Airline Employee Reviews

Fast paced working enviroment, reliant on excellent communication and team work.
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Gatwick, Stanstead, Luton, Bristol, HeathrowJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work would be Planning, Review Performance and many meetings with customer and airport authorities
I have learned the art of delegation to enable my own focus
Young management team so lots of mentoring and performance monitoring required.
Co-workers very loyal and work hard to ensure high level of service given
Hardest part of job was very long winter months due to complexity of winter operation
Most enjoyable part of job was meeting and exceeding expectations and project management, planning and completing on time performance..
Pros
Taking customers out and entertaining. Golf on a Friday!
Cons
Extremely pressurised environment, especially in Winter
being a flight attendant is not easy
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  iranMay 1, 2016
• Greeted passengers
• Explained and demonstrated safety procedures
• Checked general condition of the aircraft’s cabin
• Checked food and beverage quantities and ensured that all necessary supplies are on board
• Delivered menu, explained different options to passengers, Served food and beverages to passengers and make flight announcements.
Provide maintenance to aircraft
Airside Operations (Current Employee) –  Bristol / LulsgateMay 1, 2016
This could be a great job, unfortunately management are unable to run a bath let alone the company. Lack of support and management ability allowing certain employees to abuse the system and not be disciplined. This results in other members of staff having to work harder.

Since working at this company I have learnt that there is a high level of responsibility to ensure the work carried out is to the highest level.

We fix and maintain areas of the aircraft making sure the plane is well presented and safe. Also responsible for de-icing during the winter periods.

The most demanding part of the job is replacing the carpets inside the aircraft. Working with a team who are competent but not that motivated. The salary for the responsibility is and will be a main point of contention within the company as its not reflective to our skill level.

Our day to day operation can vary from cleaning the exterior of the plane to replacing the carpets inside the plane, as well as ensuring the safety of the passengers during freezing conditions.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the shift pattern, I'd like to say theres more to the job but unfortunately the pay is poor, the working equipment is historic and theres no support from the management.
Pros
shift pattern
Cons
Poor support within the company.
AirTran Airways/Southwest Airlines
ðJCoordinator/Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2015
Enjoyed working in aviation for over 10 years. I loved that it was always busy and there were new problems to solve everyday. My co-workers were amazing and great people to work with. They definitely made a difference in my life.
Excellent expirience of working within great team
Cabin crew (Former Employee) –  BishkekSeptember 10, 2015
It was all good to understand the aviation field and gain some very valuable expirience while being a part of a nice team.
LOT OF HARD WORK BUT PRODUCTIVE EDUCATIONAL
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, ENGNovember 21, 2013
FUN.ADUCATIONAL PRODUCTIVE.BUT V V HARD JOB TOO
TALKING TO DIFFERENT NATIONALITY OF PEOPLE .

EVERY DAY AT JOB WAS BIT DIFERENT DUE TO THE REQUIREMENT OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE OF CULTURE
COMMUNICATION .LANGUAGE.
V NICE CO WORKERS WORKING HARD AND ALSO FUN LOVING.LONG HOURS IN BUSSY TIMES OF THE YRS .
FREE TRAVE TKTS 4+INTERLINE.50 % DISCOUNT IN 5 STAR HOTELS
Pros
free travelling 4 times a year +interline free tkts
Cons
pick season long hours
Airline Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 13, 2012
Improved my management skills within the organization. Many opportunities to grow and advancement
It was great experience working with Akbar Travels.Too much too learn
Tour Executive & Online Ticketing Coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Mumbai IndiaDecember 5, 2013
Work was 9 to 6 job.Learned a lot abot tours,walk in guest,online booking on portals.Management was good.and co workers were of great help.Hardest part of the job was all new things as i was a beginner but grasped things very soon and worked smothely.Enjoyable part was when we used to run to station so dat we dont miss our train.It was fun.
Pros
too much lo learns about airlines and holidays part
Cons
nothing
self management,increase my ability for more appurtunity
customer service,receptionist (Current Employee) –  dubaiMay 16, 2013
i work any time or any shifting,i want to learn kinds of management,learn fast,respectable to all co workers,i think there is no hardest part of the job if you are serious in all details of your job,good company.
Pros
housing allowance, holidays, transpo
Cons
long house
Excellent Industry to work
Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jet Airways IndiaJanuary 4, 2015
I am working in Airline industry for 3 years, still i am enjoying it. Every day I am working in different shifts, including night shift. Working in airport and inside the aircraft is sometime different experience which i have. I have joined as customer service and later on I moved to security department. From there I have earned Screener and AVSEC certificate. I want to work in UAE to make my financial background strong.
A stimulating and dynamic operation. I enjoy the interaction that the job provides with both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
Manager Global Call Centres (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPAugust 12, 2013
I generally work extended hours in support of the global operation and in the event that there are any irregular operations tht require a quick to action plan or service. I currently support 4 operations based in Johannesburg ,Fort Lauderdale in the USA ,London and Frnkfurt. The operation in Johannesburg is outsourced to a service provider and i support the service agreement, the strategic and operational support on behalf of the Airline with respect this operation. My role is fulfilled under the Global Sales framework and despite my role been specific for the the Call Centres , i am expected to support the team with any sales or service related component. I enjoy working within a dynamic team and the inspiration and team work is certainly valued by me.
Pros
rebate travel opportunities
Cons
on the premise it is a global operation after hours support is required.
airline
American Eagle Airlines (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 11, 2013
great management
great coworkers
hardest part rebooking passengers high stress
visiting with customers.
very good place to learn the profession
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  KrakowJune 11, 2014
- Handling an individual and business customers
- Booking and selling airline tickets (Amadeus), "low cost" airline tickets, coach tickets,ferry tickets, insurance policies, youth cards,
city attractions, tours & holiday packages, hotels, airport transfers and rent a car
- Full support for business trips, conferences and congresses
- Cooperation with travel agents – incoming groups and VIP guests support
- Maintaining information flow between the office and the OST Gromada departments
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DLJune 8, 2014
Learned a lot about Airlines Process

Job Responsibilities:-
Pre-Flight Work, Brefing, Counters, Help pax in immigrations & customs procdures, Boarding gate (BGR, Sttubing), Arrivals (AHL, DAMAGE,MISHANDLING REPORTS), Post-Flight

team of around 28-30 people

Enjoyable part of my job was meeting different people of different regions on daily basis .
Travel Perks
Sales Consultant, Senior Agent and Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2012
For Various Travel Agencies in Northern California,
Coordinated complete air packages; largest client University of California, Berkeley.
Pros
discount travel on hotels, cars, and bart reinbursement
Cons
travel needs of humankind moved to the internet
fun at work with great attitude
fleet service (Former Employee) –  indianapolisApril 26, 2012
its always fun to go to work, never a dull moment with the airline industry.
you never know what you are going to get , delays, weather, traffic control....but at the end everybody is happy
job well done
Customer Services - Job knowledge - Attractive Job Culture
Supervisor Customer Services - Saudi (Former Employee) –  CairoNovember 17, 2013
- Customer Service & Passenger Handling .
- Reservation / Ticketing / Airport Services / Traffic Control .
- Time keeping .
- Decision making .
- Problems solving .
Good but concerns over direction
Interior Airline Operative - airside (Current Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport, ENGJanuary 6, 2014
Good team work but high turnover of staff.

I enjoy the night shift work.

A friendly team of colleagues.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Company in tranisition.
Adminsitrator/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Design DepartmentAugust 13, 2012
Overall colleagues are good to work with.
Poor communication from top down.
New computer system being introduced which is over 50% of my current job.
gute Arbeitsbedingungen
Softwareentw., Betriebs- u. Endanwenderunterstütz. (Former Employee) –  Frankfurt Main, HEApril 28, 2014
interessante und unterschiedliche Aufgaben