers.
Some co workers dont do the job as it was expected.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping seniors, passengers, guests while working at the airport environment.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that we were going to get laid off while we still have to do our part at an expected date. Knowing that my service would no longer be needed.
Good place to work.
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Fun job
Cons: Sore back
Fun environment with people watching you closely while doing your work. The weather could get extreme on the ramp but that just make you tough.
fun,
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), gtaSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long hours
It is a fun place to work with great management team, who are flexible on giving you more hours as when you need them. Also, the colleagues are very friendly and they are willing to help when help is needed. You get to meet different kinds of passengers everyday. you get to learn new things everyday.
Could be much better.
Crew Chief (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: The occasional supplied lunch.
Cons: Management doesn't listen to employee problems, staff doesn't always work together.
Management could be better, and the safety of the staff should be a higher priority to them. Some employees refuse to help out and do their jobs, and management rarely do anything about it when informed.
horrible management
Passenger Service (Former Employee), edmonton, abJuly 21, 2015
Pros: great front line staff
Cons: management, long hours, lack of recognition
Some great front-line workers. Upper management does not care about employees and never acknowledges anyone. Poorly run. Great CSM though but awful station manager snd HR not that great. No work/life balance. Actually no life at all with 3:30am shift starts and always staying late for a delay or a cancellation. I would never ever recommend working here to anyone.
bad place to work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), 2000 WellingtonJanuary 6, 2016
Dont apply here. everything about it sucks. The bosses are bad, the work is long. the hours suck unless they like you and nobody cares about the job
OK NOT BAD COMPANY
Title Active Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
CAN WORK AND BALANCE LIFE, WOULD RECOMEND PERSON FOR THIS JOB IF I WOULD BE ASK ABOUT WORKING HERE. THANKS YOU ATS GOOD TEAM PLAYERS GREAT WORK ENVIROMENT AND OVERALL STAFFS ARE EVERY HELPFUL
My typical work day
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Pearson International AirportApril 2, 2015
When I first sit down at my desk, I open all applications needed to do my job correctly (about 10 applications).
I am always involved with management to rectify any issues that arise during the day.
I answer phones, communicate over the radio and speak on the air to ground .
There's a lot of clerical work and stats that need to be done daily.
It is a very fast paced, high stress, quick thinking environment that I enjoy.
Like any job, co-workers are hit and miss but I've learned to adapt to different personalities so I am able to get along with most. This also applies to working with the public.
The hardest part is coming up with solutions to better the company and management doesn't acknowledge it. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." I'd like to think that I will always try and be part of the solution.
interesting not boring job, huge pressure but time going fast
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2015
Good job, very interesting environment airport, management overall ok but sometimes they are lost with there job..
Salary need to be much better because of job huge responsibility.
Co-workers are very good.
Great work
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2015
Start early in the morning, unload and load planes with baggage, working in extreme conditions. I've learned how airplanes operate, the different types of planes and the process of aviation security.
Very tough but rewarding job
Ramp Agent and Team leader (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 19, 2015
I start work by setting up the gate for the arrival of my flight. I work under time pressure because of the expected time of flight departure. I work as a Team Leader which means i direct around 6-8 workers to perform their tasks and duties around the flight. I always make sure that everyone in the flight works as a team and not as an individual.
Good Place to Learn Ground Handling
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: relative freedom during downtime
Cons: limited resources and training
I learned a lot about the airline industry and flight operations during my time here. I worked with some great people. Pay was not good, but you can work a lot of hours if you are so inclined, and receive overtime pay.
Fast paced, fun, and wonderful co-workers
Passenger Services Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnJune 15, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work has you helping at least 100 customers with tickets, baggage, boarding passes, upgrades and customer concerns. I learned a lot about customer service and how to please difficult customers. The management was friendly and my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was the flight delays or cancellation. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the different people I got to meet.
A great experience
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: experience. working with pilots.
Cons: long hours
It was a great experience for me. It was a change of environment from retail stores to a high standards of airline customer service. The only thing that did not meet my liking is that it doesn't have any benefits and has a conflict with my school schedule. Passengers that always has a story or a positive attitude even when the flight is 4-hour delay always make me reevaluate my over all patience.

There was a time when I pulled off a 15-hour shift for two flights in one day because one got a 8-hour delay. Passengers were frustrated and angry.
interesting place to work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 8, 2012
Pros: flight benifits
Cons: working with kids and uncaring people.
Always meeting new people.You have yto get a long with people and know who your friends are. There is always some one looking to get you fired so a friend can be hired.
Hardest part of the job is the weather, noise, some co workers.. Rank has no meaning with the compoany.They do look after thier freinds. An average day is like any day your always loading luggae to start.. Some clinmb the ladder in weeks.
Horrible management and safety is overlooked
ramp agent (Former Employee), united - terminal oneJanuary 2, 2014
Cons: long hours, bad mangement, bad behaviour
ATS has no concern over safety they let people operate machinery without proper training. They give employees unsafe equipment to work on and worst of all they dont offer any benefits and the union chair is someone who does nothing but sleep in a chair all day.... DO NOT WORK FOR YYZ AIRPORT TERMINAL SERVICES SAVE UR TIME AND ENERGY
Fun work place
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Edmonton International AirportJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: flight passes
Cons: mandatory over time
I start 5 am and do my first flight by 6 am. I am a crew chief and I am responsible for the off loading and loading of flights as well as the on time departure of flights. It's a fast place work environment, we have a time frame in which we need to work within to satifsy our customers. They do not have a very strong management team.
I did
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2015
I did night shift work.
It was very hard job.
Out site work .
In the -40 degree I did the job.
It was tough tusk.
There was no night premium.
There was no other benifet wages.
Headquarters