Airport Terminal Services

Airport Terminal Services Employee Reviews

This company is a joke. Stay far away
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2017
This company treats its employees like garbage. Management are a bunch of drunks. They will give new employees a used uniform because they don't think you will stay long enough. There are constant safety issues due to lack of training. No room for advancement. Constant payroll mess ups. Management is always trying to save money, cut corners, etc. This company is a joke. Don't even waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Don't waste your time
Crew chief
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ab29 January 2017
I started as a luggage handler, within a month of starting I was a crew chief, I always stayed late just to help out because on night shift thats where the best people were. those that showed they had very good work ethic got promoted faster than most. Hand down the best job u ever had. I would go back in a heart beat. You get to learn about planes that most people don't know.
Pros
Benefits and flight passes. Flight attendants.
Cons
Gm sucked.
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
Agencies like Swissport who run over 8 airlines takes 2 weeks, with ATS it takes 3 months or more to train its employees, same process goes for acquiring a RAIC (Restricted Access Identity Card), expect a very slow process, unqualified employees, management, and very slow work environment. ATS does not recognize post secondary education. If you are hired for PSA role, expect minimum wage pay. Benefits kick in at 6 months of employment.

However despite all the negative it is great for acquiring experience.
Pros
Experience to transfer to other airlines, unionized workplace
Cons
Minimum wage, benefits, training, management, employees
You barely make just above minimum wage.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2016
Not a bad entry level job working on steel birds, loading and offloading bags in confined spaces are challenging at times but it's a good workout & the cold weather is quite nasty as the airport is super windy for some reason. Other than that the pay really sucks so don't stick around too long $11.30/hr isn't worth it.
Pros
Westjet benefits after 3 months, part time shifts are short and you get a nice workout
Cons
Just a few cents above minimum wage
Horrible, do not even think about applying here
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 November 2016
Horrible horrible horrible company. Management sucks, training sucks, equipment sucks, everything about this company sucks. Constant turnover, unqualified trainers, be prepared not to be trained on anything. This company does not care about its employees. Everyone in management is condescending. This company also frequently breaks labour laws.
Pros
Cons
Everything sucks
Dont work here.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2016
Ats doesn't ant care about thede employees, the pay sucks. Management is a joke and the hours are horrible. You dont get to pick the equipment. Is garbage and is allways broken. Dont work here! You will regret it. And they don't t pay overtime for covering shifts and bd dont let you take days off. Unless its your vacation. Wich you can only take. On certain Months
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Carol sucks
fun workplace if you really love being around airplanes
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2017
We always have the same routine at work every single. We offload and onload every single bag that is in the plane. We arrange the bags of the passengers according to their flight number.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
long hours and poor management
overall good experience
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
i joined airport terminal services as ramp crew after 6 month got promotion as ramp crew chief .when its too cold lots of people do sick called and only few crew handling all ramp duties its very hard to manage.i never did sick call and over all its good experience.
fun group of people to work with
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2017
Management had its issues of not caring for their employees, but the staff I worked with was amazing and friendly,.

Managements buggiest issue was making promises that they never had any plans to keep.
It is ok as s starting work
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 November 2016
Just to get raic done.
No life.

Managers always care about their own personal life. they'll make work 7 days with no days off. If you work other job in same airport they come and insult you infront of your other employer.
Not too bad
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
All of co-worker is very nice and friendly.
Always work together and talk and discuss about company together.
Work environment are not too bad
Also Salary and Benefits are not too bad
But not enough. Still need increase and growth
Great Benefits and Great place to meet new people.
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 July 2016
I Really enjoyed working at the airport as it would allow me to meet new people and overcome new challenges. The hours weren't great as it took quite at adjustment to waking up or coming home from work when most people are still sleeping. There was a lot of down time as well so, there was always an opportunity to pick the brain of the experienced co workers in order to advance yourself. Majority of people are quite friendly and willing to help out.
Pros
Discount flights
Cons
lack of hours and low wages.
it was okay.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
they tried to get me to go back to work on an injury when the doctor told me i should be goiing back to work, they threatened me my job, I was scared to go back to work to permenantly injure myself.
Good people to work with
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2016
On load and off load bag from planes was good job to have just pay was to low to live on met lots of people met some good people to work with had some good job experinces with this job
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
No stop
big time no
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
never again i will work there again

no respect
management treats you like your no one
pay you nothing
wont put in the hours to pay you at all
your always fighting for your last pay
fun and long hours
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2016
the airport was great you get to meet lots of new ppl and learn cool things about planes most ppl dont know. this was onbe of the best jobs i had although the pay was not the best
Was a close nit work environment.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2016
I loved this job, I love aviation and to be beside these massive flying machines. Aside for one flaw I have no negative comments about this place. The only reason I was let go was due to an injury. I damaged my ankle pretty bad and it took a really long time to heal and i understand they have strict timelines to meet and without me there it added stress. But the management was great, they always acknowledged the hard workers and they ensure safety. It is incredibly physically demanding but you get the proper rest between flights. The staff there were really close because we did not want to see anyone get hurt. My injury was freak luck. Advancement is simple if you try hard and let them know you want to.
Pros
A great workout, excellent benefits and its so fun
Cons
Exhaughsting
Good Place work
Licensed Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2016
Good place to work long hour but it was shift work and enjoyed my days off plenty of family time. Also very lots to learn and train on. Very little stress
Pros
little stress
Cons
hard work
great place to work
former manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
great team, great environment to work. quick paced but very fun to come to work! and ability to have breaks throughtout the day, flight benefits were a nice bonus!
worst entry level airline job
CSA (Former Employee) –  YVR6 April 2016
in the interview, can you work early mornings? Yes, please.
can you work more than 40, possibly 50 hours a week or more? yes, I can. You get flight benefits. All lies. Worked 16 hours a week. Worked mostly night shifts. There is NO flight benefits!
One cannot survive on 16 hours a week at minimum wage. I would like to know where they find these managers with no working knowledge of people skills? Just awful. Lots of favoritism, and entitlement. Job showed so much promise, but in the end, it was a horrible experience.
Pros
you work at the airport, if travel is your thing
Cons
poorly managed.